Those non-fans - who are they?

Neil

So once again, it seems for the FA Cup final, around 35,000 of the 90,000 tickets are going to people other than Everton and Chelsea fans.

My question is simple, and probably not very new. Who are these people, and how on earth can the FA justify giving so many tickets to so many non-supporters?

for once fa may not be at fault on this one....."every football club in the country who is registered with the FA - going down to a fairly low level of non-league football."

I recall talking to customer from warrington, who ran a football team for some boyscout league, had done for 25+ years.  HE got an invite to fa cup final, dunno which year.

AM sure there is plenty of corporate swine feeding happens at facup, but some of it is actual grass roots support.

There was a twat in the 70s who ran the FA called Ted Croker - I remember him being quoted as saying "It's the FA's final not the two clubs'".

My Dad got a ticket in 52 via his football club (raffled) but I'll bet this is also the source of the touts tickets - I noticed how in 98 and 99 most of the stand to our left opposite the royal box was "red" - I assumed Man U and Arsenal fans knew how to play the game.

The new Wembley also has a ridiculous corporate blight.

I know some Man Utd glory hunters who got tickets through Berwick Rangers once. Berwick arent even in the FA of England but still managed to get some. Not sure if it was because they're also members of the Northumberland FA, but they certainly don't enter the FA Cup. Joke to be fair.

Guest toonlass

I know that of a club who compete in the FA Vase (not Whitley Bay btw) who get two tickets each year for the FA cup. That is way, way down the league levels.

Hangers on. My dad went to Everton - Watford final of 84 (?) through various hangers on. Its a bit of a joke like as many of the people who went to the semi now can't make it.

I also remember one of our finals speaking to two lads who had got tickets through Harper as he boarded with them when he was on loan at Huddersfield.

As mentioned above, it seems it's just becoming the FA Final, which happens to have 2 teams competing for a cup.

I just can't accept the sheer number of people who go to the 2 respective clubs' games regularly, who are avid fans, and who are not going to be able to the final due to the pathetic allocation.

I've got no problem with a few thousand going on FA grounds, grass-roots stuff or whatever it is. Nearly half the capacity is just ludicrous, and IMO seriously dampens the atmosphere.

Got a mate who's got the 10 year season ticket thing. To be fair to him he does go to all the events and is a big football fan. I agree that its far too many corporate. Haven't been yet, mainly waiting for us to be there but not sure when that might be.