37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

The problem with the 'plan' that Ashley brought in was that aswell as buying young talent for the future  he took the eye off the current squad and has failed to invest in a team that was flirting with relegation for the previous two seasons.

Freddie Shepherd mad two massive errors that finished his reign off - hiring Souness and then giving him 50 million pounds that the club didn't have to spend on 'proper' players.

the post to end all other posts surely?  :clap:

Guest toonlass

The problem with the 'plan' that Ashley brought in was that aswell as buying young talent for the future  he took the eye off the current squad and has failed to invest in a team that was flirting with relegation for the previous two seasons.

Freddie Shepherd mad two massive errors that finished his reign off - hiring Souness and then giving him 50 million pounds that the club didn't have to spend on 'proper' players.

:clap:

load of bollocks and excuses being spouted here like.

Well why don't you piss off back to the other thread you've ruined? :thup:

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ? Or haven't got the balls to admit they were wrong when they have disagreed with me all this time.

Whats this other message board that the Ashley apologists have set up?

I wondered why all the Ashley defenders had gone quiet, I thought it was because the penny had finally dropped and they had realised at last that the bloke has been an absolute disaster for Newcastle, he's set us back years and thanks to him we probably won't be challenging for a decade or more. No wonder a lot of fans are not renewing     

yep, they hadn't saw sense at all, or weren't going to admit it anyway

:lol:

The plan was right the execution was poor.

ah, but so many people said they didn't have a "plan", [other than buying the best quality players possible to the club which resulted in regular european qualification] unlike Ashley who presumably did, which we are now 2 years into.

Only 4 clubs "executed" this policy better than we did during their time in charge of the club. How does that grab you ?

alternativly buying and paying those players with money we didn't have and are struggling to pay back which resulted in the club going backwards on the pitch.

the difference between us and leeds for a while was that we didn't need euro qualification, the club budgeted without it. by the end of fred's tenure that didn't seem to be the case.

Guest Milburnthedog

Whatever the reasons for the demise of our Club the decision I'll be taking at the end of this season may be very painful indeed. I can only imagine it's like trying to decide on whether to cheat on your Mrs! Having been a regular since getting a season ticket in 1975 and going to all the rubbish matches, interspersed with the few great ones, I have the feeling that to enforce some kind of change may mean not renewing. A decision like that will break my heart.

If I don't renew its not because I'm no longer a fan, a lifelong fan, it's simply because seeing my Club being raped by a few who call themselves owners, directors and footballers has made me decide wheter to send them a hard earned cheque this time. Yesterday I took my dog for a wander down Jesmond Dene. As I walked alongside the road about to cross in to the Dene, I heard the 'boom boom' sound coming from a very loud car music system which made me stop. There in his white Audi with windows down was our Spiderman, who was bopping along to the music and smiling and waving to anyone who looked in his direction. A man who as an attacking midfielder has created little and scored nowt was playing the 'look at me' card. A member of a team that's won 6 games all season (2 of those against the bottom team) was bigging it up like he was something special. In his position in real life (like the one we're all in) if your employment was under threat because you'd not performed, you'd be crapping bricks not playing the look at me Im a superstar role. They get paid regardless of performance, unlike us.

Ashley, despite his getting the message speech after KK left, obviously has not. He refuses to speak to anyone, including the fans and has appointed Llambias to run things who also seems to have such an air of arrogance around him that he feels untouchable. A profit on transfers has been achieved by Ashley in every transfer window since he came, trying to recoup some sort of profit and asking for an amount to sell the club which was crazy. Promises to KK and to us, the supporters have not been upheld. I feel betrayed, I feel robbed and badly let down. I can see more trouble ahead. If we go down, Big Al may leave and let Kinnear back in. Joe Kinnear, how far have we fallen to allow such a person Manage Newcastle United? The alternative may become worse. We stay up Ashley sells the better players and takes the cash (track record of doing this) then Big Al walks out KK style stating the brochure had been altered once again and we spend next season in relegation mire with Ashley trying to sell for as much as possible as quick as possible etc etc.

Its a mess and I for one want to try to force something to happen. By perhaps not giving Ashley my money up front, he may get the message and sell up at a reasonable price to someone who will invest in us. That may not happen either, who knows but its not in my nature to sit and watch us sink. Don't get me wrong, I may go match to match regardless as my principles cave in on a Saturday afternoon but be not giving Ashley my cash up front, we may make a difference.

Whatever the reasons for the demise of our Club the decision I'll be taking at the end of this season may be very painful indeed. I can only imagine it's like trying to decide on whether to cheat on your Mrs! Having been a regular since getting a season ticket in 1975 and going to all the rubbish matches, interspersed with the few great ones, I have the feeling that to enforce some kind of change may mean not renewing. A decision like that will break my heart.

