Liverpool - Newcastle United | Sun May 3rd - 1:30pm @ Anfield - Pre Match Thread

Kaizero

Guest alijmitchell

We will get hammered 4-0, no chance in hell. We poured our effort into tonight, players and fans alike. We banked on Portsmouth and fucked it, and we will get twatted by Liverpool.

Guest firetotheworks

Im not watching it. I cant bare to watch Liverpool get embarrassed when we demolish them 17 - 0

we'll huff and puff but be outclassed.  3-0 Liverpool.

This. 

It would be amazing if we could somehow get a draw but sadly they have far too many talented players and we have none.

I'd go with...

GK - Harper

RB - Beye

LB - Duff

CB - Coloccini

CB - Bassong

CM - Jonas

CM - Smith

CM - Barton/Guthrie/Butt

CF - Viduka

CF - Owen

CF - Martins

This time though if it's time to take Viduka off, then I'd rather stick Smith in Viduka's place and put one of the two midfielders not included in the Barton/Guthrie/Butt in midfield.

Guest timmy boy

Our record at Anfield is shit, all I can recall in the Premier League is 1 win and a couple of draws. I think 3 or 4 nil to them.

Guest firetotheworks

Normally I am optimistic but I can't see anyway that we'll even be competitive on Sunday.

Oh we will man, thats what our players are like. Get themselves up for the big games and forget about the so called smaller games. We'll be obliterated but there'll be talk of spirit and determination, without any mention of ineptitude.

The 4-3-3 was devised as an emergency formation to get the best out of a horribly unbalanced squad. It has several weaknesses, paramount among which is the fact that it flat out does not work without Mark Viduka.

Unfortunately, Mark Viduka at this point in his career cannot play 90 minutes. And like today, if we put Carroll in his place the whole formation just implodes.

Our best bet is probably to play 4-3-3 for 60-odd minutes, pray to God that we score, and then put Carroll and Jonas on, switch to a 4-4-2, and lump forward some long balls.

The only flaw to this plan of course is that we won't score goals because Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins are f***ing allergic to them.