Pwnage: Barcelona bum Man Utd 2-0, win the CL

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm starting this thread because I'm still hyped after Iniesta's goal :celb:

Barca's probable line-up: Valdes; Sylvinho, Pique, Caceres, Puyol; Toure, Xavi, Iniesta; Henry, Eto'o, Messi.

Man Utd's probable line-up: van der Sar; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea; Carrick, Park, Anderson; Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov.

I think Fergie may play Anderson to specifically track Iniesta but if he doesn't, then surely Scholes has to start. Berbatov will probably start if he's fit because he's the £30m man and Tevez has been complaining a lot recently. Barca's defense looks weak, especially if they have to shift Puyol to RB to mark Rooney/Ronaldo.

I hope it's a good, entertaining game but that'll only happen if Man Utd decide to come out and play as well. Prediction: Barca 2-1

I want Barca to win but think Man United will. Just for the record I wanted Barca to win tonight too - it's just a shame Arsenal couldn't knock Man United out because then Barca would win it for definate.

Barca's probable line-up: Valdes; Sylvinho, Pique, Caceres, Puyol; Toure, Xavi, Iniesta; Henry, Eto'o, Messi.

Man Utd's probable line-up: van der Sar; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea; Carrick, Park, Anderson; Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov.

I think Fergie may play Anderson to specifically track Iniesta but if he doesn't, then surely Scholes has to start. Berbatov will probably start if he's fit because he's the £30m man and Tevez has been complaining a lot recently. Barca's defense looks weak, especially if they have to shift Puyol to RB to mark Rooney/Ronaldo.

I hope it's a good, entertaining game but that'll only happen if Man Utd decide to come out and play as well. Prediction: Barca 2-1

Decide to come out and play? :lol: I take it you missed yesterday's game?

Decide to come out and play? :lol: I take it you missed yesterday's game?

No, they were excellent yesterday.

But it'll be different against Barca. Last year, they had a team which was fantastic going forward and yet they sat back for 180 minutes. This year, their defense is better but their attack is not as explosive, so I think it's likely that they'll sit back and look to counter-attack. But I hope Fergie tells his players to attack because they can score against Barca and it'll be a good game for the neutral fan to watch.

Guest neesy111

i'm just glad that the cheating bastard drogba isn't playing in a champs league final again, he's a disgrace to the game and should crawl back into the hole in which he came from

Guardiola now has his sights on United after Iniesta sent them to Rome.

''Manchester are the champions, an unbelievable team and a coach with experience,'' he said. ''We are going to prepare well. I expect us to have the ball, them to stay back and to counter-attack.

''I'm sure it will be a nice final because we will attack, we know that. I know they are a huge team but we are Barcelona.''

Ha, what a cool thing to say.

Guest firetotheworks

Well, I got my wish. Wish I'd put a bet on this being the final now.  :angry:

Want Man U to win. f*** Barca, f*** Messi, f*** La Liga. 

:thup: Prem.

:lol:  was gonna chomp but this is surely a piss take

I hate this Barcelona w***-fest, was a complete farce today.  They were completely toothless in attack, all these great players and one shot on goal and barely a sniff at their home ground.  I thought there superb passing moves can tear apart anything.. obviously not.

Over-rated.  Surely a Man Utd win.

I hate this Barcelona w***-fest, was a complete farce today.  They were completely toothless in attack, all these great players and one shot on goal and barely a sniff at their home ground.  I thought there superb passing moves can tear apart anything.. obviously not.

best two teams on the planet, what's the fucking problem?  chelsea tried to stop them playing and it almost worked

anti-football can very often beat football you know?  we have been a great example of this in the past, doesn't mean people shouldn't have lauded us for sticking to pure attacking football principles

anyway you  :thup: the PL all you want, for me the PL is the Oasis of world football (successful but classless and brutish)...spanish football is Blur (all the talent but a bit foppish and less brash so they don't get noticed as much)

PL  :thdn:

best two teams on the planet, what's the f***ing problem?  chelsea tried to stop them playing and it almost worked

anti-football can very often beat football you know?  we have been a great example of this in the past, doesn't mean people shouldn't have lauded us for sticking to pure attacking football principles

anyway you  :thup: the PL all you want, for me the PL is the Oasis of world football (successful but classless and brutish)...spanish football is Blur (all the talent but a bit foppish and less brash so they don't get noticed as much)

PL  :thdn:

They played counter attacking football, they knew Barca had to attack them.  Not anti-football.  I wouldnt call 70% possession but one shot on goal great either.

