Atmosphere for Boro.

Guest Milburnthedog

Guest Milburnthedog

I hope the Club don't go with the foam hands, hooter blowing, happy waving of flag event that made the Pompey atmosphere like a kids party. (Yeah no foam hands but you know what I mean).

I'd like to see no music at all, just the teams read out and allow the atmosphere to build like the old days. With Boro bringing a few up there will be enough for some good 'back and forth' entertainment and a raised atmosphere. We really need a passionate crowd baying for blood, sweat and 100% effort.

Nothing other than a win will do and I'd also expect a best of season attempt from out level 7 corner who, when they are in the mood, raise the noise in the stadium considerably.

I can't see them doing the flags/bits of paper thing again, but that rotund fella is due back I think.

He's booked in, but i think he's got dates at the actual LA SCALA, and i think they clashed with the games, so hopefully not.

Guest Milburnthedog

Gawd strewth, he can't even chant at the same pace as the rest of us.

He's embarassing.

I can't see them doing the flags/bits of paper thing again, but that rotund fella is due back I think.

He's booked in, but i think he's got dates at the actual LA SCALA, and i think they clashed with the games, so hopefully not.

Aye, not seen an update since that (I think it clashed with rehearsals though rather than the actual thing). He was quoted as saying he wanted time off to do it though. :undecided:

Guest toonlass

I hope the Club don't go with the foam hands, hooter blowing, happy waving of flag event that made the Pompey atmosphere like a kids party. (Yeah no foam hands but you know what I mean).

I'd like to see no music at all, just the teams read out and allow the atmosphere to build like the old days. With Boro bringing a few up there will be enough for some good 'back and forth' entertainment and a raised atmosphere. We really need a passionate crowd baying for blood, sweat and 100% effort.

Nothing other than a win will do and I'd also expect a best of season attempt from out level 7 corner who, when they are in the mood, raise the noise in the stadium considerably.

I would love for this to happen, but worry that most of the ground wouldn't know what the heck to do if there was no music etc.

Guest Brummiemag

I would love for this to happen, but worry that most of the ground wouldn't know what the heck to do if there was no music etc.

Agree with both of you, as a general point I think at most grounds you go to these days the pre match atmosphere is completely ruined by music being blasted out right until kick off. Who the fuck wants to hear it, especially when its shitty dance music.

Far better and far more intimidating when the atmosphere was created by the banter and chanting between rival fans

The fact there's going to be a few thousand Boro fans there will help to create the atmosphere. Always been a bit of an edge between the 2 sets of fans and, with all due respect, the Portsmouth following wasn't exactly bouncing was it?

I think it'll be pretty loud come 8.00.  :coolsmiley:

Atmosphere will be vicious at the end if we dont win.

Be interesting to see if Ashley is there to face it, if it goes wrong

mate of mine is hitting toon the day of fulham home!  he was asking me the crack and i didn't know what to tell him other than when we lost the league under keegan they smashed half the town up :lol:

nasty could be the word in the upcoming weeks

I think it would be more effective if Shearer just picked up a mic, walked into the centre circle and gave a rousing speech to the crowd before the game.

This.

Guest Milburnthedog

The atmosphere will be great at the start, if the players roll their sleeves up and fight for their lives the fans won't let them down.

And thats the problem.

Meh, if the rest of the ground decided to make some noise then it would be a good atmosphere. 

I'm a little sick of screaming and singing my voice away every game only for the rest of the bastard place not to utter a single word, apart from to complain.

Didn't someone say the Longsands had been approached to play btw?

Yes i did,  they were asked to play at HT,  i'm out on Thursday night with 2 of the band so can confirm whether or not they're doing it.

It shouldn't need level 7 to get the atmosphere going but due to the lazy arses in other parts of the ground probably will so need them to start songs that the rest will pick up on and join in with,  no discoland rubbish!!

Guest toonlass

They should get Joey Barton, Shola, Cacapa and Nacho into the centre circle and ask the crowd what they think of them. Then just as things are getting tasty, hoy Michael "I only need one chance" Owen and Coloccini on too, just for good measure. That should get some anger going.

They should get Joey Barton, Shola, Cacapa and Nacho into the centre circle and ask the crowd what they think of them. Then just as things are getting tasty, hoy Michael "I only need one chance" Owen and Coloccini on too, just for good measure. That should get some anger going.

It's not anger we need it's unswerving, loud vocal support from start to finish.