Liverpool - Newcastle United | Sun May 3rd - 1:30pm @ Anfield - Pre Match Thread

Kaizero

Is Barton even allowed back in Liverpool yet?

Great point. :lol:

I'm not sure.

That was just part of his bail conditions iirc, he has since been convicted and done the time so I don't see why he wouldn't be allowed.

Is Barton even allowed back in Liverpool yet?

Great point. :lol:

I'm not sure.

That was just part of his bail conditions iirc, he has since been convicted and done the time so I don't see why he wouldn't be allowed.

Cheers. :thup:

Harper

Beye Coloccini Bassong Duff

Barton Butt Jonas

Owen

Viduka          Martins

I like Guthrie, but he was poor yesterday and I really want Barton back in the team, as he is without a doubt our best midfielder when in form (which he probably won't be, still reckon he's the best even when not match fit). Think we'll need Jonas to carry the ball for us, he'll help us take a bit of pressure off the defence. Might be a bit harsh on dropping Smith, thought he looked one of your best players yesterday, he even took a couple of shots, more than he did all of last year tbh.

You've quit already then?  :smug:

Think we should play those who need the match fitness, ie barton and guthrie, might as well leave the 3 up top, gunna get beat regardless so might as well try n get them to score

No way we should try 4-3-3, we will get torn to pieces by a quality team like Liverpool who have a dominant midfield in any case. I'd go for 4-4-2 and play the youngest, fittest midfielders possible in an attempt to at least close the space for their players to work in. It might even be worth sacrificing a forward to give us extra legs in midfield, we aren't going to score anyway.

Testa Mora, you appear to be a black hole of depression and negativity today. It's understandable but if I were you I wouldn't spend any more time reading about Newcastle today. It's not helping your mood.

You couldnt have summed it up better. I couldn't even get to sleep, couldn't even speak a civil word to anyone after. It's how horrible it all is, it's made me crack. Football is not just a game.

Testa Mora, you appear to be a black hole of depression and negativity today. It's understandable but if I were you I wouldn't spend any more time reading about Newcastle today. It's not helping your mood.

You couldnt have summed it up better. I couldn't even get to sleep, couldn't even speak a civil word to anyone after. It's how horrible it all is, it's made me sell crack. Football is not just a game.

:kasper:  :no:

You know what, this fucking negativity lark is getting on my fucking tits. "Oooh, we're in a title race and they're in a relegation battle and they'll be scrapping for every point." Are you fucking serious? They couldn't fight their way out of a fucking wet Echo. For all Shearers chest beating, they are playing like a side who have already given up. Put it like this, if the mistakes we made last week against Arsenal had been against them, the final score would have been 4 - 0 to us. They're absolutely shite and we will fucking batter them. I don't just believe it, I know it. Rafa and Dirk will be on the touchline giving it the old "game over" gestures after about 20 minutes, after which they'll do a quick "Let's Do The Time Warp Again" topped off  by Gerrard and Torres doing a nice little "Hey Macarena." The fucking state of those useless clueless twats, if they parked the bus, they'd probably park it in a fucking disabled bay and get it towed away.

:sadnod:

You know what, this f***ing negativity lark is getting on my f***ing tits. "Oooh, we're in a title race and they're in a relegation battle and they'll be scrapping for every point." Are you f***ing serious? They couldn't fight their way out of a f***ing wet Echo. For all Shearers chest beating, they are playing like a side who have already given up. Put it like this, if the mistakes we made last week against Arsenal had been against them, the final score would have been 4 - 0 to us. They're absolutely s**** and we will f***ing batter them. I don't just believe it, I know it. Rafa and Dirk will be on the touchline giving it the old "game over" gestures after about 20 minutes, after which they'll do a quick "Let's Do The Time Warp Again" topped off  by Gerrard and Torres doing a nice little "Hey Macarena." The f***ing state of those useless clueless twats, if they parked the bus, they'd probably park it in a f***ing disabled bay and get it towed away.

