Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Pompey are a poor team, but then again so are we. I would encourage all fans to sing their hearts out to ligt the team, and perhaps make the most of our Premiership status:

No idea what the team could be but I would be hopeful that Barton, Guthrie and Enrique start, and I would do a preferred line-up but it depresses me to do so.

All we need to do is mark Crouch out of the game and keep an eye on Belhadj, Johnson and Krancjar. James has been iffy for a few games recently.

Can see this being a 0-0, and would happilly take a controversial 1-0 win with Gutierrez. I have so far created two pre-match threads, and we are unbeaten in both of these (albeit being against WBA and Everton)

Now f**king come on!!!

:indi:

Guest Albert Square

3 at the back and no Martins = epic failure.

4 at the back and Martins = win.

Lose and its curtains for us.

Kranjcar's out isn't he? That'd be a big plus. Meanwhile we've got Enrique, Guthrie, Barton, Martins and Viduka all back.

Go 4-3-3, which i think he will, and we'll really take it to them. Win, which i think we will, and it will provide a massive, massive boost. Given how shite we are, it's the first genuinely winnable game we've had in a while given the recent horror fixture list.

2-1. :thup:

Harper

Beye   Taylor  Bassong   Enrique

Butt

Jonas         Guthrie

Owen

Martins                            Viduka

It is very possible we could win this. I do have the faith that we can.

Mind you, I have that Blackburn game before Souness got the sack and that Blackburn game under Bobby as well. We'll play our hearts out, have the whole game, miss fuck loads of chances and still lose it 1-0.

Harper

Beye Taylor Bassong Enrique

Guthrie Smith Jonas

Owen

Viduka Martins

And I think we'd win.

I agree.

Mind you, I reckon Taylor won't be fit, Enrique won't be fit enough to start, Butt will definitely play and one of either Martins or Viduka won't make it. Hope I'm wrong like.

Mind you, I reckon Taylor won't be fit, Enrique won't be fit enough to start, Butt will definitely play and one of either Martins or Viduka won't make it. Hope I'm wrong like.

:sadnod:

Nailed on.

Harper

Beye Saylor/Edgar Bassong  Enrique

Jonas    Barton   Guthrie

Owen

Martins    Viduka

Subs: Forster, Colocinni, Edgar/Saylor, Smith, Geremi, Carroll, Ranger

Guest neesy111

we got beat 4-1 of these last year

we need enrique, viduka, martins and barton all to start if we are going to have any chance

Guest neesy111

We beat them 0-3 this season as well.  :undecided:

ohh aye forgot about that, that seem's a long time ago

we need enrique, viduka, martins and barton all to start if we are going to have any chance

Right. Our ability to string two passes together depends on it.