37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest toonlass

If 37% don't renew then I will be waving bye-bye happily to them. Sod off. Don't bother coming back. Its about time you all went anyway.

and why is this?  with that attitude you arent even supporting the club.

I beg to differ, I go, I chant, I sing. I pay my money for my season ticket. I go to the away games. I think that classes me as a supporter.

There are too many people in St James' Park who sit on their arses, moaning, whinging, leaving early, disappearing for 10 minutes either side of half time to drink at the bar. The football just gets in the way of their drinking session. Good riddence to them I say. I just wish it would bring down the ticket prices so that people who really wanted to go and support their team could afford it, but that isn't going to happen.

I meant that you dont support the clubs aim of getting as much season tickets as a fan. 

If i said i hope Sunderland next year have 20,000 less season tickets than this season, i would be saying it as i want them to fail, have less financial security, re-think transfer plans.

But hearing a newcastle fan say they dont want 40% of their own crowd, is just damaging to the clubs aim, despite your issues with them.  Which dont understand.  The greater good, is a full stadium.  They paid their money they are entitled to moan, leave early.

That may be your opinion, but it kills the atmosphere in the stadium. I would prefer to have a hardcore of genuine passionate supporters, than a bunch of bandwaggon jumping idiots who use their season ticket as a kind of status symbol. They may pay their money, but why bother paying it if they are going to sit there tutting at any fans trying to get an atmosphere going, trying to back the team, they might as well not be there.

It not just here and I wonder if people are falling out of love with football a little bit.

Honesty has been defeated by mediocrity.

The enjoyment/conversation of the working class has been turned into a charade, a scam, a lie. sold back ten fold, empty of any soul, any life, any truth.

there is a field of puppets playing the game we love out there, payed in money we give up like religious fanatics.

I'm alot more likely to get a season ticket if we go down tbh... if we stay up, I'm alot less inclined to do so.

Otherwise, I tend to go to matches where I believe there is gonna be a shite turnout (ala Pompey on Monday).

Guest fading star

If 37% don't renew then I will be waving bye-bye happily to them. Sod off. Don't bother coming back. Its about time you all went anyway.

I beg to differ, I go, I chant, I sing. I pay my money for my season ticket. I go to the away games. I think that classes me as a supporter.

There are too many people in St James' Park who sit on their arses, moaning, whinging, leaving early, disappearing for 10 minutes either side of half time to drink at the bar. The football just gets in the way of their drinking session. Good riddence to them I say. I just wish it would bring down the ticket prices so that people who really wanted to go and support their team could afford it, but that isn't going to happen.

Having a season ticket doesn’t make you a supporter. It just means you have a season ticket.

There are far too many whingers in SJP, that's true. But the reality is that you will never fill a stadium of that size with hardcore fans, if you want a decent capacity you will have to carry the casual ones too.

That's why it's stupid to judge teams on how many tickets they sell.

Well I've made the decision today that I'm definitely, definitely renewing. The only thing that was going to stop me would be money, but fuck it, I'm definitely going to do it. Just been sorting through some old stuff at my mam's and the amount of Newcastle-related stuff was unreal - match tickets, old season ticket books, programmes, scarves, shirts - and I couldn't bring myself to bin any of it. I love my club. :smitten: :smitten:

Guest toonlass

Having a season ticket doesn’t make you a supporter. It just means you have a season ticket.

Of course it doesn't and that is my point. There are far too many people with season tickets who spoil the atmosphere at St James. I would happily have the stadium filled with people who couldn't afford a season ticket but sang and chanted and gave a noticable backing to the team. It just so happens that the majority inside St James on a match day are season ticket holders.

Guest fading star

Of course it doesn't and that is my point. There are far too many people with season tickets who spoil the atmosphere at St James. I would happily have the stadium filled with people who couldn't afford a season ticket but sang and chanted and gave a noticable backing to the team. It just so happens that the majority inside St James on a match day are season ticket holders.

You assumed those not renewing were the kind of supporters who spend most the match txt messaging and then sod off ten minutes before the end. It was sweeping statement that suggests bigging yourself up was what mattered to you most.

Guest fading star

Well I've made the decision today that I'm definitely, definitely renewing. The only thing that was going to stop me would be money, but f*** it, I'm definitely going to do it. Just been sorting through some old stuff at my mam's and the amount of Newcastle-related stuff was unreal - match tickets, old season ticket books, programmes, scarves, shirts - and I couldn't bring myself to bin any of it. I love my club. :smitten: :smitten:

I love my club as well, which is why I decided not to renew in October.

Guest Ebolarama

TBH if you don't put yourself in crippling amounts of debt to pay for a season ticket, you're totally not a fan.

And with that, I'm off to support Torquay.

Guest toonlass

You assumed those not renewing were the kind of supporters who spend most the match txt messaging and then sod off ten minutes before the end. It was sweeping statement that suggests bigging yourself up was what mattered to you most.

Bollocks was it. You just assume that. You want to walk away from Newcastle United then go ahead, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. I don't care who owns Newcastle United tbh, as long as there is a team who plays in Black and White stripes at the bottom of Barrack Road I will be there supporting them.

Guest fading star

OK. Hands up who is renewing next season but walked out on SBR against Wolves?

It’s one of life great mysteries. 45,000 supporters buggered off yet you never meet anyone who didn’t stay back to show there appreciation for a fifth place finish.

Guest toonlass

TBH if you don't put yourself in crippling amounts of debt to pay for a season ticket, you're totally not a fan.

And with that, I'm off to support Torquay.

