The best side you've ever seen play you live.

brummie

Worksop Town with Waddle et co (Brian Linighan, Kenny Clark, Jackson, Caldwell, Cropper,Dawson (famous brothers) )

Class. A travesty we didn't beat Burton for the title that season. Now look at them. Worksop bottom half of unibond prem, below FCUOM :(.

Bradford City 0-4 Man Utd. Beckham's corner that Scholes smashed in, was an absolute footballing masterclass from Beckham and co that day.

Bosnich

G Neville

Berg

Silvestre

P Neville

Beckham

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Cole

Yorke

Scorers:

Yorke (37, 40)

Scholes

Beckham

The best Newcastle side I've seen live Newcastle 3-0 Bayer Leverkusen 1-Shay Given; 12-Andy Griffin, 19-Titus Bramble, 30-Steve Caldwell, 35-Olivier Bernard; 25-Brian Kerr, 8-Kieron Dyer, 11-Gary Speed, 32-Laurent Robert; 9-Alan Shearer, 23-Shola Ameobi

Ok, so we had a few injuries and it wasn't the best team we've put out, but we absolutely smashed them. I really thought we had a shot at the league that year. Until Man Utd beat us 6-2 at home. Out of curiosity what happened to Brian Kerr?

Us 1-4 Inter Milan

Recoba came on and scored a lovely goal, with practically his first touch

Insanely good. Though, i would have loved to see us finish that game with eleven men.

To think we went there a couple of weeks later and forced them to equalise twice. :nope:  Great times.

Fucking disgusting defending. Showed inside onto his left foot by our full back. I'm still livid about it...clearly no homework done at all on the opposition/stupid player. Argh!

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool this season were pretty impressive, although countered by the fact we were utter rubbish. Man Utd several times, Barcelona back in '97 and Arsenal once or twice but to be honest not many sides come to SJP and put in an absolute devastating display, regardless of quality or name which I feel is small testament to our own club when faced against the very best.

The best side I've ever seen at SJP or anywhere was our own - the one that stormed to the top of the league in 94-95 winning its first 8 (league & cup) games of the season, along the way hammering Royal Antwerp 10-2 over two legs and for 45 minutes absolutely smashing Athletic Bilbao at home in the UEFA cup. Forget the start we made the following season or the football we played in that campaign, at the start of 94-95 we were frighteningly good. KK's Newcastle at its best and indeed football at its best.

I doubt we'll ever see such a high level of pass and move, constant attacking football whether at home or away from our own team nor any other, not in that spectacular manner anyway. We battered the opposition from the get go and chalked up a lot of goals. Indeed I think we hold the record for most goals scored in the opening 6 games of a Premier League campaign and I'm sure most consecutive wins too, although Chelsea may have bettered it or equalled it since.

There's not many better sides that NUFC have come up against in the 25 years i've watched them as good as the Man Utd team of the last few seasons.

The Monaco side with the young Henry and Trezegeut was a tremendous team as well.

Guest firetotheworks

That reminds me, best individual performance youve seen? Pires for Metz against us goes down as one of biggest one man piss takes I've ever seen.

That reminds me, best individual performance youve seen? Pires for Metz against us goes down as one of biggest one man piss takes I've ever seen.

I thought Henry was outstanding for Monaco at SJP as well that same season.

rep....bastia.

loads of goalkeeping performances from our time in the 2nd division. bob bolder and nigel batch in particular.

Michael Owen's hand rubbing hattrick was pretty special at SJP