37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

any truth in that you can stick a fork in us 'cause we'll be done

It not just here and I wonder if people are falling out of love with football a little bit.

It not just here and I wonder if people are falling out of love with football a little bit.

definately, only thing that's galvanised me this season is shearer - i was utterly despondent before he came in

i have blind faith he's gonna be some shining light of honesty at the club and will restore our pride if nothing else, if he turns out to be another clueless arsehole giving contracts to the duffs and smiths of this world i'll be devastated

At Newcastle people don't get to see much football anyway, hardly surprising they are thinking twice about stumping up hard earned cash for the privelege of watching a bunch of second rate cloggers massacre the game.

i reckon season ticket sales will drop across the board this season with match day tickets being taken if teams are any good

the faithful will always be around but there'll always be flotsam& jetsam that go up and down with the times

especially times like these

Not really, we'd certainly suffer from a huge drop in revenue but we're in a far better position than 3/4 of the Premiership as we do have an owner (currently) willing to bankroll the club.

West Ham (37%) & Portsmouth (31%) would certainly suffer with a drop in revenue of that amount since both are already experiencing financial problems with no new funding likely to appear any time soon.

The biggest impact for us is likely to be the impact the drop in revenue has on other team's transfer spending.  We're relying on buyers coming in for much of the dead wood here.

Not really, we'd certainly suffer from a huge drop in revenue but we're in a far better position than 3/4 of the Premiership as we do have an owner (currently) willing to bankroll the club.

West Ham (37%) & Portsmouth (31%) would certainly suffer with a drop in revenue of that amount since both are already experiencing financial problems with no new funding likely to appear any time soon.

The biggest impact for us is likely to be the impact the drop in revenue has on other team's transfer spending.  We're relying on buyers coming in for much of the dead wood here.

i meant if we went down primarily

as i said later even if 37% don't renew that doesn't mean we'll be 37% down on gates, just more matchday stuff will be sold

as an average they have asked about 194 fans from each club, which is just over 0.5% of season ticket holders(if it was season ticket holders they asked).

I would take their research with a pinch of salt, personally.

You need to read about statistics, that's more than enough to provide an reasonably accurate stat.

Probably about right unless something spectacular happens in the summer. Stumping up £600 is difficult to justify in current times, especially since you can purchase tickets for just about any game on a match by match basis.

If the club give it some thought they would realise they need to incentivise people to show that level of commitment. All season ticket holders should get the "Membership" privileges i.e. the monthly magazines. Season ticket holders should get some sort of incentive to drink at the ground - cheaper beer or pies. They could even throw in some free league cup tickets. I'm sure that these measures would in real terms cost the club very little, and the additional revenue they get from the season tickets and more people attending the cup games would go some way to compensate it.

Clubs need to lose the attitude that they don't have to complete for supporters cash. We're not going to go and support another team, but we might go and spend our £600 on something non-football related.

as an average they have asked about 194 fans from each club, which is just over 0.5% of season ticket holders(if it was season ticket holders they asked).

37% would be about 14000, giving us crowds in the mid 30ks, i rekon thats about right if we drop.

Guest Ebolarama

Are you proposing they ask every season ticket holder? Do you think when they "poll the nation" they ask everyone in the country? Polls are always representative, using percentages of the total target group asked.

Not completely unrelated, and quite indicative of the times at SJP.....

I've just got my tickets for the Fulham game (gave up the ST this year, costing too much to travel). I rang up to buy two tickets, but claim one as free - I had taken advantage of the 'get a friend to sign up to the membership scheme, and you'll get a free ticket' offer. Expecting there to be the usual faffing and problems with computer systems to cheat me out of the freebie, I was actually told I could have BOTH tickets free. The tickets haven't gone on sale to the public yet, and this could potentially be our last home game in the Premiership for who knows how long. In fact, our survival could yet hinge on it. And they're already giving seats away.

Am I being overly cynical in seeing this as a negative thing, and an ongoing worry for ticket and match-day revenue for the forseeable?

I sound like a right ungrateful bastard, don't I?

Guest toonlass

If 37% don't renew then I will be waving bye-bye happily to them. Sod off. Don't bother coming back. Its about time you all went anyway.

At our club I don't even think the prices would stop us filling the ground, but there needs to be something to watch. Get a few decent players in who can actually run and pass, score a few goals now and then...is it really too much to ask?

If 37% don't renew then I will be waving bye-bye happily to them. Sod off. Don't bother coming back. Its about time you all went anyway.

and why is this?  with that attitude you arent even supporting the club.

Guest toonlass

I beg to differ, I go, I chant, I sing. I pay my money for my season ticket. I go to the away games. I think that classes me as a supporter.

There are too many people in St James' Park who sit on their arses, moaning, whinging, leaving early, disappearing for 10 minutes either side of half time to drink at the bar. The football just gets in the way of their drinking session. Good riddence to them I say. I just wish it would bring down the ticket prices so that people who really wanted to go and support their team could afford it, but that isn't going to happen.

I beg to differ, I go, I chant, I sing. I pay my money for my season ticket. I go to the away games. I think that classes me as a supporter.

There are too many people in St James' Park who sit on their arses, moaning, whinging, leaving early, disappearing for 10 minutes either side of half time to drink at the bar. The football just gets in the way of their drinking session. Good riddence to them I say. I just wish it would bring down the ticket prices so that people who really wanted to go and support their team could afford it, but that isn't going to happen.

I meant that you don't support the clubs aim of getting as much season tickets as possible.   

If i said i hope Sunderland next year have 20,000 less season tickets than this season, i would be saying it as i want them to fail, have less financial security, re-think transfer plans. 

But hearing a Newcastle fan say they don't want 40% of their own crowd - is just damaging to the clubs aim, despite your issues with them they are helping the club.  I dont understand why you will rather see them disappear.  Every club has moaning fans they paid their money they are entitled to moan, leave early.