37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

To be fair NE5, I think Ashley has proven he's a better owner/chairman than Shepherd ever was.

Surely you can at least agree on that?

the 2nd division looms

Still. Our finances will be in good shape, and we won't be buying any trophy players and selling one of our best players to Wigan and getting a Wigan utility player in return.

Well done MIke lad, you've got the supporters truly on your side for doing such a good job.

I was taking the piss out of you mate. :lol:

Ashleyy's been a disaster, don't see how anyone can possibly argue otherwise at this point.

;D

unfortunately there are still people around who don't appreciate the Halls and Shepherd. I wonder how many more s**** owners we will have before they do.

name names.

put up or shut up.

you.

For one.

Now shut up, and start agreeing with me, because you know that I am right.

please point me in the direction (link me big boy) where i don't appreciate the good things they did. i've sid it often enough but as usual you try to make out that i think something i don't.

what are you right about ? ashley's made a hash of things ? i doubt anyone will argue with that.

how about the state the club was in when he took over ? a shambles on and off the pitch. an unsustainable financial position that even you seem to agree with (allardyce brought in to run the club on the cheap),though now freds gone we should just borrow,and if it fails borrow more (repeat ad infinitum)

more euro qualifications than blaf blah....only half the truth though isn't it,many would look at freds last decade giving 6 below half way finishes.

in short...

no one denies fred done well for a while.

he left us in the clarts

we've been going backwards (including roeders 7th) since robson left.

oh dear.

You losing your rag then ?

You don't appreciate them, because you wanted them gone, and they have gone, but you failed to understand that nobody makes good decisions all the time so failed to comprehend they remained good directors and better directors than all the possible replacement.

Like I've said before, does Shearer missing a couple of penalties make Ameobi a better replacement ?

wow the selectivity and twisting of your 'arguments' are amazing. harry frankfurt probably had you in mind.

i appreciated the good stuff and condemn them for the bad stuff.' nobody makes good decisions all the time'. wow, amazing insight,how do you do it ? maybe thats why i said i could get over souness if they hadn't compounded that mistake with roeder.

like i've said previously with your,frankly poor, shearer analogy, fred didn't miss a couple of penalties ,he played poorly for a couple of seasons and as such you have to look for a replacement.

once again "You don't appreciate them, because you wanted them gone".............laughable and probably one of your worst attempts yet.

NE5 would sooner see the club go bust and cease to exist than admit he's talking a load of bollocks. :lol:

madras better not take that lying down, it's not the way I was brought up to deal with things.

silly comment Pilko. I saw the club nearly go bust in 1991, until the Halls and Shepherd saved it as well as heading for the 3rd division. My 100 quid towards buying shares to try and save it was returned because the flotation couldn't even raise 1.25m for the club.

Slightly ironic isn't it that as soon as the Halls and Shepherd are out of the door, we are heading back there again.

Oh come on NE5, we were heading down there before Hall and Shepherd sold up. Come on, take the blinkers off.

no we weren't.

It's a silly comment by Pilko though isn't it, saying I would prefer the club to go bust. Did you see that, or is it just that you like disagreeing with me  ;D

You are joking though aren't you? The appointment of Roeder was the real start of us heading down again.

And I don't think you would want the club to go bust tbh.

we finished 7th under Roeder. This season, under Ashley, we would all settle for 17th. But we made profit on transfers, so thats alright then.

And Roeder's second season?

higher than this.

Selective memory to be honest NE5. We struggled that season too and relegation was mooted then too. Then in comes Allardyce just before Ashley took over and we could have easily gone down had a change not been made.

We were away wins at Sheff Utd & West Ham away from relegation that season. Not too sure what Shepherd had shown in his last 3 years to suggest that we'd be in a better position now with him rather than Ashley.

NE5 would sooner see the club go bust and cease to exist than admit he's talking a load of bollocks. :lol:

madras better not take that lying down, it's not the way I was brought up to deal with things.

silly comment Pilko. I saw the club nearly go bust in 1991, until the Halls and Shepherd saved it as well as heading for the 3rd division. My 100 quid towards buying shares to try and save it was returned because the flotation couldn't even raise 1.25m for the club.

Slightly ironic isn't it that as soon as the Halls and Shepherd are out of the door, we are heading back there again.

Oh come on NE5, we were heading down there before Hall and Shepherd sold up. Come on, take the blinkers off.

no we weren't.

It's a silly comment by Pilko though isn't it, saying I would prefer the club to go bust. Did you see that, or is it just that you like disagreeing with me  ;D

You are joking though aren't you? The appointment of Roeder was the real start of us heading down again.

And I don't think you would want the club to go bust tbh.

we finished 7th under Roeder. This season, under Ashley, we would all settle for 17th. But we made profit on transfers, so thats alright then.

And Roeder's second season?

higher than this.

Selective memory to be honest NE5. We struggled that season too and relegation was mooted then too. Then in comes Allardyce just before Ashley took over and we could have easily gone down had a change not been made.

We were away wins at Sheff Utd & West Ham away from relegation that season. Not too sure what Shepherd had shown in his last 3 years to suggest that we'd be in a better position now with him rather than Ashley.

we've been in free fall since robson left (and theres a case to be made it started in his last full season). on and off the pitch has been a shambles. fred started it and ashley has done little to stop it.