Howay man what you on there reading that mind-polluting shit for?

:(

You know what, this f***ing negativity lark is getting on my f***ing tits. "Oooh, we're in a title race and they're in a relegation battle and they'll be scrapping for every point." Are you f***ing serious? They couldn't fight their way out of a f***ing wet Echo. For all Shearers chest beating, they are playing like a side who have already given up. Put it like this, if the mistakes we made last week against Arsenal had been against them, the final score would have been 4 - 0 to us. They're absolutely s**** and we will f***ing batter them. I don't just believe it, I know it. Rafa and Dirk will be on the touchline giving it the old "game over" gestures after about 20 minutes, after which they'll do a quick "Let's Do The Time Warp Again" topped off  by Gerrard and Torres doing a nice little "Hey Macarena." The f***ing state of those useless clueless twats, if they parked the bus, they'd probably park it in a f***ing disabled bay and get it towed away.

I think it's very accurate actually. :lol:

Can we afford to go with a three man midfield away to liverpool? they will take us apart, go 4-4-2 and jope we can nick a point

-------------Harper

Beye----Colo-------Bass------Duff

Smith----Bart------Butt------Jonas

---------Owen--------Oba

One thing that was clearly apparent last night (and all season) is that the 4-3-3 system will never ever work with the midfield that we have.  They are deviod of any creativity what so ever, they really are.  How we could do with a Nobby or two at the moment.

Liverpool will absolutely destroy the team we played last night.

For me it has to be:

Beye  Bassong Colo

Jonas  Guthrie  Smith  Barton  Duff

Carroll/Viduka  Martins/Owen

We have a much stonger midfield with this lineup and potential for a 3-1-4-2 or 3-5-2 and even 4-4-2..  4-3-3 is a no, we have to forget that completely IMO.  A point at Anfield, although unlikely would not be a bad result at all.

We are still not completely fooked if we loose.  If Hull keep loosing, a win against the smogs could get us out of the bottom three and condemn them to the fissy pop... hopefully.  The boro game IMO was always more important than last night - unless of course they win there next game!!!

It's fucking class :lol:

You know what, this fucking negativity lark is getting on my fucking tits. "Oooh, we're in a title race and they're in a relegation battle and they'll be scrapping for every point." Are you fucking serious? They couldn't fight their way out of a fucking wet Echo. For all Shearers chest beating, they are playing like a side who have already given up. Put it like this, if the mistakes we made last week against Arsenal had been against them, the final score would have been 4 - 0 to us. They're absolutely shite and we will fucking batter them. I don't just believe it, I know it. Rafa and Dirk will be on the touchline giving it the old "game over" gestures after about 20 minutes, after which they'll do a quick "Let's Do The Time Warp Again" topped off  by Gerrard and Torres doing a nice little "Hey Macarena." The fucking state of those useless clueless twats, if they parked the bus, they'd probably park it in a fucking disabled bay and get it towed away.

:mackems:

Howay man what you on there reading that mind-polluting s*** for?

:lol: I knaa man!! Just didn't need to read it in fucking print. Now my eyes hurt fkn bin dipping swine flu spreading cunts  :angry:

Harper

Barton Butt Jonas

Owen

Viduka          Martins

I like Guthrie, but he was poor yesterday and I really want Barton back in the team, as he is without a doubt our best midfielder when in form (which he probably won't be, still reckon he's the best even when not match fit). Think we'll need Jonas to carry the ball for us, he'll help us take a bit of pressure off the defence. Might be a bit harsh on dropping Smith, thought he looked one of your best players yesterday, he even took a couple of shots, more than he did all of last year tbh.

I've never been a real fan as I'm not Toon-based like

Harper

Barton Butt Jonas

Owen

Viduka          Martins

I've never been a real fan as I'm not Toon-based like

Same here

Let's elope