37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

I wonder what the stats are on people cancelling Sky. That's where most of the money comes from, and you'd think in hard times it's one of the first things people decide they can do without.

There's no doubt that attendances will fall generally.

I have still got Sky but cancelled Sky Sports.

What made me do it was.....

I think that when Man City tried to sign Kaka for a ridiculous fee was a final straw when it comes to football in general for more than a few fans..

Aye, I meant Sky Sports like. I doubt it's changed from when I signed up when the sports package made up about 80% of the monthly cost.

load of bollocks and excuses being spouted here like.

Well why don't you piss off back to the other thread you've ruined? :thup:

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ? Or haven't got the balls to admit they were wrong when they have disagreed with me all this time.

Guest Heneage

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ?

With all due respect, every argument you start nigh on in relation to this club is about Ashley. Do you never blame the 11 men that cross the white line or those that have told them what to do?

It is not entirely his fault.

Aye, I meant Sky Sports like. I doubt it's changed from when I signed up when the sports package made up about 80% of the monthly cost.

We still have all the other packages and channels and I think it only really came down about £9.00 a month for us but I did it as a matter of principle.

The missus was staggered at my decision

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ?

With all due respect, every argument you start nigh on in relation to this club is about Ashley. Do you never blame the 11 men that cross the white line or those that have told them what to do?

It is not entirely his fault.

I've made many posts blaming the players when they are too blame. I made one recently to blefuscu, but she strangely didn't seem to want to agree.

Basically, I blame the players for not winning an FA Cup, League Cup, when the ones at the club were good enough to do it courtesy of the board at the time supplying their managers with the means to put together such a team. However, if the board at a football club doesn't allow their managers the tools to put together such a quality side, then it is clealy the board/owners fault and not the players if they aren't good enough in the first place.

And if the quality of the side is so bad we are relegated due to not backing managers, it is clearly only one person to blame for that too.

As I said earlier, a significant shortfall in season ticket sales will be for one reason only. The shambolic handling and running of the club. Nothing to do with the recession or anything else. If this club was competing for a place in europe again, the crowds would be renewing their tickets again.

Guest Brummiemag

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ? Or haven't got the balls to admit they were wrong when they have disagreed with me all this time.

Whats this other message board that the Ashley apologists have set up?

I wondered why all the Ashley defenders had gone quiet, I thought it was because the penny had finally dropped and they had realised at last that the bloke has been an absolute disaster for Newcastle, he's set us back years and thanks to him we probably won't be challenging for a decade or more. No wonder a lot of fans are not renewing   

We still have all the other packages and channels and I think it only really came down about £9.00 a month for us but I did it as a matter of principle.

The missus was staggered at my decision

Really? ???

Like I said, it's years since I looked but for me it was like £15 without sports and £48 with or something. They know that's what everyone wants. :-[

I wondered why all the Ashley defenders had gone quiet, I thought it was because the penny had finally dropped and they had realised at last that the bloke has been an absolute disaster for Newcastle, he's set us back years and thanks to him we probably won't be challenging for a decade or more. No wonder a lot of fans are not renewing     

yep, they hadn't saw sense at all, or weren't going to admit it anyway

:lol:

Really? ???

Like I said, it's years since I looked but for me it was like £15 without sports and £48 with or something. They know that's what everyone wants. :-[

Aye. I think its because we kept the movies though.

But youre definitely right. Sports (mainly football) is probably the reason most people get the thing installed

Guest Heneage

The plan was right the execution was poor.

where as in the spring of 2007, with allardyce in charge, us paying money to our sponsers, the debts rising and struggling to pay the day to day bills, i sensed an assault in the top 4 was just around the corner.

The reason our season tickets is going to drop is down to one thing and one thing only. Mike Ashleys shambolic running of the club since he took it over.

It was being run shambolically before he took over as well otherwise we'd have been making profits as a club every season I would think.

The reason our season tickets is going to drop is down to one thing and one thing only. Mike Ashleys shambolic running of the club since he took it over.

It was being run shambolically before he took over as well otherwise we'd have been making profits as a club every season I would think.

not necessarily, however the club would have been progressing on the pitch and not struggling off it.

rubbish. The ticket sales tell you that you are wrong.

ah, but so many people said they didn't have a "plan", [other than buying the best quality players possible to the club which resulted in regular european qualification] unlike Ashley who presumably did, which we are now 2 years into.

Only 4 clubs "executed" this policy better than we did during their time in charge of the club. How does that grab you ?

Guest optimistic nit

ashley hasn't set us back any further than shepheard has. its been a catalog of errors from our board over the last 5 years.

Guest Heneage

ah, but so many people said they didn't have a "plan", [other than buying the best quality players possible to the club which resulted in regular european qualification] unlike Ashley who presumably did, which we are now 2 years into.

Only 4 clubs "executed" this policy better than we did during their time in charge of the club. How does that grab you ?

It grabs me that you clearly weren't listening to the brief that was the New NUFC.

The idea was we work in the similar ilk of Arsenal, we ditch the old method of "Oh he looks good here's £10m and 60 k a week." Our best period in recent years, was when built on a foundation of talented youth, the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, and complimented them with more experienced professionals that kept the young heads in check.

Ashley's plan in my opinion was to re-build this, look at the acquisition of Bassong, a young talent, then you have Colocinni an older head, see the thinking? Wise was brought in to get the club young talent so that we could improve a poor academy that has only produced one player of any note recently. In Baheng, Soderberg, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger, Vukic, Adijer, we have a good group of exciting prospects from around the world that could potentially be first team quality especially Kadar all for a minimal outlay.

He assembled a good team of deal men that would make sure the club had no more debacles like the Luque 75k a week fiasco. And all was going well, we had a good formation, were scoring goals, new signing Jonas looked like he was going to be quality, and in his first game Colocinni looked assured and like a real buy. But for whatever reasons Keegan left.

If Shepherd was still here we might not even exist, his heart was in the right place, sadly this is a business.

The problem with the 'plan' that Ashley brought in was that aswell as buying young talent for the future  he took the eye off the current squad and has failed to invest in a team that was flirting with relegation for the previous two seasons.

Freddie Shepherd mad two massive errors that finished his reign off - hiring Souness and then giving him 50 million pounds that the club didn't have to spend on 'proper' players.

Guest toonlass

It grabs me that you clearly weren't listening to the brief that was the New NUFC.

The idea was we work in the similar ilk of Arsenal, we ditch the old method of "Oh he looks good here's £10m and 60 k a week." Our best period in recent years, was when built on a foundation of talented youth, the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, and complimented them with more experienced professionals that kept the young heads in check.

Ashley's plan in my opinion was to re-build this, look at the acquisition of Bassong, a young talent, then you have Colocinni an older head, see the thinking? Wise was brought in to get the club young talent so that we could improve a poor academy that has only produced one player of any note recently. In Baheng, Soderberg, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger, Vukic, Adijer, we have a good group of exciting prospects from around the world that could potentially be first team quality especially Kadar all for a minimal outlay.

He assembled a good team of deal men that would make sure the club had no more debacles like the Luque 75k a week fiasco. And all was going well, we had a good formation, were scoring goals, new signing Jonas looked like he was going to be quality, and in his first game Colocinni looked assured and like a real buy. But for whatever reasons Keegan left.

If Shepherd was still here we might not even exist, his heart was in the right place, sadly this is a business.

:clap: