The best side you've ever seen play you live.

brummie

What was yours?

Mine was Juventus in the European Cup Quarter Final, 1983, by an absolute country mile.

I've never seen us play a side as impressive as that in a quarter of a century since, and I reckon I never will, they were unbelievable.

How's this for a line up:

Zoff

Gentile

Cabrini

Bonini

Brio

Scirea

Bettega

Tardelli

Paolo Rossi

Platini

Boniek

Coach: Trapattoni.

Are we talking "on paper" or actual performance wise.

I think it would have to be Man U when they beat us 2-6. Paul Scholes was fucking awesome that day.

Obscure maybe but I remember David O'Leary's Leeds beating us 0-3 at SJP. One of the best performance I have ever seen. Their passing and pure football that day, I have to admit, was brilliant.

Are we talking "on paper" or actual performance wise.

I think it would have to be Man U when they beat us 2-6. Paul Scholes was fucking awesome that day.

Obscure maybe but I remember David O'Leary's Leeds beating us 0-3 at SJP. One of the best performance I have ever seen. Their passing and pure football that day, I have to admit, was brilliant.

The day Dyer told the Journal he was after Scholes' England place.

How can you see a side live 'on paper'? :lol:

Ah you know what I mean  :lol:

You can see a team of superstars but they turn in a shite performance. Real Madrid's Galacticos have turned out some shite when I have watched them on Sky.

Are we talking about a team of names or the best performance by a team

only been into football for a short time relative to others but man united beating fulham 4-0 at craven cottage in the fa cup this season. rested half their players inc ronaldo, scored 2 blinders and generally took a very good fulham side to the cleaners

Guest firetotheworks

Barca in 2007

Messi (when he eventually came on), Henry, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Puyol, Valdez, Gudjohnsen, Yaya Toure (Best player on the field that night by a mile) Xavi, Marquez.

It was creamy as fuck.

Best performance i've ever seen from a team at SJP was us vs Reading last season. :undecided:

Not been to that many games. :blush:

EDIT: misread the title... best side i've ever seen play us. Hull City one two occassions this season - tactically and mentally outclassed by Phil Brown, on both occassions. :)

Best performance i've ever seen from a team at SJP was us vs Reading last season. :undecided:

Not been to that many games. :blush:

Mine's probably the Blackburn side that beat us 2-0 at the end of the 2006/2007 season. :kinnear:

Guest neesy111

:lol:

Is it true or not that Scholes has scored more league goals at St James' than Dyer?

yes that is true

Us 1-4 Inter Milan

Recoba came on and scored a lovely goal, with practically his first touch

Insanely good. Though, i would have loved to see us finish that game with eleven men.

To think we went there a couple of weeks later and forced them to equalise twice. :nope:  Great times.

Wasn't the greatest team I reckon, still very strong though.

Toldo, Zanetti, Materazzi, Cannavaro. Pasquale, Okan, Emre, Almeyda, Morfeo, Crespo, Vieri.

The Monaco side with Henry, Anderson, Collins, Barthez, Trezeguet...Dumas wasn't too shabby either.

EDIT: Trezeguet didn't play but still...

Barthez, Blondeau, Djetou, Dumas, Petit, Collins, Benarbia (Scifo), Anderson, Legwinski, Grimandi (Martin), Henry (Ikpeba).