Guest toonlass

fuck me, religion and science are going to finish arguing before you lot. you CANT debate with NE5 about this man.

Religion and science aren't arguing anymore. Religion's mam came out and told them to pack it in, Science's mam heard her, came out and said Religion was a stuck up little git and had been picking on Science for ages now, Religion's mam called Science's mam a trollop and they are now having a screaming match on the front green. Meanwhile Religion and Science are away for a kickabout and leaving them to it.

f*** me, religion and science are going to finish arguing before you lot. you CANT debate with NE5 about this man.

Religion and science aren't arguing anymore. Religion's mam came out and told them to pack it in, Science's mam heard her, came out and said Religion was a stuck up little git and had been picking on Science for ages now, Religion's mam called Science's mam a trollop and they are now having a screaming match on the front green. Meanwhile Religion and Science are away for a kickabout and leaving them to it.

aye but it's scientology they are kicking about,weird little fucker that he is.

fuck me, religion and science are going to finish arguing before you lot. you CANT debate with NE5 about this man.

what exactly do you want to "argue" about ? Our league positions ? The fact that they transformed a club with one foot in the 3rd division and going bust into one worth between 100m - 200m quid and qualified for europe more than everybody but 4 other clubs ?

Explain.

I'm absolutely fascinated here........

f*** me, religion and science are going to finish arguing before you lot. you CANT debate with NE5 about this man.

what exactly do you want to "argue" about ? Our league positions ? The fact that they transformed a club with one foot in the 3rd division and going bust into one worth between 100m - 200m quid and qualified for europe more than everybody but 4 other clubs ?

Explain.

alternativly freds last 10 years gave 6 below half way finishes, 2 of those euro qualifications came via cup runners ups like cardiff and millwall. over freds last 3 years both everton and spurs done better and looked like doing better in the future.

the garden wasn't rosy,he'd done well previously but the gambles didn't pay off and he was in danger of losing the house.

Explain.

alternativly freds last 10 years gave 6 below half way finishes, 2 of those euro qualifications came via cup runners ups like cardiff and millwall. over freds last 3 years both everton and spurs done better and looked like doing better in the future.

the garden wasn't rosy,he'd done well previously but the gambles didn't pay off and he was in danger of losing the house.

stop arguing and cherry picking man. Even "freds" last 10 finishes are higher than where Ashley is going to leave us and where the club was before the Halls and Shepherd found us and how their predecessors did. And they understood HOW to be successful.

What's your problem with this ?

BTW, Cardiff and Millwall, is where we are heading, which is where we were before too, having adopted a similar "business plan".

Explain.

stop arguing and cherry picking man. Even "freds" last 10 finishes are higher than where Ashley is going to leave us and where the club was before the Halls and Shepherd found us and how their predecessors did. And they understood HOW to be successful.

cherry picking ? :mackems: :mackems:

stop arguing....translation......"NE5 won't answer direct questions about the way we were going or how we were going to continue the way he wants which he even admits fred wasn't going to do"

Explain.

stop arguing....translation......"NE5 won't answer direct questions about the way we were going or how we were going to continue the way he wants which he even admits fred wasn't going to do"

I'm showing you a board who understood how a big club with ambition to succeed should behave.

You don't get it.

You have insisted they are "accountable" for errors, despite overall showing themselves to be a good board. They have been held "accountable". The club is now being run "like a business", with a "plan". Be happy.

I'm tired of this. You have got what you wanted.

point proven lads, thanks

indeed. Have you looked at the league table recently ? Never mind though, its all a good business plan.

Explain.

I'm showing you a board who understood how a big club with ambition to succeed should behave.

You don't get it.

You have insisted they are "accountable" for errors, despite overall showing themselves to be a good board. They have been held "accountable". The club is now being run "like a business", with a "plan". Be happy.

please link to where this is what i wanted. i can link you to where anyone with sense legged it when they saw the accounts.

tell me back in 2007 when the previous board brought in allardyce were they going to invest the way you want or behave the way you said ie run it on a shoestring ?

indeed. Have you looked at the league table recently ? Never mind though, its all a good business plan.

i see so where was your congrats last season for finishing higher than the previous ?

why didn't you whinge at the drop form 3rd to bottom half ?

hypocrite.

Explain.

You don't get it.

please link to where this is what i wanted. i can link you to where anyone with sense legged it when they saw the accounts.

tell me back in 2007 when the previous board brought in allardyce were they going to invest the way you want or behave the way you said ie run it on a shoestring ?

I'm tired of this. At least I can admit that I was wrong about Allardyce, and I've explained what I think the thought process was behind appointing him.

i see so where was your congrats last season for finishing higher than the previous ?

why didn't you whinge at the drop form 3rd to bottom half ?

hypocrite.

no. I understand how a big club should behave. You don't.

Explain.

You don't get it.

I'm tired of this. At least I can admit that I was wrong about Allardyce, and I've explained what I think the thought process was behind appointing him.

what have i been wrong about ?

Explain.

You don't get it.

what have i been wrong about ?

your judgement of the ex board.

Guest elbee909

Continuing to argue over an unresolvable subject is little more than tiresome attention-seeking.  If people drill down to specifics the argument then expands to include "people like you thought this" etc.  When one single subject is your raison d'etre for posting then something is just wrong mentally.