Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Kranjcar's out isn't he? That'd be a big plus. Meanwhile we've got Enrique, Guthrie, Barton, Martins and Viduka all back.

Go 4-3-3, which i think he will, and we'll really take it to them. Win, which i think we will, and it will provide a massive, massive boost. Given how s**** we are, it's the first genuinely winnable game we've had in a while given the recent horror fixture list.

2-1. :thup:

Harper

Beye    Taylor  Bassong    Enrique

Butt

Jonas          Guthrie

Owen

Martins                            Viduka

you'd play Butt? seriously

Didn't see the game today and i heard Smith was alright... but going off what i've seen before; Butt was instrumental in making that 4-3-3 work last season.

It's pointless contemplating dropping him anyway tbh, it simply won't happen.

Didn't see the game today and i heard Smith was alright... but going off what i've seen before; Butt was instrumental in making that 4-3-3 work last season.

It's pointless contemplating dropping him anyway tbh, it simply won't happen.

It's Nolan most people want to be dropped.

Guest Joe90

Big game with high stakes,  massive tension and bundle of nerves. Can see this going pear shaped big time as I think the whole crapshoot will get to the players who haven't shown any mental backbone for awhile now. To be on the safeside I'm going to wear my parka with the big hood and bring a set of mini headphones and my DS just in case. I've never left a game early in 40 plus years so if it all goes arse over tit I'm going to slump down in my seat, hunker down, switch on, tune out and pretend it's all a bad dream and ain't happening.

Then I'm going to waddle off home and kick the hamster.

We need Liverpool, West Brom & Wigan to do the business next weekend. I'd have been happy to have seen West Brom win today against City. That would have given them a real incentive and confidence to take into the mackems. Blackburn have a derby & we can hope Wigan get something. Liverpool have only the league to go for now so that can only be good news for the Hull game (and bad for when we play them).

Shearer's true test? Pompey at home.

Guest Stephen927

Hoping Blackburn lose their home game against Wigan next week, so that even if we win the situation at the bottom will look more positive for us.

Going into an away tie against Liverpool with the possibility of being 6 points behind Blackburn when the game finishes at Anfield is very grave.

Hoping Blackburn lose their home game against Wigan next week, so that even if we win the situation at the bottom will look more positive for us.

Going into an away tie against Liverpool with the possibility of being 6 points behind Blackburn when the game finishes at Anfield is very grave.

I reckon Blackburn are pretty safe, don't see us gaining 4 points on them when they also have three rather comfortable home games left (WBA, Wigan and Pompey).

Hull on the other hand have some difficult games, they'll do well to get more than 3 points out of their remaining five.

Villa 2-0 home victory was on Setanta!!

There is hope.  :sadnod:

Yup, and if anyone likes omens.....     Me at SJP + game on Setanta Sports = Newcastle win. Bought a ticket this evening. :coolsmiley:

Villa 2-0 home victory was on Setanta!!

There is hope.  :sadnod:

Yup, and if anyone likes omens.....     Me at SJP + game on Setanta Sports = Newcastle win. Bought a ticket this evening. :coolsmiley:

Now you only said that because, if we now go and beat Pompey, people will be lining up to buy you tickets for the Boro game! :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton, Enrique back

..............................Harper..............................

Beye..............Taylor...........Bass...............Enrique

...............................Guthrie..................................

................Barton.....................Jonas....................

....................................Owen................................

....................Martins.........................Viduka.........

would see us win the game

Actually, we might aswell chuck Guthrie in as that deep-lying midfielder, rather than Butt. At the end of the day, Butt hardly offers protection to the defense so Guthrie is no worse. Difference being, Guthrie can actually keep possession, and with the added movement of Jonas/Barton/Oba/Owen in that formation - it would work well in theory.

If we'd had that team every single week since the start of the season (maybe with a Shay in there)... and Keegan in charge, i think we'd be right up there. But oh well.

Guest GAMMELL

Pity it's not mushroom season.... f*ck me, another depressing result in the offing, What will the reaction be like if we don't win this!? We're all desperately trying to be positive but how can you f*ckin be with these ba*tards representing out glorious club.

I just don't know anymore, lost for words.... thank f*ck says you  :harry:

This is the first game this season where we might be able to play our best XI.

Harper

Beye Taylor* Bassong Enrique

Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen

Viduka        Martins

*Colo if injured.

Won't be that though, Butt will definitely play, I can't see Duff being dropped and Barton and Enrique won't be (match)fit.