Nacho's (not) back

Skirge

Well I say back that sort of implies we have had him in some way..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/22/nacho-to-speed-to-al-s-rescue-72703-23443924/

Nacho Gonzalez may help NUFC survival attempt

Apr 22 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United’s forgotten man Nacho Gonzalez could yet play a part in Alan Shearer’s Toon survival bid.

The midfielder could probably walk down Northumberland Street unrecognised after making just two appearances in a black and white shirt since arriving on a year long loan from Valencia.

Ironically the man whose arrival, along with £5.7m striker Xisco, triggered Kevin Keegan’s departure in September after Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez oversaw their transfers, could yet contribute to Newcastle’s fight against relegation.

The frustrated Uruguay international has been plagued by an Achilles injury throughout the season and played minimal roles in the defeats against Hull City and West Ham in September.

Yet the crucial clash with Portsmouth will come too soon for the man on loan from the Mestalla.

United coach Iain Dowie told the Chronicle: “Nacho has had an Achilles problem for a while.

“He’s back and he’s been training with me for three or four days.

“He was in full training and then had a rest.

“He will fully train again on Thursday and then we will look at giving him a game in the reserves at Liverpool next week.”

Toon boss Alan Shearer has already bemoaned a “lack of creativity” following the 1-0 loss at Tottenham Hotspur and there is every chance that Gonzalez – who has played just 38 minutes this term – will get his chance in the crucial run-in.

Guest Phil K

Has he ever played ?

Apart from the odd substitution that is

That said, could he be any worse than what is already there ?

His former club must be laughing their socks off.

We've paid for yet another sick note waving injury prone waste of space

Has he ever played ?

Apart from the odd substitution that is

That said, could he be any worse than what is already there ?

His former club must be laughing their socks off.

We've paid for yet another sick note waving injury prone waste of space

He's on loan, surely? Or do you mean his wages?

Sums up our season that we have had two central midfielders who could have given us another option in Barton and Nacho but they have missed the whole campaign through injury. Now they are close to return they might be just too late.

Remember when Anal Oliver used to cut and paste from here into the local rag?

It looks like Lee Ryder has also been browsing on here

The only member of our first team squad who I wouldn't notice if I walked by him on the street.

I honestly have no idea what the bloke looks like.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,55534.600.html

Lee Ryder wrote:

The midfielder could probably walk down Northumberland Street unrecognised after making just two appearances in a black and white shirt since arriving on a year long loan from Valencia.

:dowie:

Him and Xisco are just brilliant signings.

Him and Xisco are both victims of circumstance.

This.  I wish they both would've been fit the whole season and we had proper managers that would/knew how to play them.

Guest Mantis

Even Al's giving a chance to Ameobi, Carroll & Ranger. He hasnt even mentioned Xisco. So he's clearly not doing something right.

Party Boy is anything but a 'victim'.  Doubt he's losing any sleep whatsoever.

Guest Mantis

I reckon Xisco has slept with Ashley's daughter and so is allowed no-where near the first team.

Did you mean son?

Guest toonlass

I reckon Xisco has slept with Ashley's daughter and so is allowed no-where near the first team.

Did you mean son?

Probably both tbh