Another Open Letter to Mike Ashley

Big Geordie

So Mike - Four games to go and under your stewardship, Newcastle United stands on the brink of relegation to the Championship. Face facts - your reign since you took over the club, initially promised much. You got fans back onside, reappointed Kevin Keegan who then guided us to safety last season. Again - we had 'hope' the club club was once again moving forwards, playing good football that people wanted to see.

But you decided to back the wrong horse and it's blown up in your face. The appointment of Dennis Wise to this football club has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. First, the managers position is undermined (Keegan) and as a man of principle, he walks away after the sale of one of the club's best young players and the subsequent failure to reinvest this money. Add to that the failure by wise to ignore two key areas of strengthening the team - namely another left back and also a creative midfielder. You also then dithered to appoint a new boss and choose a man who would walk over hot coals to get back into football. I bet Joe Kinnear couldn't believe his luck! You then sell Given and N'Zogbia and provide us with two poor replacements who have offered nothing to the cause since they joined. In a final throw of the dice - you then appoint Alan Shearer as team manager, which came a month too late. By then the damage was done - because you cannot flog a dead horse. Shearer class player he was, is no magician.

And so the club now stands on the precipice and where do we go from here? Under your stewardship - I suggest nowhere (other than relegation) You will find out in the summer, that you can only take the mickey out of fans for so long, before they will have had enough and decide other ways to spend their Saturday afternoons.

If you have any genuine feelings left towards Newcastle United, then please sell up in the summer and let someone who can do the job, do it. I fear for Newcastle United with you running it and I am not alone. What has happened on and off the pitch cannot lie. NUFC is not a toy to be played with. It is a major part of the city as well as many people's lives. And you have managed to pretty much destroy that inside two years. The damage from this time could take years to repair. How the mighty have fallen.

So Mike - Four games to go and under your stewardship, Newcastle United stands on the brink of relegation to the Championship. Face facts - your reign since you took over the club, initially promised much. You got fans back onside, reappointed Kevin Keegan who then guided us to safety last season. Again - we had 'hope' the club club was once again moving forwards, playing good football that people wanted to see.

But you decided to back the wrong horse and it's blown up in your face. The appointment of Dennis Wise to this football club is been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. First, the managers position is undermined (Keegan) and as a man of principle, he walks away after the sale of one of the club's best young players and the subsequent failure to reinvest this money. Add to that the failure by wise to ignore two key areas of strengthening the team - namely another left back and also a creative midfielder. You also then dithered to appoint a new boss and choose a man who would walk over hot coals to get back into football. I bet Joe Kinnear couldn't believe his luck! You then sell Given and N'Zogbia and provide us with two poor replacements who have offered nothing to the cause since they joined. In a final throw of the dice - you then appoint Alan Shearer as team manager, which came a month too late. By then the damage was done - because you cannot flog a dead horse. Shearer class player he was, is no magician.

And so the club now stands on the precipice and where do we go from here? Under your stewardship - I suggest nowhere (other than relegation) You will find out in the summer, that you can only take the mickey out of fans for so long, before they will have had enough and decide other ways to spend their Saturday afternoons.

If you have any genuine feelings left towards Newcastle United, then please sell up in the summer and let someone who can do the job, do it. I fear for Newcastle United with you running it and I am not alone. What has happened on and off the pitch cannot lie. NUFC is not a toy to be played with. It is a major part of the city as well as many people's lives. And you have managed to pretty much destroy that inside two years. The damage from this time could take years to repair. How the mighty have fallen.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very eloquently put...and nail on head too..cracking post.

Agree everything appart from alluding to Milner as a good player, and suggesting that we miss Zog.

Milner has shown for Villa what a good player he is,as for Zog...he has potential,the fact is though that neither have been replaced,and an already thin squad has gone to anorexic proportions.

Guest Heneage

Dear every fan that writes a letter.

Try writing a letter to God, you've more chance of it being read and replied to.

Yours sincerely.

God's secretary.

