Darren Fletcher - Should he be able to play in the final?

Liam Liam Liam O
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

good player,much under rated,shouldn;t have been sent off and the rule of no appeals is a fucking joke........................

but, those are the rules and the only time to change the rules is when it is fair and equal for everyone....sorry darren.

good player,much under rated,shouldn;t have been sent off and the rule of no appeals is a fucking joke........................

but, those are the rules and the only time to change the rules is when it is fair and equal for everyone....sorry darren.

He's been terrific this season, but I can't help but thinking that he'd be absolute shite if he ever moved to another team.

good player,much under rated,shouldn;t have been sent off and the rule of no appeals is a f***ing joke........................

He's been terrific this season, but I can't help but thinking that he'd be absolute s**** if he ever moved to another team.

you mean when comes here don't you

good player,much under rated,shouldn;t have been sent off and the rule of no appeals is a f***ing joke........................

He's been terrific this season, but I can't help but thinking that he'd be absolute s**** if he ever moved to another team.

Yeah, pretty much :-[

I used to think he's the type of player that seemed likely to end up here, but the way he's improved and the way we've declined, I can't see it happening now.

I used to think he's the type of player that seemed likely to end up here, but the way he's improved and the way we've declined, I can't see it happening now.

you're right. he's that sort of player and spot on with the "end up" phrase......29yrs old after 2 cruciate operations and the loss of an arm.

you're right. he's that sort of player and spot on with the "end up" phrase......29yrs old after 2 cruciate operations and the loss of an arm.

all the best sides are made up of players like him, with 3 or 4 of these despicable "trophy signings"

On a more serious note, I still think its a disgrace that they can't use the technology to show the ref made a mistake.

I realise that such things can't change the result of the game.

all the best sides are made up of players like him, with 3 or 4 of these despicable "trophy signings"

did you even read my post ?

edit..damn sorry. that was a question, what was i thinking of ?....shit there i go again :doh:

Is it overly cynical to say this: it takes a bad decision for a Man Utd player for everyone to get in an uproar about it?

No it isn't.

The way ITV were talking about it, as if it were some thing of national interest, some rallying call for us all to get behind, and that in some way UEFA should make some kind of special case, really did make me want to puke.

The rules might stink, but you can't change them for the final - if they're goign to be changed, it should be before the competition starts.

On a more serious note, I still think its a disgrace that they can't use the technology to show the ref made a mistake.

like they can in the prem (as in beye verses citeh). i don't want video reffing brought in for during-game scenarios but i can't understand why the prem allows this but uefa doesn't.

like they can in the prem (as in beye verses citeh). i don't want video reffing brought in for during-game scenarios but i can't understand why the prem allows this but uefa doesn't.

buh?  an exchange between you two that didn't involve old board new board or debt  :clap:

buh?  an exchange between you two that didn't involve old board new board or debt   :clap:

the difference i post a lot on other subjects aswell.

Is it overly cynical to say this: it takes a bad decision for a Man Utd player for everyone to get in an uproar about it?

Well I haven't seen it but apparently Abidal's sending off was wrong, yet I don't see a media campaign to have him play in the Final....

(I know, completely different scenario)

Difference with Abidal is that (assuming he made contact with Anelka, which I think he did) there's no way of proving he did it accidentally. There are no arguments with the Fletcher one.

Guest palnese

If Fletcher is allowed to play in the final (as I saw alluded to on BBC this morning...some sort of appeal process anyway) then Abidal Chelsea should be too.

FYP :)

Both Abidal and Alves' suspensions should be overturned too in that case. Alves' yellow came from a nothing challenge that was never a foul in the first place.

Not Alves. No. His yellow was deserved for accumulation and petulance alone. He was struggling to keep himself in check early in that match.

I'm tempted to give up on football if Man Utd win this appeal. Sure I feel sorry for the lad but this will be a total joke if they succeed.

was gonna write this myself actually, will be laughable if they succeed and i'd hope barca get on the same case with abidal 'cause his sending off was bullshit too

I'm tempted to give up on football if Man Utd win this appeal. Sure I feel sorry for the lad but this will be a total joke if they succeed.

Agreed. The rule is defined, otherwise we can expect similar appeals each year.