Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Bottom line is we're going down cause we're s***. No excuses we simply are not good enough

Agreed.  I'm strangely calm about this, because there are no excuses left.  It's Pompey at home FFS.  If you can't do it then, you deserve what you get.

As much as I had pre-match nerves and jitters I now feel completely senseless and numb. The damage was done months ago, this is merely damage limitation in a way.

However, I'm not admitting defeat yet!

Thinking about it, Boro and Fulham at home are both winnable. 6 points would save us I think, this is a big loss to not get 3 points, but this isn't the end.

If we can't beat Portsmouth, we're not going to beat Fulham.  We get nowt from this, it's not far off the end.

Say Hull fail to get anymore points, which as they're in free fall is possible. 4 points would get us level with better goal difference and save us. It's not likely, but I'm saying there is hope.

Thinking about it, Boro and Fulham at home are both winnable. 6 points would save us I think, this is a big loss to not get 3 points, but this isn't the end.

If we can't beat Portsmouth, we're not going to beat Fulham.  We get nowt from this, it's not far off the end.

Say Hull fail to get anymore points, which as they're in free fall is possible. 4 points would get us level with better goal difference and save us. It's not likely, but I'm saying there is hope.

A noble effort to avert the historic melt down that will follow this result should it stay the same (or get worse).

Don't win and we don't play in this league next year.  Simple as.