If I don't renew its not because I'm no longer a fan, a lifelong fan, it's simply because seeing my Club being raped by a few who call themselves owners, directors and footballers has made me decide wheter to send them a hard earned cheque this time. Yesterday I took my dog for a wander down Jesmond Dene. As I walked alongside the road about to cross in to the Dene, I heard the 'boom boom' sound coming from a very loud car music system which made me stop. There in his white Audi with windows down was our Spiderman, who was bopping along to the music and smiling and waving to anyone who looked in his direction. A man who as an attacking midfielder has created little and scored nowt was playing the 'look at me' card. A member of a team that's won 6 games all season (2 of those against the bottom team) was bigging it up like he was something special. In his position in real life (like the one we're all in) if your employment was under threat because you'd not performed, you'd be crapping bricks not playing the look at me Im a superstar role. They get paid regardless of performance, unlike us.

Ashley, despite his getting the message speech after KK left, obviously has not. He refuses to speak to anyone, including the fans and has appointed Llambias to run things who also seems to have such an air of arrogance around him that he feels untouchable. A profit on transfers has been achieved by Ashley in every transfer window since he came, trying to recoup some sort of profit and asking for an amount to sell the club which was crazy. Promises to KK and to us, the supporters have not been upheld. I feel betrayed, I feel robbed and badly let down. I can see more trouble ahead. If we go down, Big Al may leave and let Kinnear back in. Joe Kinnear, how far have we fallen to allow such a person Manage Newcastle United? The alternative may become worse. We stay up Ashley sells the better players and takes the cash (track record of doing this) then Big Al walks out KK style stating the brochure had been altered once again and we spend next season in relegation mire with Ashley trying to sell for as much as possible as quick as possible etc etc.

Its a mess and I for one want to try to force something to happen. By perhaps not giving Ashley my money up front, he may get the message and sell up at a reasonable price to someone who will invest in us. That may not happen either, who knows but its not in my nature to sit and watch us sink. Don't get me wrong, I may go match to match regardless as my principles cave in on a Saturday afternoon but be not giving Ashley my cash up front, we may make a difference.

good post & i agree with a lot of it

the spiderman thing though; had it been shola, duff, barton or someone i'd be right there with you but no-one has worked harder than spidey this season, he's worked his fucking bollocks off man and fine he's produced little on the pitch but i couldn't bring myself to hate him for perhaps enjoying his life in Newcastle you know?  would make a refreshing change to a lot of the foreign players we've had in the past

there are plenty of players who deserve slating before spidey, but i realise it's a wider point you're making

Guest Milburnthedog

I'm paid on results at work. My job is to create revenue and prevent cancellations. These are all targeted with £'s allocated to each KPI. If I don't deliver, I don't get paid, if I continue not to deliver I lose my job. If I turn up for work every day with a big smile, make the tea when on my rota and do little errands for the boss it means nowt unless I hit the targets.

Jonas is an attacking midfield player, a creator. He either needs to make goals (or chances at least) or score. He does neither. Thats the hard truth, unfortunately. I'm not just picking on him, there are very few who have earned their pay at our Club. And remember their weekly pay is much bigger than most of our annual pay. There has to be accountability and those not performing need to leave asap.

I'm paid on results at work. My job is to create revenue and prevent cancellations. These are all targeted with £'s allocated to each KPI. If I don't deliver, I don't get paid, if I continue not to deliver I lose my job. If I turn up for work every day with a big smile, make the tea when on my rota and do little errands for the boss it means nowt unless I hit the targets.

Jonas is an attacking midfield player, a creator. He either needs to make goals (or chances at least) or score. He does neither. Thats the hard truth, unfortunately. I'm not just picking on him, there are very few who have earned their pay at our Club. And remember their weekly pay is much bigger than most of our annual pay. There has to be accountability and those not performing need to leave asap.

Whilst it's true that he hasn't created as many chances/goals as most of us would like, he does create space for the team to exploit.  The fact that the most of the rest of the team is pretty woeful at actually doing anything with that space can't be blamed on him.

Guest Milburnthedog

I'd love him to be good enough but he isn't. He creates little and scores fewer. Compare him to a Ginola, Robert, Gillhespie or even to Scott Sellars.......

why don't you piss off back to the other board you tried to start up with the few people left that still delude themselves about Ashley ? Or haven't got the balls to admit they were wrong when they have disagreed with me all this time.

I wondered why all the Ashley defenders had gone quiet, I thought it was because the penny had finally dropped and they had realised at last that the bloke has been an absolute disaster for Newcastle, he's set us back years and thanks to him we probably won't be challenging for a decade or more. No wonder a lot of fans are not renewing     

ah, but so many people said they didn't have a "plan", [other than buying the best quality players possible to the club which resulted in regular european qualification] unlike Ashley who presumably did, which we are now 2 years into.

Only 4 clubs "executed" this policy better than we did during their time in charge of the club. How does that grab you ?

It grabs me that you clearly weren't listening to the brief that was the New NUFC.

The idea was we work in the similar ilk of Arsenal, we ditch the old method of "Oh he looks good here's £10m and 60 k a week." Our best period in recent years, was when built on a foundation of talented youth, the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, and complimented them with more experienced professionals that kept the young heads in check.

