Danby's Performance

Crumpy Gunt

Louise Taylor saying he said 'did you come in a fucking car' in her usual shite article. Did anyone hear him say that? I heard him have a dig at the Pompey supporters butmust admit I wasn't paying as much attention as to what was said.

'Mackems of the South Coast' as well I think he said, but did he really use the word 'fucking'? Sounds bad if so - but could easily be Taylor the ugly slag shit stirring.

Regardless, I hope we've seen the last of the embarrassingly cringeworthy twat.

I thought it was a bit cheesy from the off to be fair, especially with him shouting "Tooooooon" etc halfway through it.

Could of picked somebody so much better to do it who wouldn't of also just abused away fans.

Guest toonlass

i'd have rather they tried to rope brian johnson in, if ac-dc weren't playing that night

To be honest I'd have rather the 47,000 paying Geordies all just made a magnificent effort week in, week out and we wouldn't need anyone to raise the atmosphere. The apathy shown by a lot of fans is crap.

i'd have rather they tried to rope brian johnson in, if ac-dc weren't playing that night

To be honest I'd have rather the 47,000 paying Geordies all just made a magnificent effort week in, week out and we wouldn't need anyone to raise the atmosphere. The apathy shown by a lot of fans is crap.

aye, that's true

Guest toonlass

Who gives a damn to be honest. I can't believe with the shite we are in, people are getting all het up about a fat man singing on the pitch. We have more pressing problems that the cringeworthyness of that imo.

Who gives a damn to be honest. I can't believe with the shite we are in, people are getting all het up about a fat man singing on the pitch. We have more pressing problems that the cringeworthyness of that imo.

surely people are more concerned that he ripped the piss out of the pompey fans and this was organised by the club officially - it's fucking diabolical to be honest

Guest toonlass

surely people are more concerned that he ripped the piss out of the pompey fans and this was organised by the club officially - it's fucking diabolical to be honest

Not bothered to be honest

Not bothered to be honest

yet in another topic you i just read seconds ago you refer to the mongs outside SJP - they don't let mongs swear at opposition fans on national tv quite rightly, yet this guy would have had no way of knowing if he was on camera when he did it in front of EDIT: 47,000 (52,000!!  what year am i living in?!!)

been calling for a return of pride and class to the club for years, a major reason i was glad to see the back of FS actually, and this is not a step in the right direction

but granted, we've bigger problems

I didn't mind it tbh. As cringeworthy as it may have been, it will have made some folk sing, who wouldn't normally sing.

As much as we'd all love 50,000 passionate mentalist fans in SJP, it'll never happen. There will always be thousands of also-rans.

Guest Wally_McFool

The Top Chanter and the Geordie Dancer are embarrassing.

Almost as bad and cringeworthy as the smogs clapping like seals to pigbag!

Personally I wish the club would fuck off from rolling out clowns like this before a game.

The Top Chanter and the Geordie Dancer are embarrassing.

Almost as bad and cringeworthy as the smogs clapping like seals to pigbag!

Personally I wish the club would fuck off from rolling out clowns like this before a game.

it said top chanter on his shirt!!  riiiiight, could see it

fucking hell  :kinnear:

Guest toonlass

BREAKING NEWS: National outrage and cries to bring back public floggings as man swears and taunts away fans at crunch football match.

Much prefer the atmosphere when Danby has had a chance to stoke the place up beforehand - although if he starts doing it for every single match, it might quickly lose its effect.

To those whingeing about how it comes across on the telly...:lol: I'll let you pick out the irony.

Much prefer the atmosphere when Danby has had a chance to stoke the place up beforehand - although if he starts doing it for every single match, it might quickly lose its effect.

To those whingeing about how it comes across on the telly...:lol: I'll let you pick out the irony.

how highs your horse?

Danby's performance contributed to the best home atmosphere for years - amazed (well not really) that people are using it as something else to have a go about.

I'm far more worried about the performances on the pitch.

We would have had a great atmosphere regardless of that clown.

It was quite obviously in good humour though, wasn't it? Everyone around me was laughing, and in that sense it surely worked in getting peoples spirits up before a game. I'm not saying that I would like him doing that every week, but I really think people are over-reacting to nothing really.

pompey fans aren't taking it in such good humour i'd imagine, nor are the club - we're not talking about a random fan here, we're talking about a man given licence to represent the club with a microphone and the freedom of the pitch

i mean what do people want, to be a laughing stock in every single aspect of our existence?  we already are on the pitch, the twats in front of sky cameras, and at boardroom level now we have to make arses of ourselves with this type of shit.  next step will be foam hands and james brown playing when a goal goes in, not that that will be very often obviously

jesus man i can see it for the mackems game for obvious reasons but wheeling him out to swear at pompey fans, how is anyone defending it?