Shearer's duty is to build a new Newcastle

Dave

Guest toonlass

Time will tell, but the sooner this crashes and burns, and the sun comes over the shadow that is Shearer, will be the turning point for this club.

f*** you dude (not in an aggressive sense) i'll take shearer being successful and creating a successful dynasty at the club for future managers to aspire to any day of the week

i've never heard such w*** as this - someone wanting a club icon to fail, f***ing pathetic

isnt he the same guy that said we're already down and we should give up in the liverpool thread? new member by any chance? smell a bit like piss.....?

Ill be mighty surprised if we get a corner, nevermind a bloody goal.

No.

HTT, if i'd have been talking about anyone but Shearer, you'd have a different tune. How long did you want to give Allardyce, Souness, Roeder et al? Kinnear even?

Roeder wasn't a manager, why didn't you want him to have a 5 year stint? Because he doesn't ''understand'' this club?

All bullshit. My point is, we need an actual manager, proven etc. The club is in such a bad state can we afford to take a gamble and give five years to someone who has no managerial experience? What if we slip even further back?

Shearer should go to Southampton, or another club and prove himself first. Will he walk away if he realised he wasn't any good? What if we were to be fighting relegation in the championship, do we stick to this 5 year plan? He's got more chance than any due to his status.

If he does well, excellent, these few games he's been in charge don't really have much bearing, it wouldn't for any manager, but that's all he's got, however, there's been no great improvement like some suggest, it's still the same old shit. We are too much in the shit to wait to discover if he is really a good manager or not, the place that he should learn should be elsewhere, if he is any good then have his stint another time, if we can get ourselves more stable. Shearer could get rid of every player, but he can't rid the club of the shit that goes on upstairs.

Are you NE5 in disguise? Just get behind Shearer for the remaining 4 matches, nowt more, nowt less.

I'm sure the pair of them would have me bored out of my mind before anything like that would occur.

However, after not very much deliberation, it'd be Shearer.

what variables did you use to consider though ? surely if you didn't think you'd enjoy the occasion,next up should be, sellstoryability ?