Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

I know I am going to get flamed to death for this, but I am starting to think that being relegated may not be the worst thing (in the grand scheme of things) to happen to this club.

We have a squad of total shite that are way to old and don't give a flying-fuck about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

We need a complete top-to-bottom clean-out of the club and that just can't happen in the PL.

It will be devastating financially and for the stature of the club. For a player clean-out, it would be a positive.

Yes, it will be a financial horror story, but the finances aren't exactly in good shape when we're playing Owen 120K per week for the performance's he's putting in.  If we got rid of the wages of Owen, Martins, Viduka, Colo, etc... the difference wouldn't be as significant.

Guest firetotheworks

Harper 7

Beye 4

Coloccini 5

Bassong 3

Duff 6

Barton 4

Butt 4

Smith 5

Lovenkrands 4

Viduka 5

Martins 3

Jonas 4

Shearer's made some glaring errors again tbh, he's shown potential but tbh he is way out of his depth.

Because we lost to Liverpool he is out of his depth.. f*** off.

i think that is fair enough tbh, he's out of his depth due to inexperience and the extent of our mire. it would take someone special to turn us around and, while he might turn out to be a very good manager in 2 or 3 years, he's not there yet.

FT

Your not out of depth after 4 games.  This how long we judge managers now?

but i'm not making a conclusive judgement. the fact that he's only been a manager for 5 games is evidence of his inexperience, if anything. you can't expect someone who has never managed a single game to come into one of the most difficult jobs in the league atm and work wonders. if anything im arguing that he needs time.

I know I am going to get flamed to death for this, but I am starting to think that being relegated may not be the worst thing (in the grand scheme of things) to happen to this club.

We have a squad of total s**** that are way to old and don't give a flying-f*** about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

We need a complete top-to-bottom clean-out of the club and that just can't happen in the PL.

It can be done in the prem man, the last thing you want is a relegation.

Which team has previously done a complete squad clear-out & replacement whilst staying in the PL (without the need for a mad billionaire to bankroll everything)?

Harper 7

Beye 4

Coloccini 4

Bassong 6

Duff 6

Barton 3

Butt 3

Smith 3

Lovenkrands 3

Viduka 4

Martins 3

Jonas 4

I know we're all supposed to love Bassong, but he didn't do his job when Kuyt scored. Also, most people consistently underrate Nicky Butt. He's certainly not great, and his passing can be atrocious, but he made many crucial interceptions and was far better than Smith and Løvenkrands. (Although, to be fair, he fucked up the offside trap for the third goal.)

We have a squad of total s**** that are way to old and don't give a flying-f*** about our club.  We need an opportunity to completely clear out the ranks and bring in a new squad of up-and-comers.  Releasing our high priced current squad will mean we can get in new players that are cheaper, which means we can have more squad depth, and we can bring in players that are willing to bust a gut to play in the PL.

Which team has previously done a complete squad clear-out & replacement whilst staying in the PL (without the need for a mad billionaire to bankroll everything)?

what happens after the clearout? we suddenly have better players? all that will happen is the best players leave, we're left with the shit we can't sell and we fill the rest of the squad with crap championship players. rather than a 'clear out' you should call it 'replacing the players we have now with worse players'.

Guest LucaAltieri

Fulham.

Guest firetotheworks

imo its martins fault we are going down this year, waste of a team space.  HEs been utter s*** this year.

Thats a new one. I'll add that to the list of everyone.

imo its martins fault we are going down this year, waste of a team space.  HEs been utter s*** this year.

So its Martins then, not the owners fault ?

imo its martins fault we are going down this year, waste of a team space.  HEs been utter shit this year.

:lol:

:lol:

womblemaster, are you really Joey Barton by any chance?