Players in Jan to turn it round?

Dokko

Realistically...

Moritz Volz - £1m ... Decent, capable right-back available on the cheap. Better than Carr, but not better than Taylor. I'd have Taylor as our first choice right-back.

Sylvain Distin - £2m ... Good defender, a leader at the back which we crave for. Available on the cheap due to contract problems.

Wayne Bridge - £3m ... Top-class left-back.

David Nugent - £3m ... Rising star, i think he'll be a Darren Bent-esque hit in the Premiership, and he's been kicking ass in the Under-21s. Big fan of his.

Mark Viduka - £1m ... Not brilliant, but skill ful and a presence in the box and will knab us 7 or 8 goals.

And, if we still had the available funds, we could boot Bramble (finally), and bring in Matthew Upson for £3-4m. I'm a fan of his and always have been. He was always on the brink of the England squad... he has the capabilities to be a good Premiership defender.

Obviously, not brilliant signings - but i'm talking realistically. And that's only £10m spent, if we discount Upson. However, our defense would be improved monumentally by those three imports, our defense really is just that bad at the moment. And Nugent is going to be a hell of a player - and is a key role in Preston's promotion push. Viduka doesn't have the legs that he once had, but he's always scored goals and is a presence in the box on the cheap.

1st Team: Taylor --- Distin --- Moore --- Bridge

2nd Team: Volz --- Upson --- Ramage --- Bernard

Boot: Carr, Babayaro, Bramble.

The sheer arrogance of thinking two players would sign to be a reserve for a relegation battling side :D

Also the absolute idiocy of STILL thinking Bernard is better than Babayaro.  Fuck me.

Any one of our other players who can play at left back are better than that sackless piece of shite Babayaro.

Any one of our other players who can play at left back are better than that sackless piece of shite Babayaro.

Then where is Bernard, eh?

He was shite the first time around and he's looking like an utter holocaust this time around.

He was shite the first time around and he's looking like an utter holocaust this time around.

Bernard was decent when he left us.

we would have gone for Bridge at the summer but you know the story...

first, let's say that Moore is much slower than any attackers in the Prem and Bramble is much ****er, and i don't know why we not play Taylor instead of Carr...

so Upson would be very good and also Neill but i don't know how much money we have.. David Navarro linked to us don't know much about him...

and about the upfront: i think we don't need Cassano, Nugent would be good and he would surely come to us, maybe a try for Harewood...

FAO: People suggesting Distin

Pearce claimed at a supporters Q&A thingy recently, that there is no chance he'll cash on him in January. I know he is absolutely desperate for him to stay and hasn't given up hope of getting him to sign. Of course it could be out of his hands by then if things don't improve.

And of course you have the age old problem of - Who wants to sign a contract that could see them in the championship in 6 months?

He played better than Babayaro ever has when he was first with us.

Babayaro is the left back version of Bramble, only Shitus at least seems to care SOMETIMES.

Realistically...

Moritz Volz - £1m ... Decent, capable right-back available on the cheap. Better than Carr, but not better than Taylor. I'd have Taylor as our first choice right-back.

Sylvain Distin - £2m ... Good defender, a leader at the back which we crave for. Available on the cheap due to contract problems.

David Nugent - £3m ... Rising star, i think he'll be a Darren Bent-esque hit in the Premiership, and he's been kicking ass in the Under-21s. Big fan of his.

Mark Viduka - £1m ... Not brilliant, but skill ful and a presence in the box and will knab us 7 or 8 goals.

And, if we still had the available funds, we could boot Bramble (finally), and bring in Matthew Upson for £3-4m. I'm a fan of his and always have been. He was always on the brink of the England squad... he has the capabilities to be a good Premiership defender.

Obviously, not brilliant signings - but i'm talking realistically. And that's only £10m spent, if we discount Upson. However, our defense would be improved monumentally by those three imports, our defense really is just that bad at the moment. And Nugent is going to be a hell of a player - and is a key role in Preston's promotion push. Viduka doesn't have the legs that he once had, but he's always scored goals and is a presence in the box on the cheap.

I would be very surprised to see Nugent moving for anything like £3m. 

Prepare to be suprised then. £4m is what they're supposed to be asking for.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign for Everton. He's a blue, he's on record saying how much he wants to play for us, always linked in the press and we've been scouting him for about 2 years. Hopefully it will be Beattie out and Nugent in during January rather than the summer.

Realistically...

I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign for Everton. He's a blue, he's on record saying how much he wants to play for us, always linked in the press and we've been scouting him for about 2 years. Hopefully it will be Beattie out and Nugent in during January rather than the summer.

if there's more than one club in for him - and one of them is us, and we're fucking proper mugs when it comes to transfer fees - it'll be higher.

Guest Man in Black

the problem you will have in January, if you dont start getting results before then, is that teh quality players will not want to join a club in the midst of a relegation fight. i think Newcastle are in serious trouble, and will continue to flounder until you replace that idiot of a chairman. he has turned the club into a circus, and Neewcastle are the laughing stock of teh league

the problem you will have in January, if you dont start getting results before then, is that teh quality players will not want to join a club in the midst of a relegation fight. i think Newcastle are in serious trouble, and will continue to flounder until you replace that idiot of a chairman. he has turned the club into a circus, and Neewcastle are the laughing stock of teh league

Its at every level now, mate.

Chairman is too involved in (and too bad at) the football side.

Manager is an absolute, substandard cretin.

Assistant Manager/Coaches are laughable.

Half the first team should not be anywhere NEAR the playing squad of a team with aspirations of the top 10, or probbaly even the Premiership.

Guest TurkishToon

if we have any left over money after we buy defenders and etc. Id go for Young from Watford. I heard during this weeks match that he still wasnt offered a contract at Watford...(?)

I dont know how expensive he would be but he is worth considering imo...very talented and young...really good Attacking Midfielder

Realistically...

That'll be Anal's slow day at the office backpage 'exclusive' soon tbh

if we have any left over money after we buy defenders and etc. Id go for Young from Watford. I heard during this weeks match that he still wasnt offered a contract at Watford...(?)

I dont know how expensive he would be but he is worth considering imo...very talented and young...really good Attacking Midfielder

Why do we need defenders when we have nobody scoring goals?

Guest Man in Black

because, every great side is built from the back, and right now what Newcastle need to do is stop conceding, and give yourselves a platform to build on.

Agreed!

We have goalscorers in this team. We just don't have a manager that brings the best out of them, nor who can play the suitable tactics to show the best of their ability.

What we have at present is no 'fit' goalscorers in this team. The tactics (for once) against Charlton were spot on for the first 50 or so minutes, we had ample chances only no-one to put it in the back of net. Duff and Rossi could have played till midnight and they'd still not have scored.

Keeping a clean sheet at least starts us off in the right direction. We have players who could score goals IMO (Duff, Milner, Martins, Zoggy) if they were being used right. But that's a different story...

how about getting some good full-backs? that would improve our defence as well as offer another dimension to our attack. i agree with htl though, there's no-one in the squad who can be relied upon to score goals, now that owen and shola are out. it is not like we have been losing games by huge margins, we've conceded 2 goals in our last 6 games, but only scored 5.

Agreed!

We have goalscorers in this team. We just don't have a manager that brings the best out of them, nor who can play the suitable tactics to show the best of their ability.

One goal scorer, Owen.

One absolute pile of donkey shite, Ameobi.

A journeyman pro, Sibierski.

A very very quick forward with no touch, might come good, Martins.

A player who MAY be good in 2 or so years, Rossi.

An utter pile of uninterested crap, Luque.

That's what we've got.