Motley Crew

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

I know we all support the team and that support should stay regardless of who pulls on the shirt or who is the manager or owner.

But this crop of players just leave me cold. Where's the hero or the talisman? Where's the inspiration?

I came to the conclusion watching us run dismally out of ideas last night, that I simply just dont like the set of blokes that pull on our shirt. Possible exceptions for Beye, Bassong and Enrique (whose efforts have won me over) but can anyone really say they wont be off like a shot if we go down?

In short, there's not a single player at the club i would be remotely bothered to see pack their bags this summer.

:thdn:

Guest palnese

Beye, Bassong, Barton and Enrique are basically the only players I'd be annoyed about should they leave.

The rest can take a running jump, useless c***s.

Steve Harper, Guthrie, Carroll and Steven Taylor

Beye, Bassong, Barton and Enrique are basically the only players I'd be annoyed about should they leave.

Why on earth would you miss Barton?

I tend to agree. This group of players deserves nothing more than relegation, unfortunately the bulk of the starting 11 yesterday will not be playing championship football next year, as their past reputations will buy them a move to a PL club.

I know we all support the team and that support should stay regardless of who pulls on the shirt or who is the manager or owner.

But this crop of players just leave me cold. Where's the hero or the talisman? Where's the inspiration?

I came to the conclusion watching us run dismally out of ideas last night, that I simply just dont like the set of blokes that pull on our shirt. Possible exceptions for Beye, Bassong and Enrique (whose efforts have won me over) but can anyone really say they wont be off like a shot if we go down?

In short, there's not a single player at the club i would be remotely bothered to see pack their bags this summer.

:thdn:

Exactly how i feel to.

Guest firetotheworks

Beye

Bassong

Enrique

Jonas

Some of the others leaving wont be nice, but I'll be gutted when they do. Thinking about the potential of Bassong and Enrique  :dave:

He's our only good mifielder.  The only one that could actually make something happen and one of the very few in our squad that genuinely looks like he gives a shit.  The only player that seems to give anyone else a kick up the arse when they deserve it aswell.

He should be captain.

For me one of the worst things if we get relegated will be that we will lose Bassong. He's the best centre back we've had for years. I actually think our defence is pretty good. Beye, Bassong, S. Taylor, Enrique are a pretty solid defence.

The midfield is what kills us. I actually think Butt and Duff put a lot of effort in, it's just they're not good enough anymore. Jonas puts in a lot of effort but he has no end product. He may do well in a team of superstars but not in our team. Guthrie is a reasonable, young midfielder.

Owen seems to be a spent force who can't do much without a good supply line. Viduka is heading towards the knackers yard. Ameobi is below average and always injured. I've always like Martins as he is probably the only exciting player in our team who can produce his own chances. Smith must be the only striker who has ever gone on to be a combative central midfielder.

dont mind as long as we get 6m+ for bassong.  WOnt need a defender as good as that in championship, think we should use the chance to develop younger talent, to take back up with us.

WIll be ironic to see if anyone wants duff or owen.  SOme mug will probably chase them.HEd maybe make a squad player for villa or everton?

He's our only good mifielder.  The only one that could actually make something happen and one of the very few in our squad that genuinely looks like he gives a shit.  The only player that seems to give anyone else a kick up the arse when they deserve it aswell.

He should be captain.

:lol:

I actually agree with the first paragraph.

He's our only good mifielder.  The only one that could actually make something happen and one of the very few in our squad that genuinely looks like he gives a s***.  The only player that seems to give anyone else a kick up the arse when they deserve it aswell.

He should be captain.

Just seen this. 25 starts in his Newcastle career, 5 this season, and he was average in atleast half these games. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, Joey Barton is nothing special. He's our best midfielder, but i hesitate to call him good.

steve harper is probably the only player there that gets my respect.

Beye is a quality player, a good leader and an excellent proffesional.... but I don't think he'd care THAT much if we go down. (Yes i'm still a little bit optimistic that we'll do it! :idiot2:)