Xmen Origins: Wolverine

Nobody

Has anyone played this and seen the film? I got this "bought" (cough cough) for the old PC, but I'm a bit weary of playing it before seeing the film. I'm not a huge Xmen fan (or a fan at all, tbf), but I don't want to play the game if it's filled with spoilers for the film.

:dowie:

Movie/game tie ins are very seldom any good.  Usually just a blatent half arsed attempt to make even more money.

That said, Ive heard this one is good.

:lol:

Pointless jibber.

i bought it for a couple of reasons....mainly because at hmv you got a free 200 page awesome wolverine book...add to that the discount i get at hmv and the trade in value it has i'm basically gonna make a profit haha...but anyways...

Its pretty fun to be totally honest. If you like hack/slash games like conan or god of war and love xmen then i'd certainly recommend a play through at least....its very brutal...

Also very repetitive....the boss battles so far have been pretty much retarded. But its fun enough to keep ploughing through.

I haven't seen the film but i'd imagine there is some spoilery stuff....

Guest palnese

Movie/game tie ins are very seldom any good.  Usually just a blatent half arsed attempt to make even more money.

Goldeneye. Nintendo 64. happy days!

Guest elbee909

Definitely the exception to the rule.

I'm massively looking forward to Batman Arkham Asylum...  :snod:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay :snod:

Guest elbee909

But I didn't work on that! :D

But I didn't work on that! :D

Neither did I, was still a terrific game ;)

Guest Stephen927

Anybody remember Aladdin on the SNES? That was a quality movie adaptation. King Kong was decent on 360... Goldeneye is the boyo of movie adaptations though, hours of multiplayer fun had on that.

http://firsthour.net/screenshots/aladdin/aladdin-boss-barrel-rolling-knife-tossing.png

Never completed the game. Was stuck of a bit in a cave where you are on a flying carpet for years.

Ok, Ok lads you have ripped my comment to shreds!!!  :lol:

Aladdin was great, also does anyone remenber that Die Hard game on the PS1? 

Cant remember if that was a movie tie in or what but it was fuckin class.

http://firsthour.net/screenshots/aladdin/aladdin-boss-barrel-rolling-knife-tossing.png

Never completed the game. Was stuck of a bit in a cave where you are on a flying carpet for years.

That was easy, you only had to remember the pattern. I think it's the level in the palace after it I never got past.

That the one where you're in the airport at the start? Amazing game from what i remember.

Guest Stephen927

Die Hard Trilogy was class. Loved the first and second, 3rd was still canny.

This

Die Hard Trilogy was class. Loved the first and second, 3rd was still canny.

Shit, aye ive just done a bit of scouting and Die Hard Trilogy was out in 1996!  :kasper: didnt seem that long ago, man I am getting old I was about 14 when that game out.  I can remember it being a fucking momentus game with superb graphics.  Upon watching this video I was transported back 13 years with memories of actually playing this game, being completely fucked off after dying for the millionth time in the Skyscraper trying to find the lift before the bomb explodes!  :lol:  It shows how good a game this was if I can still drag up real memories of it 13 years later.

"You wanna stay alive?.....Stay with me!"  :coolsmiley:

Oh, and the music in the game was fuckin class!!!

What overrated piece of garbage this is! Granted, I'm only at the second level, but there's really nothing about this game that's good. At all. The fighting is extremely generic and just not any fun at all, it's a standard button masher disguised in all the gore. Speaking of the gore, somehow they've managed to fail at making that satisfying. The blood and gore's got a similar look to the blood in Fallout 3, which obviously should be a good thing, but it's not, it just looks like a piss poor version of that gore. The "real time healing" on Wolverine is the worst gimmick of the game so far, it's basically just a bit of red (still, doesn't look like blood at all) that vanishes off his body after a while.

So far, it's a watered down, cheaper, easier and a whole lot worse Ninja Gaiden II. Maybe it should be played with a gamepad, the mouse and keyboard controls doesn't work all that well, but in the end, that's far from its biggest flaw so far.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

I've heard its average.

Its pretty fun to be totally honest. If you like hack/slash games like conan or god of war and love xmen then i'd certainly recommend a play through at least....its very brutal...

I think you need some new warning signs :shifty:

Don't say we didn't warn you.

I've heard its average.

I think you need some new warning signs :shifty:

I for one was being kind :lol:

This game is the shit. It's just like Conan was. Definitely renting this.

It's shite man. Only reason it's been getting some half decent reviews is because it's gory. If you'd take away the gore, everyone would be saying that it's just another piss poor movie tie in.