Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Harper

Beye Colocinni Bassong Enrique

Guthrie  Barton  Jonas

Owen

Martins   Viduka

I'd go for this one.

We need a big atmosphere at this game, its okay Shearer doing his "its not about me" bit, but he needs to use the fact that he is worshiped to help create the noise. No waiting in the tunnel until the last minute to come out, get out early get to the touchline and the place jumping, he will get a responce. If its just left as is everyone is going to be so quiet and nervous the players will pick up on it, every little helps and we need all the help we can get.

--------------------------------------------------

:celb: :celb: :celb:

He added: “Hopefully, Jose Enrique will be training Wednesday or Thursday.

“If everything goes well with him, we might have him available for Portsmouth.”

Steven Taylor up front and in midfield? f***ing hell. :lol:

May aswell give him a chance in goal too whilst we're at it. Good with his hands and likes diving around theatrically. :thup:

:rolleyes:

:lol:

There doesn't seem to have been any 'Shearer effect' at all. Have we looked any different since he got here? I was hoping for a new manager boost... maybe we should have waited until after the Chelsea game to announce his appointment.

To be fair, he's had them playing a completely different system the last two games so there's definitely been a change.

Unfortunately, that new system makes the previous 4-4-2 look awesome.

Every other team this season has had the "we've got rid of that gimp and straight away we get a few good results" effect, except us.

Notable: Paul Hart, Ricky Sbragia, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp, Guus Hiddink, Gianfranco Zola. But not Shearer.

Every other team this season has had the "we've got rid of that gimp and straight away we get a few good results" effect, except us.

Notable: Paul Hart, Ricky Sbragia, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp, Guus Hiddink, Gianfranco Zola. But not Shearer.

I'm praying the 'Shearer effect' will kick in for the three home games.

There doesn't seem to have been any 'Shearer effect' at all. Have we looked any different since he got here? I was hoping for a new manager boost... maybe we should have waited until after the Chelsea game to announce his appointment.

To be fair, he's had them playing a completely different system the last two games so there's definitely been a change.

Unfortunately, that new system makes the previous 4-4-2 look awesome.

:lol:

I suppose so!

He says he's been forced into it but surely there was someone who could do a simple disciplined job at LB and keep the familiar shape?

I'm praying the 'Shearer effect' will kick in for the three home games.

Looking through each sides first few fixtures under new managers (apart from hiddink) thats the only difference. All bar sunluns first game under new management were relatively easy/winnable games at home for them all. For sunlun Bragia took over as caretaker...lost away at man u...then their next two games were west brom at home & hull away.

Ours have been severely crap fixtures in comparison...unlucky as usual. Or just a stupidly late time to appoint someone. Anyway just hope the enthusiasm hasnt been knocked down by the losses..it may have done.

Carroll          S. Taylor

Viduka

Jonas    Butt    Smith

Enrique   Bassong    Beye    Geremi

Harper

Put S. Taylor up front to cause "some mayhem"... need someone inspirational upfront and who can get on to their faces. Owen relegated to the bench and get on after Viduka tires. Geremi to replace the waster that is R. Taylor. The lad is slow as hell but can't do any worse. At least he can keep possession.

Anyone know Shearer's email address?

Joe man your hearts still bad, get back to hospital

That seems more like the Allardyce way IMO with players being played well out of position.

What we have to do is get a response.

The players sit back to much early doors, gazza was saying the same yesterday...its always towards the end of the second half when they realise that theyre running out of time to get anything. They kick it up a notch & start breaking their balls to win everything...then we attack attack attack (even tho for us that means keeping the ball around their area). But the more we go for an attacking strategy in games the better we do...and that only happens 1-0 down in the second half.

The fans need to get the atmosphere rocking so their addrenalin kicks in in the same way early on, so they feel like the fans are anticipating us scoring & that it might actually happen. Anything that actually gets them moving.

Watching Nolan jog across the area with no level of determination to get to a player who had a year to take down the ball before shooting was one of the most enfuriating thngs ive ever seen. Him and Butts performance ended up pulling guti out & then we're done attacking as they dont support going foward.

I fucking hate that this match is so far away,going to be the longest fucking week.The good thing  about it is we have an extra few days for our injurys to clear up.I would love to see Barton back for this hes the kinda character we need in our team.No fucking way nolan or butt should be in the side we will soon see what Al is made of!I would pick Smith ahead of both thats how bad it is now!Carroll Martins with Owen floating behind like kks system please god.Guthrie,Jonas and I supose Butt will be picked anyways isnt a bad midfield.We certainly have a strong enough team to beat the cunts!

Keep the faith!

HA'WAY THE LADS! :clap:

All of these must start..

-------------Harper

Beye----?------------Bass-----Jose

Jonas---Guth-------?----------Duff

---------Owen--------Oba

If Taylor is still out then who plays CB? move Beye in and pay Edgar at RB maybe.

Who to partner Guthrie in midfield? Smith,Butt,Nolan,Geremi ? not much difference in choice really is there. Unless he plays 4-3-3 and starts Biduka with Owen and Oba.

Shearer might not have brought the instant impact we were hoping for, but I'd much rather go down knowing we tried out some different ideas than just carried on with the shite that got us in this position in the first place.

Shearer might not have brought the instant impact we were hoping for, but I'd much rather go down knowing we tried out some different ideas than just carried on with the s**** that got us in this position in the first place.

True, he has doen okay with everything else, stepped up training, stopped the going out on the lash and stuff, I guess having no LB meant he had to try other things rather than just play 4-4-2 with a really weak LB.

Shearer might not have brought the instant impact we were hoping for, but I'd much rather go down knowing we tried out some different ideas than just carried on with the shite that got us in this position in the first place.

The criticism Shearer is getting is unwarranted IMO. There's only so much you can do with a hamstrung squad.

The criticism Shearer is getting is unwarranted IMO. There's only so much you can do with a hamstrung squad.

If Lippi or Mourinho had played 3-5-2 i'd criticise them for it, too. it's madness. I could see an argument for using it against stoke - forwards and wingers with relatively limited mobility who will launch it forward and then win headers - it gives us an extra man to pounce on knock-downs. but it didnt even work against them. trying to play it against a side like spurs who have such good movement upfront and out wide is suicide. had we set ourselves out more sensibly in the two games i honestly think we would've came away with more than a measly 1 point.

Agree.

I'm loving that he's willing to try new things, as we were obviously going nowhere before he came in. Also like that he swaps and changes things during the games, he deserves a lot of credit for that.

I agree, the lack of the Shearer effect is as much an indictment of the players as anything else.

Don't think he's done anything massively wrong, maybe there is no manager that could transform our useless players.

Put this in the wrong thread, so here goes again.

I'd go for this

Harper

Beye    Taylor    Bassong    (Enrique)

(Barton)/Guthrie

Jonas                      (Lovenkrands)/Duff

Owen

Martins                Viduka

Players in brackets I would play if fit. I think our defence is strong enough now to withstand the extra strain from only a 3 man midfield (to be honest the usual midfield puts them in more trouble). It may be a bit too attacking but f*** it if we don't score we can't ever get three points.