NUFC Goal of the Season?

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

I've been inspired by a post in the Reserve game thread here, but what is our goal of the season so far?

I've got to say I'm struggling.............Guthrie at Portsmouth maybe?

Christ, what an utterly dismal season it's been.

Duff versus Spurs for me. Wasn't spectacular but loved the way Viduka held off the centre-back, saw Duff's run, perfect back heel, and great finish from Duff.

Actually very good shout. Martins vs Wigan would have walked if it had been the winner in that match. We fucked it up though.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Shola's versus Man City. The way he made the ball spin up and loop over the bewildered Joe Hart was a thing of beauty.

To be fair I think Shola was just as bewildered as Hart was :lol:

Although not the best technical goal, the favourite has to be Martins against Man Utd - yes, that was this season.

Fifteen minutes into our first game of the season, Keegan in charge, one - nil up at Old Trafford, on our way to 4 points in two games. Happy times.

Little did we know as that ball hit the back of the net that in 8 months time we will have had 4 managers in the season, there would have been an unsuccessful attempt to sell the club, and we would be odds on certainties to go down with only 5 games left.

If that is depressing, then just think that it can turn around the other way just as quickly - see Fulham, Everton in recent years etc.

Duff vs Spurs.

Favorite almost goal was Martins v Pompey.

edit: Was Charlie's goal v Boro this season?

Last season, that was a cracker.

Viduka scored a brilliant one in the same game.