Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Newcastle - 19/04/08 - post match reaction from page 25

Dave

F*cking hell man. HAS to score.

Owen doesn't even make runs like that anymore..

What's he got to do with it?

He's on the pitch isn't he? (you could be forgiven for saying no by the way)..

Well first half he made an identical run to the Oba one there and a better ball from Jonas would have give him a simple tap in, so your argument is moot really.

Guest neesy111

again where was michael owen, ppl keep saying he's going to start scoring, but he's proven to be shit footballer in general as well

Guest firetotheworks

Such a result tease that. We were shocking but lost by one goal. Just so tempting. We dont beat Portsmouth, we down, simple as that.

these players are just pure shit, its a fucking disgrace that theyre representing Newcastle.

im so sick and tired of this bullshit, a bunch of mongs who cannot pass 5 fucking yards infront of themselves

owen has been dogshit since the first half of the stoke game on december 6th. i can't even remember him having a good 15 minute spell since then. he is incredibly ineffective when the formation and mix of players does not suit him and once again today, completely invisible.

F*cking hell man. HAS to score.

Owen doesn't even make runs like that anymore..

What's he got to do with it?

He's on the pitch isn't he? (you could be forgiven for saying no by the way)..

Well first half he made an identical run to the Oba one there and a better ball from Jonas would have give him a simple tap in, so your argument is moot really.

Completely incomparable situation man.. Martins ran behind the defense himself, Owen had Jonas do the hard work for him (as he always does nowadays)..

Shearer was a legend as a player no doubt, but everyone here is clouding their judgement if they're saying he isn't responsible today. His formation was pants, as was his starting selection, no Guthrie? what was that all about seems to me Dowie is pulling more strings than Al.

Harper

Saylor Beye Bassong Duff/Enrique

Jonas Smith/Barton Guthrie

Martins Viduka Owen

THIS MUST BE THE TEAM FOR THE REMAINING GAMES, SMITH IS RUTHLESS but atleast hes f*^***** distribution was 10 times better than Butts has ever been.

Martins, Jonas and Viduka tried to create but you could see Jonas was tired at the end, he was suffering from cramp and lost some pace.

Shearer needs to take blame, but i was surprised with the fact that Smith can play those longballs outwide actually comin to a player, not like but who kicks it out for a f***** throw every single time!

We deserve to drop.  No question about that.  Premiership simply too good for players like Butt, Nolan Duff and probably Owen.

We simply lack the quality, fucking hell.

We've just watched 90 mins of football and what has Owen done in this whole time?

You can talk about his goal record all you want but I find it alarming that he doesn't even manage to get any attempts on goal.

He either plays behind a front two or not at all.

The difference Martins made up front was crazy. You can talk about how frustrating he is all you want but we had Spurs o the ropes from the moment he came on and that handball against him before he scored was just bollocks. He should have had a goal there.

Martins and Jonas have to be the first two in the team.

Shearer was a legend as a player no doubt, but everyone here is clouding their judgement if they're saying he isn't responsible today. His formation was pants, as was his starting selection, no Guthrie? what was that all about seems to me Dowie is pulling more strings than Al.

I don't think anyone thinks the tactics weren't shit, so of course Shearer has to take his portion of the blame.

During that spell where Oba and Viduka were causing havoc, Butt managed to ruin any momentum we were gathering by over hitting passes and gifting it back to Spurs.

Got to start Viduka & Oba next week. Have to

Guest neesy111

true he had to change the formation at least 3 times today because the one he started with was going rubbish