Premier League pisses over la liga from a great height, Barca amazingly lucky tonight, sheer freak miracle.  Any other referee be a different and imo better final.

Cause I love the prem. Not much to it apart from that. The footballs the best there, the best players play there, best fans I think, too.

Wanted it to be CHELSEA - MAN U. I liked last year's final more than the boring semi.

Premier League pisses over la liga from a great height, Barca amazingly lucky tonight, sheer freak miracle.  Any other referee be a different and imo better final.

absolute shite on so many levels

as for the "amazingly lucky" part when the English sneak a win these days in Europe it's called doing well tactically, funny how that doesn't work for the foreigners eh?

chelsea are one of the most defensively organised and physical teams in European top flight football and they play on a small, narrow pitch at Stamford bridge that denies visitors room to play much like Highbury did for arsenal, it doesn't surprise me that they only got a shot on target last night

thing is, it went in, fuck chelsea

Barca will surely have a suspect defence for this tie (or more suspect than they normally are). No Alves most likely means Puyol playing at right back to nullify Rooney. If that's the case, then who plays in the middle alongside Pique, given that Marquez and Milito are no longer available? Would be risky playing Toure there again, I'm guessing Guardiola only did that to counter Drogba's strength/aerial threat. Caceres is a fantastic prospect, but he's one for the future, so it'd be another big risk to throw him in there (especially since Pique is a young and relatively inexperienced player too).

On the other flank, one would guess that Sylvinho will be starting at left back. Can see Ronaldo rubbing as his hands with glee at the prospect of taking on a small, aging left back who'll probably be having to make runs forward given Barca's playing style. Maybe Keita will play there, but again, that's another risk to be playing someone out of position.

Stating the obvious, but losing Alves is a major blow for Barca's attack, as he's a key component of what has made them so effective going forward. It means that ManU won't have to worry about getting Rooney or Park to track back all game to nullify the threat from the fullback spot, on paper leaving them with more licence to get forward. Will also mean that Messi gets less support than he's been seeing all season long.

Should be an interesting game. Hopefully. Whatever happens, it's unlikey to be as woeful as last season's snoozefest which an exciting penalty shootout glossed over, where ManU and Chelsea played the game like two relegation threatened Premiership sides, i.e. lots of running around and physical huffing and puffing, but no quality with lots of poor first touches and stray, nervous passing, which was shocking/embarassing to see given the names and the talent out there on the pitch. Luckily Barca going through has seen that bullet being dodged.

Cause I love the prem. Not much to it apart from that. The footballs the best there, the best players play there, best fans I think, too.

Wanted it to be CHELSEA - MAN U. I liked last year's final more than the boring semi.

wasn't last years CL final widely regarded as the worst since the CL began? :lol:

go Premier League

absolute s**** on so many levels

as for the "amazingly lucky" part when the English sneak a win these days in Europe it's called doing well tactically, funny how that doesn't work for the foreigners eh?

chelsea are one of the most defensively organised and physical teams in European top flight football and they play on a small, narrow pitch at Stamford bridge that denies visitors room to play much like Highbury did for arsenal, it doesn't surprise me that they only got a shot on target last night

thing is, it went in, f*** chelsea

Well its true.

Liverpool vs Real this year, was pretty conclusive.

Chelsea should of gone through today, they had more chances just bad refereeing let them down.  Barcelona didnt even look like scoring at all, not once.  Probably Cech easiest game of the year, with so much 'techical' ability, surely they could muster up more than single shot on target.. nope.

3 PL teams in the semi's.. should of been a all english final for the second year in a row.  Not that the premier league is superior or anything ..