How to save ourselves from relegation

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Our main problem seems to be getting the ball into the box.  As we cannot count on the current incumbents I reckon we should recall Lua Lua from Donnie and put him on the right wing/right midfield with a remit to get the ball into the box for Viduka and Owen.

Guest Brazilianbob

:lol:

So your plan is just to laugh at others suggestions.  Very pro-active of you I must say!

Lua Lua has been one of our most consistent reserve players this season and it is no coincidence that the reserves have only been drawing matches whilst he has been on loan at Donnie.

OK so it's called clutching at straws, but he is a relatively unknown quantity and just might take the opposition by surprise and create that one goal that just might keep us up!  Better than doing nothing at all and relying on the dross that got us into this position in the first place.

So your plan is just to laugh at others suggestions.  Very pro-active of you I must say!

Lua Lua has been one of our most consistent reserve players this season and it is no coincidence that the reserves have only been drawing matches whilst he has been on loan at Donnie.

OK so it's called clutching at straws, but he is a relatively unknown quantity and just might take the opposition by surprise and create that one goal that just might keep us up!  Better than doing nothing at all and relying on the dross that got us into this position in the first place.

I agree that he should be on the bench and shouldn't have gone out on loan with teh team in its current position. I was just laughing at the notion that this is how we can be saved. Gimpy's solution is as likely to keep us up imo.

Here's a plan,

Score more goals than our opponants,

and concede less fewer.

It might just work.

FYP.

Anyway, doesn't the fact we've scored more than our opponents automatically imply we've conceded fewer? :razz:

Guest toonlass

Here's a plan,

Score more goals than our opponants,

and concede less fewer.

It might just work.

FYP.

Anyway, doesn't the fact we've scored more than our opponents automatically imply we've conceded fewer? :razz:

Sorry sir.

Guest toonlass

You know, I think that's the first time someone's called me sir without adding "you're making a scene".

Or asking you politely to leave I assume, lol

Our main problem seems to be getting the ball into the box.  As we cannot count on the current incumbents I reckon we should recall Lua Lua from Donnie and put him on the right wing/right midfield with a remit to get the ball into the box for Viduka and Owen.

That's almost as desperate as rubbing my lucky cock!

Guest Heneage

You know, I think that's the first time someone's called me sir without adding "you're making a scene".

With a stronger midfield i.e. Barton, Guthrie, and Jonas, we will be able to create more, still the Strikers have to be far more lethal infront of goal.

Guest icemanblue

Win our games.

I've been saying this for ages, but if we'd won all of our games we wouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone.

FFS the lad can't even get in the Doncaster team, what he's managed 47 mins of play time during his loan stint, yet he's going to save our season ?

Give me some of what you've been smoking.

FFS the lad can't even get in the Doncaster team, what he's managed 47 mins of play time during his loan stint, yet he's going to save our season ?

Aye but Doncaster have a stronger better creative midfield than us!!;-)

We created plenty of chances against a side that planned a 0-0 from their bus.

yet that side managed to create the best chance

What's that got to do with anything? :lol:

We created three clear cut, golden, chances in the game and that is more than we've done for a long time. Oba's row-zedder, Viduka's right after half time (which, in fairness to the three strikers, was a smashing but of football), and that ridiculous sitter that Owen scuffed.

That's what switching to the 4-3-3 has done and i have faith in the formation. The dying embers of quality in this squad have been begging for some sort of method in which to get a chance in front of goal and Shearer's done the right thing in reverting to it, even though it was Keegan's.

Shooting boots needed from now on in though. :thup: