We could still escape

womblemaster

Was looking at table yesterday.

in theory we could still get out of this.

Look hard at hulls points/ gd.  Then look at who they have to play.

OUr run in is slightly easier.  Assuming a loss against liverpool, then 3 draws, and hull could take our place.

WOuld rely on them losing all their final 4 games, and assuming we dont get win against boro!!

AFter liverpool another loss, and we virtually un saveable.

Sadly cant see sunderland lossing all their final games, their strikers are in better form than us atmo. Boro stikeforce is weaker than ours.

to stay up, viduka needs to score, dont have faith in owens/martins personally. imo they arent competent strikers anymore,  :clap2:  when they leave in the summer.

GUes this is entertainment of a sorts  :dave:

form table shows hull in worse form than us?? sad to pin our survival on others being worse than us!!

Guest DarkSchneider

If barton, Lövenkrands, Nacho(If he's any good) play than maybe we have a chance of actually creating something and scoring. People getting on the backs of Owen and Martins for not scoring the one chance they got is not fair. Even the best(Drogba/Henry/Ronaldo...) fail to score.

We lack wings and Creativity in the middle. No one except Jonas and maybe Martins tries something on his own, and defences are not scared. Not to mention our long balls that don't find the target in 90%. Last year at least Geremi was playing and he had some sort of understanding with Owen. He found him with his crosses and we scored some goals. This year Geremi's on the bench and our delivery has been awful.

I suggested this in the match thread and essentially got told to shut and up and start feeling doomed and beyond help.

You're entirely right, that point against Pompey has kept us within a hope of getting out of this. It's not over, despite what many would like to think.

is there any way we can ban people from this thread, such as the ones who are "being real" and saying we're doomed?

I still believe we can stay up, I've said for the last 2 games that at most 7 points is enough to keep us up, so far out of our last 5 games we've got one we just need another 4 at the minimum I think.

Howay lads!!! we can do this, and we fucking will!!!

We're just doing it the hard way as with everything else NUFC related.

One thing I've learned from these forums the past 5 years is that madras knows what he's talking about.

madras for president/chief of the world  :clap2:

before monday i thought 7 points would probably keep us up. 1 down 6 to go. more worrying was the performance. apart from the back 4 we were all over the place and played with the desperation of a championship club a goal down to a prem club with 10mins left of a cup tie.

themanpstairs----------i'd reccomend some form of psychotherapy.

before monday i thought 7 points would probably keep us up. 1 down 6 to go. more worrying was the performance. apart from the back 4 we were all over the place and played with the desperation of a championship club a goal down to a prem club with 10mins left of a cup tie.

themanpstairs----------i'd reccomend some form of psychotherapy.

Howay old man! I was referring to a post you made on another thread about how we always do it the hard way. It's the only hope I have left in me.

I also thought that 7 should be enough to keep us up, problem is having failed to beat Pompey I find it hard to see where the wins are coming from. It isn't impossible by any means, but the performance was hugely unimpressive and uninspiring.

Of course we could still escape, the real question is will we? To create enough chances to give ourselves a hope of winning the two remaining home games, we need to be able to get the ball into the final third of the pitch. Our passing is too slow and erratic, so the only option seems to be the long ball which we are resorting to more and more so I think our chances of winning two games are pretty slim. Our best hope is if we can somehow fluke a goal against boro hopefully giving us the momentum to go in against Fulham with more confidence.

It may well depend on us getting something at Villa, which isn't impossible. Their season may well be over by then, and we've already beaten them this season, which should give us some confidence.

My predictions give this:

Hull 37

Sund 36

-------

Newc 35

Boro 35

WBA  29

:(

However, though I think it's pretty much over because IMO our nerve has gone, looking at that it's still going to be ridiculously tight. My predictions have us getting nothing on the last day; if our goal difference is still an advantage after Liverpool we might stay up by the skin of our teeth with a draw. :kasper:

Neutral mate at work has done the same predictions just now and he has us staying up at the expense of Hull/Boro/WBA and being above the mackems by the end. That would be fucking awesome. :lol:

I suggested this in the match thread and essentially got told to shut and up and start feeling doomed and beyond help.

You're entirely right, that point against Pompey has kept us within a hope of getting out of this. It's not over, despite what many would like to think.

:clap:

People on here are loving saying we're already down, so they can laugh at anyone realistic enough to recognize there's some chance.  I'm going to all 4 of the remaining games, and i'm going there with a bit of fight, otherwise i wouldn't be going.

I can feel the hope starting to reappear inside of me.

But then I know it's the same as before the Stoke game, the same as before the Pompey game and once the game actually starts and you see the way we are playing it seems ridiculous to have ever had any hope at all.

I've given up thinking about it. Que sera... etc...

its definitely still possible, i've said for a month or so that hull wont get another point and i'm standing by it, with the POSSIBLE exception of stoke, but thats not an easy game. 4 points could see us safe, even 3. it could all come to down to how many we concede at anfield tbh.

I think Hull will pick up two more points and we will pick up six, therefore staying up just.

I've kinda just about recovered from the Portsmouth affair and i'm actually glad i've bought tickets for Boro. I'm not completely sure what it is that keeps igniting this dying ember of optimism, but i think he's called Alan Shearer. :aww:

The players will be more used to the system in another couple of games and with more players coming back/reaching fitness, we could well just be OK. We weren't brilliant on Monday night but the very fact that we created more chances then, against a resilient Pompey side, than we have done in the last million matches, gives me hope.

Sadly cant see sunderland lossing all their final games, their strikers are in better form than us atmo.

They aren't like.  We definitely still have a chance, the Liverpool game is another important one, we need to make sure we don't concede a lot of goals.

Please don't post fixture lists on the forum. Shit, but rules are rules.

Cheers.

Sorry about that, it didn't occur to me that the article was basically a fixture list.

Here is a link to that article that predicts Newcastle will stay up: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/5236107/Newcastle-target-Middlesbrough-derby-as-key-to-Premier-League-survival.html