Agree everything appart from alluding to Milner as a good player, and suggesting that we miss Zog.

Milner has shown for Villa what a good player he is,as for Zog...he has potential,the fact is though that neither have been replaced,and an already thin squad has gone to anorexic proportions.

No he's shown that in a very good team with excellent movement and a massive beanpole to hit his awful crosses at he can be decent, he was shit for us though because he's simply not good that good.

No he's shown that in a very good team with excellent movement and a massive beanpole to hit his awful crosses at he can be decent, he was shit for us though because he's simply not good that good.

Credit Martin O'Neill for making him look a good player then...you can't  blame him for other's,at best, mediocrity

N'Zogbia would have offered our midfield plenty, tonight - pace and direct running.

I concur totally.

Then why didn't he against Blackburn, West Ham, Hull, Liverpool ect?  This is a case of looking back with rose tinted glasses, he did fuck all for us for a long time before he eventually got the massive move he wanted to Wigan..  Why should we expect he'd do anything more then the other wasters we had on the pitch tonight?

Guest neesy111

N'Zogbia would have offered our midfield plenty, tonight - pace and direct running.

I concur totally.

Then why didn't he against Blackburn, West Ham, Hull, Liverpool ect?  This is a case of looking back with rose tinted glasses, he did fuck all for us for a long time before he eventually got the massive move he wanted to Wigan..  Why should we expect he'd do anything more then the other wasters we had on the pitch tonight?

charlie was a waster, and totally flattered to decieve and his attitude stunk, reminds me of domi, and he's done fuck all since

I concur totally.

I believe he had lost the will to live under Kinnear tbf,I believe Shearer would have got him on track...it's the lack of a decent replacement though that's hurt us more...our squad needed adding to,not diminishing.

Got to agree. These WIDE-open letters need to stop? Excuse me for being heartless and cold, but some of you need to pull together. I started supporting this club when Shearer came from Blackburn and what I've witnessed is just a club slowly falling apart since that day. And you know what other things that have changed since then? Everything. You all know that football clubs are owned by billionaire as toy and ways of showing off their success. It's yesterdays news.

In the past, football was passion in a completely different way as opposed to today. The fans had more power (in some sense) back then because the gap between the wealthy chairman/men and the fans was smaller. Today it's not the same. Mike Ashley owns the club. It's just like if I were to sell my car to someone here. .. and then after a while I'd discover that the new owner was a total dick and behaving totally discreditable when driving the car.... and then I'd confront him/her and say "you know what, I love that car so much and care so much for it that no matter what you do to it I won't stop caring for it".... Do some of you really think that what I said would have mattered to the new owner? I don't..

In the same way, Mike Ashley doesn't care about it. He owns the club.

For most of you, if you just look back, ever since Keegan resigned in the 90's (except SBR era) this club and slowly fallen apart because of bad decisions over and over again. What more is there to say?

Well, I can admit that I'm not following this club down to Championship. Not a chance. I've lost all confidence that things will change. I've watch bad decision being made ever since Keegan resign. And I've had enough of it. I'll never switch sides. I made my choice of being a NUFC supporter and I'll stand by that. But I just can't trust the people in charge anymore because nobody seems to, or be willing to do, what right.

Got to agree. These WIDE-open letters need to stop? Excuse me for being heartless and cold, but some of you need to pull together. I started supporting this club when Shearer came from Blackburn and what I've witnessed is just a club slowly falling apart since that day. And you know what other things that have changed since then? Everything. You all know that football clubs are owned by billionaire as toy and ways of showing off their success. It's yesterdays news.

In the past, football was passion in a completely different way as opposed to today. The fans had more power (in some sense) back then because the gap between the wealthy chairman/men and the fans was smaller. Today it's not the same. Mike Ashley owns the club. It's just like if I were to sell my car to someone here. .. and then after a while I'd discover that the new owner was a total dick and behaving totally discreditable when driving the car.... and then I'd confront him/her and say "you know what, I love that car so much and care so much for it that no matter what you do to it I won't stop caring for it".... Do some of you really think that what I said would have mattered to the new owner? I don't..