You may have misunderstood me. What I mean is, that of course not having a season ticket doesn't mean you are not a supporter. There are millions of Newcastle United supporters who would love to go to the games but have been priced out, or who live too far away. That's not their fault. But SOME season ticket holders don't appreciate what they have and see the game as an interuption to their drinking time, or a chance to boo and tut at the players and the supporters who choose to sing their heads off. I won't miss any supporter who walks away, and just wish more people who would love to have a chance to see Newcastle play, and who would get right behind their team, could get the opportunity.

Guest fading star

Bollocks was it. You just assume that. You want to walk away from Newcastle United then go ahead, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. I don't care who owns Newcastle United tbh, as long as there is a team who plays in Black and White stripes at the bottom of Barrack Road I will be there supporting them.

There you again. Not renewing isn’t the same thing as walking away. You’re too busy going about what a great supporter you are to engage your brain.

Guest toonlass

There you again. Not renewing isn’t the same thing as walking away. You’re too busy going about what a great supporter you are to engage your brain.

By walking away you are removing your "support" to the team. Financially, vocally, actually being there when you could have a chance to be. Your decision. There is a difference between being an armchair fan because you have decided to walk away, and not being able to attend because you can't afford it/can't get to the games. You have a season ticket, you aren't going to renew just to spite Ashley (I presume, I am sorry if I am wrong but that is the indication you give). You do realise you are cutting your nose off to spite your face don't you?

And yes I was at the Newcastle/Wolves game, and no I didn't leave early. Did you?

Guest fading star

I’m not interested in discussing why I’m not renewing my with you. Suffice to say you’re way off the mark and need to get your head out of your arse.

Guest Ebolarama

By walking away you are removing your "support" to the team. Financially, vocally, actually being there when you could have a chance to be. Your decision. There is a difference between being an armchair fan because you have decided to walk away, and not being able to attend because you can't afford it/can't get to the games. You have a season ticket, you aren't going to renew just to spite Ashley (I presume, I am sorry if I am wrong but that is the indication you give). You do realise you are cutting your nose off to spite your face don't you?

And yes I was at the Newcastle/Wolves game, and no I didn't leave early. Did you?

Hahahahaha, "armchair fan". Are you 16?

Guest getalife

The EPL should create season tickets available for people who live abroad. Immaculate online streaming of every game of the given club for which you pay. It won't affect the revenue in England and they would make a fckn fortune. Surely the only clauses against doing this are stipulated by the EPL themselves........

Guest toonlass

I’m not interested in discussing why I’m not renewing my with you. Suffice to say you’re way off the mark and need to get your head out of your arse.

Sounds like the truth hurts tbh

Erm, there are many more important than football that a person could spend the money on, especially in these uncertain times. I love NUFC but NUFC doesn't pay my bills or feed my young family but £600-800 does help.

Guest toonlass

Erm, there are many more important than football that a person could spend the money on, especially in these uncertain times. I love NUFC but NUFC doesn't pay my bills or feed my young family but £600-800 does help.

Of course there is, and there is a difference between having to give your ticket up for financial reasons, and chosing to walk away to "boycoutt" Mike Ashley. I have every sympathy for the fan who can no longer afford their ticket. But for the one's who think that the way forward with Newcastle United is to withdraw their financial and physical support good riddence tbh.

Of course there is, and there is a difference between having to give your ticket up for financial reasons, and chosing to walk away to "boycoutt" Mike Ashley. I have every sympathy for the fan who can no longer afford their ticket. But for the one's who think that the way forward with Newcastle United is to withdraw their financial and physical support good riddence tbh.

There are people I know who spent years telling me that I was daft supporting that rubbish, all pre-1992. They will be the people first off this bandwagon, attracted back to the club by the ambition and the "trophy players" brought in by the despicable fat bastard and his mates. They aren't supporters. They had season tickets though, referring to the earlier comment by Fading Star.

There will also be a few people who might boycott the club with a view to the greater good, while I won't do this myself I do understand their thought and I would say their actions are also those of genuine supporters of the club.

Then there are supporters who will continue going, who are also supporters, for now. My guess is that if we continue being run in the manner of the last 2 years, but will disappear over time due to the cumulative effect of disillusionment of real shit and mediocrity, nothing like the mid table positions of the last few years which is huge success in comparison.

You are also just bigging yourself up BTW, just like fading star said.

Mike Ashley has been an utter fool. For the sake of backing a good manager to the tune of about 20m quid and owning a club pushing for a place in europe, filling the ground, and re-igniting enthusiasm of a club going forward, [ie like a good board would attempt to do and has done in the past as much as it were possible] he is standing to lose millions. Unfortunately, he is dragging the real supporters of the club with him.

Guest toonlass

There are people I know who spent years telling me that I was daft supporting that rubbish, all pre-1992. They will be the people first off this bandwagon, attracted back to the club by the ambition and the "trophy players" brought in by the despicable fat bastard and his mates. They aren't supporters. They had season tickets though, referring to the earlier comment by Fading Star.

There will also be a few people who might boycott the club with a view to the greater good, while I won't do this myself I do understand their thought and I would say their actions are also those of genuine supporters of the club.

Then there are supporters who will continue going, who are also supporters, for now. My guess is that if we continue being run in the manner of the last 2 years, but will disappear over time due to the cumulative effect of disollusionment of real shit and mediocrity, nothing like the mid table positions of the last few years which is huge success in comparison.

You are also just bigging yourself up BTW, just like fading star said.

No I wasn't. Dcmk reckoned I wasn't a supporter and I was pointing out that I am, and how I am. I don't need to big myself up, I know that I support the team whatever.