Ashley's plan in my opinion was to re-build this, look at the acquisition of Bassong, a young talent, then you have Colocinni an older head, see the thinking? Wise was brought in to get the club young talent so that we could improve a poor academy that has only produced one player of any note recently. In Baheng, Soderberg, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger, Vukic, Adijer, we have a good group of exciting prospects from around the world that could potentially be first team quality especially Kadar all for a minimal outlay.

He assembled a good team of deal men that would make sure the club had no more debacles like the Luque 75k a week fiasco. And all was going well, we had a good formation, were scoring goals, new signing Jonas looked like he was going to be quality, and in his first game Colocinni looked assured and like a real buy. But for whatever reasons Keegan left.

If Shepherd was still here we might not even exist, his heart was in the right place, sadly this is a business.

head in the sand rubbish. Especially the bold bit.

alternativly buying and paying those players with money we didn't have and are struggling to pay back which resulted in the club going backwards on the pitch.

the difference between us and leeds for a while was that we didn't need euro qualification, the club budgeted without it. by the end of fred's tenure that didn't seem to be the case.

if you still don't get my point, and it seems you don't.

Reflect on the money Ashley has saved in the last 18 months. You should be pleased with that.

Nixon - Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas -- these players were all established first team members, vital ones too.

Jenas was Forrest's captain at a stupid age, Woodgate was fan favourite, other two established at club International under XX level.

Comparison between the new group and them is nonsense.

Can we have some sort of marking put on the title of threads that he's polluted so I don't accidentally walk into them?

are you still whinging on when someone has the temerity to point out you're wrong or something

Not sure if this counts as a bite, but exactly how much have you seen of those players? Must be quite a lot to be writing them all off already.

Not sure if this counts as a bite, but exactly how much have you seen of those players? Must be quite a lot to be writing them all off already.

I think it was more the comparison of them and Jenas and others

Guest fading star

Exactly how much has Nixon Hood seen of those players?

I dont want to start new topic but as we are discussing old players here..

What was Souness record like before the whole Bellamy incident?  I remember being ok, after that it got worse and worse.  Didn't it start ok though?

Nixon didn't compare them though. ???

Yee

It grabs me that you clearly weren't listening to the brief that was the New NUFC.

The idea was we work in the similar ilk of Arsenal, we ditch the old method of "Oh he looks good here's £10m and 60 k a week." Our best period in recent years, was when built on a foundation of talented youth, the likes of Dyer, Bellamy, Woodgate, Jenas, and complimented them with more experienced professionals that kept the young heads in check.

Ashley's plan in my opinion was to re-build this, look at the acquisition of Bassong, a young talent, then you have Colocinni an older head, see the thinking? Wise was brought in to get the club young talent so that we could improve a poor academy that has only produced one player of any note recently. In Baheng, Soderberg, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger, Vukic, Adijer, we have a good group of exciting prospects from around the world that could potentially be first team quality especially Kadar all for a minimal outlay.

He assembled a good team of deal men that would make sure the club had no more debacles like the Luque 75k a week fiasco. And all was going well, we had a good formation, were scoring goals, new signing Jonas looked like he was going to be quality, and in his first game Colocinni looked assured and like a real buy. But for whatever reasons Keegan left.

If Shepherd was still here we might not even exist, his heart was in the right place, sadly this is a business.

Exactly how much has Nixon Hood seen of those players?

No idea.

Yee

Not a direct comparison though is it? It's just a suggestion that looking to bring through younger players might have been Ashley's plan.

In any case, NE5 only highlighted the bit where Nixon claims those young players are good prospects so I'm wondering on what basis he disputes this.

For the record I've seen very little of them before I'm accused of disagreeing with him for the sake of it.

if you still don't get my point, and it seems you don't.

Reflect on the money Ashley has saved in the last 18 months. You should be pleased with that.

he hasn't saved any money. the club has continued to haemorrhage cash and he has put his hand into his pocket to make up the shortfall.

do you think we should have borrowed say, £30mill to spend on players (fees only),on top of borrowing around 20-30million to get by day to day  ?

Yee

Not a direct comparison though is it? It's just a suggestion that looking to bring through younger players might have been Ashley's plan.

In any case, NE5 only highlighted the bit where Nixon claims those young players are good prospects so I'm wondering on what basis he disputes this.

For the record I've seen very little of them before I'm accused of disagreeing with him for the sake of it.

as you seem to be pretty intent on disuputing anything, whatever your reasons, and pretty patheitic too especially as everything ive said so far about Fred, Ashley etc has been proven to be correct..........the comment by dcmak is quite valid.

llike you

I realise that some people hardly out of short pants will think that we spent decades winning trophies galore and the despicable board who did nothing other than embarrass us,  ruined everything, and did nothing other than buy trophy signings to the club will be something that numerous people will not agree with.

So what's your point ? As I'm sure that if I had made the post you have just made then you yourself would be making a bit of a fuss about it  :lol: