New Director of Football?

cosmic

I do feel that the DOF system can work, but there has to be a lot of trust between manager and DOF, and preferably they should already have experience of working in partnership together. Appointing two strangers seems very hazardous.

So Dalglish / Shearer may be okay.

Seems strange for the club to say they're not replacing Wise then two weeks later replacing him.

Still, this would be even more evidence that Shearer is here for the long haul.

I can't remember the exact words but didn't they say they had 'no plans' to appoint a replacement?

I'm sure that was a peace offering with the fans.

If we do get a DoF, it'll be Shearer's man fo' sho!

fancy title for a chief scout, accountable to the manager, chosen by the manager.

This is how it should always have been, and if it had been, there would never have been a problem with it.

Arthur Cox would and could have done the same job for Keegan, and when he left it was the final indicator to me that Keegan wouldn't be far behind him walking out the door.

Dalglish signed a load of s***, but also Given, Speed, Solano and Hamann. Some gems.

I would say Dalglish had a  the better record in the transfer market than any other manager since he left. As well as the four above he also bought Tommason (fair enough not a succes here but a good player) and Dabizas (who was alright for the price).

Dalglish signed a load of s***, but also Given, Speed, Solano and Hamann. Some gems.

I would say Dalglish had a  the better record in the transfer market than any other manager since he left. As well as the four above he also bought Tommason (fair enough not a succes here but a good player) and Dabizas (who was alright for the price).

Yep, and the main reason for the likes of Pinas, Serrant, Brady, etc. were because we had no reserve squad at all.

The original TSM's days were not fondly remembered as he tried to bring in his own players to replace the Entertainers. But you certainly can't knock his record having won titles with 2 different teams. If he is here to share his experience and AS can remain his own man, it may be a good plan after all. AS with his stature, Dowie providing the modern scientific ways of training and TSM for his wealth of knowledge

Guest pont-toon

fancy title for a chief scout, accountable to the manager, chosen by the manager.

This is how it should always have been, and if it had been, there would never have been a problem with it.

Arthur Cox would and could have done the same job for Keegan, and when he left it was the final indicator to me that Keegan wouldn't be far behind him walking out the door.

yip would work for me as long as the manager had the final say in who it was - didnt Bobby Robson have Gordon Milne in a similar capacity - the key being he was chsoen by Sir Bob himself? or am i spouting garbage ?

yip would work for me as long as the manager had the final say in who it was - didnt Bobby Robson have Gordon Milne in a similar capacity - the key being he was chsoen by Sir Bob himself? or am i spouting garbage ?

yes, that is right.

such a job is actually tailor made for someone like Arthur Cox or Kenny Dalglish etc, with the proviso as mentioned.

Guest neesy111

dalgleish started the rot, horrible manager if the club doesn't have the resources

took the club from 2nd to almost getting relegated in 12 months, that's worse than what the other manager's in recent time have done

got rid of ferdinand, asprilla and replaced them with tomasson and andersson  :rant:

dalgleish started the rot, horrible manager if the club doesn't have the resources

took the club from 2nd to almost getting relegated in 12 months, that's worse than what the other manager's in recent time have done

got rid of ferdinand, asprilla and replaced them with tomasson and andersson  :rant:

Tomasson proved over the course of his career that he was a good player. He never stood a chance though after having to shoulder most of the burden that season due to various factors.

wouldn't be the worst idea, get him in to cover some of the administrative stuff that would just end up distracting shearer - maintaining the scouting network, dealing with youth football, contracts etc.