The other sh*t teams' games - Hull 0 - 1 Man Utd, Sunderland 2 - 3 Chelsea

Dave

Aye I know. :(

Just one game though. Just win one game of football on Sunday.  :frantic:

Aye  :clap2:

EDIT : Come on goal difference

goal diffrence dosnt matter now. the fact we need to win (at least plus 1 goal) and Sunderland need to lose or draw we would stay up on goal difference. if we dont get the win it wont matter anyway

The goal difference in this situation was completely irrelevant.

The chances of Hull and sunderland both beating the big guns on Sunday, no matter what sort of team they both put out, is slim to none.

Win and we'll stay up.

Guest neesy111

Aye I know. :(

Just one game though. Just win one game of football on Sunday.  :frantic:

Aye  :clap2:

EDIT : Come on goal difference

goal diffrence dosnt matter now. the fact we need to win (at least plus 1 goal) and Sunderland need to lose or draw we would stay up on goal difference. if we dont get the win it wont matter anyway

a draw can still keep us up

Ah youre right. Just a reflex action to that goal going in  :thup:

Guest Petay

Am I going mad or is there a near constant noise of christmas bells in the background?

You're going mad.

Really?  No one else can hear that?  Christmas bells or chains being dragged along the ground (no that is not a rather obtuse metaphor)?

The chances of Hull and sunderland both beating the big guns on Sunday, no matter what sort of team they both put out, is slim to none.

Win and we'll stay up.

:thup:

Looks like the referee was pointing to the spot anyway when he blew his whistle.

It's a moot point really. He blew his whistle and then let play carry on. What a clown. Let's hope we can take advantage.

The alternative was he gave a penalty and sent-off the defender for denying a goalscoring opportunity. If anything he did them a favour.

But he'd blown the whistle; he had to follow that original decision. Still; what the fuck eh?

Guest Heneage

Win and we'll stay up.

I wish it was Sunday tomorrow.

yes, the goal difference is in our favour as well

Doesn't matter, does it?

If you mean Goal difference won't be a factor, then it will if we win and they draw.

If you mean that the 3rd made no differnce then correct as as our win would have put our better than them.

Guest toonlass

GET IN POMPEY......NOW COME ON THE TOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS UP TO YOU ON SUNDAY!!!! HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!

Win and we'll stay up.

:thup:

A win looked unlikely 90 mins ago and probably still is, but this result hasn't half lifted me.

Looks like the referee was pointing to the spot anyway when he blew his whistle.

It's a moot point really. He blew his whistle and then let play carry on. What a clown. Let's hope we can take advantage.

The alternative was he gave a penalty and sent-off the defender for denying a goalscoring opportunity. If anything he did them a favour.

But he'd blown the whistle; he had to follow that original decision. Still; what the f*** eh?

From the Mackems forum...

got this from my ref mate:

If thered been a time lapse or players had stopped owing to the sound of the whistle then no goal, but as there was no one effected by it and it was going to be a pen anyway, goal stands.