For most of you, if you just look back, ever since Keegan resigned in the 90's (except SBR era) this club and slowly fallen apart because of bad decisions over and over again. What more is there to say?

Well, I can admit that I'm not following this club down to Championship. Not a chance. I've lost all confidence that things will change. I've watch bad decision being made ever since Keegan resign. And I've had enough of it. I'll never switch sides. I made my choice of being a NUFC supporter and I'll stand by that. But I just can't trust the people in charge anymore because nobody seems to, or be willing to do, what right.

That was all well and good until your last paragraph. Any person jumping ship, has never been a fan and will never be a fan of Newcastle United. I'd follow us into the Unibond league if that's where we're on our way.

I concur totally.

Because he's capable of running off the ball?

That was all well and good until your last paragraph. Any person jumping ship, has never been a fan and will never be a fan of Newcastle United. I'd follow us into the Unibond league if that's where we're on our way.

Me too..

That would be the same as saying to the driver of a car who drives discreditable that I'm going to be a passenger no matter what you do. I'd gladly get killed with you in a car accident if that's what it takes, as opposed to say "You know what, if this is the way your going to drive then let me off".

And by my last sentence, I'm not saying I'll jump the ship "just because the club gets relegated". If it had just been relegation, I'd still be here. Unfortunately its not. The club has been heading this way, slowly...through a series of bad decisions. And that has been even more painful to witness than just a simple relegation.

That would be the same as saying to the driver of a car who drives discreditable that I'm going to be a passenger no matter what you do. I'd gladly get killed with you in a car accident if that's what it takes, as opposed to say "You know what, if this is the way your going to drive then let me off".

And by my last sentence, I'm not saying I'll jump the ship "just because the club gets relegated". If it had just been relegation, I'd still be here. Unfortunately its not. The club has been heading this way, slowly...through a series of bad decisions. And that has been even more painful to witness than just a simple relegation.

We're gonna win fuck all, we're gonna win fuck all. We still follow United.

Also, if I really loved the car as much as I do Newcastle United. I'd never get out of it. To go with your metaphor. Owners may change, league statuses may change, players may change. I'll never stop following us.

But you decided to back the wrong horse and it's blown up in your face. The appointment of Dennis Wise to this football club has been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. First, the managers position is undermined (Keegan) and as a man of principle, he walks away after the sale of one of the club's best young players and the subsequent failure to reinvest this money. Add to that the failure by wise to ignore two key areas of strengthening the team - namely another left back and also a creative midfielder. You also then dithered to appoint a new boss and choose a man who would walk over hot coals to get back into football. I bet Joe Kinnear couldn't believe his luck! You then sell Given and N'Zogbia and provide us with two poor replacements who have offered nothing to the cause since they joined. In a final throw of the dice - you then appoint Alan Shearer as team manager, which came a month too late. By then the damage was done - because you cannot flog a dead horse. Shearer class player he was, is no magician.

Aye, cos we've already established once this season that asking him to do that works a treat. Come off it man - the club is still up for sale. It mightn't be on the market but Ashley is probably sat there begging for someone to make a reasonable bid.

Just follow Man U instead, while keeping an eye on Barca's, Liverpool and Arsenal's results as well. Just in case they are more worthy in the next month or so.

I concur totally.

charlie was a waster, and totally flattered to decieve and his attitude stunk, reminds me of domi, and he's done fuck all since

Seriously, fuck off to Spuds. If you honestly think the reason he left was all down to his attitude and not our shiteness, and that players who are better than Charlie and Jonas would be begging to join us, you need to join the "Spuds for 4th!" brigade.

Milner had one poor season for us, when Allardyce had him on the left wing whipping in right-footed crosses our midget strikers couldn't do anything with. Under Roeder the season before that, he was our best player, and he didn't play like under Allardyce.

And his crosses and end product are far better than those of any of our current midfield players. He's a better player than Jonas.