Pwnage: Barcelona bum Man Utd 2-0, win the CL

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Want Man U to win. f*** Barca, f*** Messi, f*** La Liga. 

:thup: Prem.

:lol:  was gonna chomp but this is surely a piss take

I hate this Barcelona w***-fest, was a complete farce today.  They were completely toothless in attack, all these great players and one shot on goal and barely a sniff at their home ground.  I thought there superb passing moves can tear apart anything.. obviously not.

Over-rated.  Surely a Man Utd win.

You obviously haven't watched them this season then?

actually i've just noticed this bit in bold :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude has been arguing with me for an hour that they tactically contained a team who are "toothless" in attack

priceless

ye and you would argue that one shot on goal, chasing the game for 80 minutes is good :lol: priceless

aye, not as good as the team who've scored the most goals overall in europe and the CL being toothless in attack

0-0 suggests they didnt lose, that result away from home is good for a semi final first leg nope?  Tactics spot on comment were more for the match yesterday, where they didnt need to attack, just let Barcelona over commit men forward and counterattack them, only thing lacking was the goals.

are you mental?  chelsea were spot on but the only thing lacking was goals, the week before barca battered them and didn't score but they're toothless in a attack?

what gives man, are you trying to contradict yourself?

Are you thick?  Pretty simple.

First leg i said Chelsea showed them too much respect set up too defensively, Barcelona were easily contained.  Battered hardly!  Chelsea were quite comfortable and tactics did get a result for them and should of nicked a goal with Drogba.

Now a early goal at Stamford Bridge, winning position, know opposition going to over commit and suspect defense, counter attacking play = good tactics.

That too comprehend.  Jesus wept.

I hate this Barcelona w***-fest, was a complete farce today.  They were completely toothless in attack, all these great players and one shot on goal and barely a sniff at their home ground.  I thought there superb passing moves can tear apart anything.. obviously not.

dude has been arguing with me for an hour that they tactically contained a team who are "toothless" in attack

priceless

ye and you would argue that one shot on goal, chasing the game for 80 minutes is good :lol: priceless

aye, not as good as the team who've scored the most goals overall in europe and the CL being toothless in attack

Er Bayern have hardly been good this year if you think that result was special.  Check some of Bayerns domestic games under Klinsmann.  As your so in tune with European football.

priceless

You say that but they scored 1 goal from there one shot on target today when they were chasing the game for 80 minutes lol.  No defense there really is there, my toothless comment was pretty fitting on yesterdays performance.

0-0 suggests they didnt lose, that result away from home is good for a semi final first leg nope?  Tactics spot on comment were more for the match yesterday, where they didnt need to attack, just let Barcelona over commit men forward and counterattack them, only thing lacking was the goals.

are you mental?  chelsea were spot on but the only thing lacking was goals, the week before barca battered them and didn't score but they're toothless in a attack?

what gives man, are you trying to contradict yourself?

Are you thick?  Pretty simple.

First leg i said Chelsea showed them too much respect set up too defensively, Barcelona were easily contained.  Battered hardly!  Chelsea were quite comfortable and tactics did get a result for them and should of nicked a goal with Drogba.

Now a early goal at Stamford Bridge, winning position, know opposition going to over commit and suspect defense, counter attacking play = good tactics.

That too comprehend.  Jesus wept.

first leg stats home team first:

goal attempts 18 - 3

on target 6 - 1

fouls 7 - 20

offside 4 - 3

corners 10 - 2

second leg stats home team first:

goal attempts 9-11

on target 4 - 1

fouls 16 - 17

offside 5 - 0

corners  6 - 6

don't have the possession stats for both games but you mentioned 70% barca 2nd leg right?  first leg i'm guessing would be similar

here's a quote from the guardian match report, highly subjective i know but:

"Chelsea understand all the perils they will still face after being unable to notch an away goal, but the scope barely existed to mount the counter-attacks at the Camp Nou that Hiddink had envisaged. While Víctor Valdés did pull off an outstanding double save from Didier Drogba, it would be absurd to pretend that the Premier League club had ever taken the fight to Barcelona."

oh and "Barcelona then had strong claims for a penalty rejected as Bosingwa grabbed at Henry."  :kasper:

i've had enough of this now, i'll openly admit i might be a bit biased towards barca but you're taking this piss with this "easily contained" shit

priceless

Er Bayern have hardly been good this year if you think that result was special.  Check some of Bayerns domestic games under Klinsmann.  As your so in tune with European football.

who mentioned bayern?  they've scored more goals than anyone else in the competition, that's all i said

priceless

You say that but they scored 1 goal from there one shot on target today when they were chasing the game for 80 minutes lol.  No defense there really is there, my toothless comment was pretty fitting on yesterdays performance.

probably the crux of the argument here - i understand that no matter how good an attack is if the oppositions primary goal is to stop them playing then even the greatest will struggle

happens year on year in football, remember when man utd beat us at SJP the title season that wasn't?  similar stuff

you appear to believe that because people are waxing lyrical about barca's attack they should just be able to do whatever they want when they want

this isn't football manager or PES dude

Why take the fight to Barcelona when you have the lead?  When you know they are going to attack you and over commit too many men forward.  How many times do i have to repeat myself.  Can't you understand that, it's so simple. :lol:

Ye well that was then this is now, one shot on target for the 'best attacking team in Europe' when chasing the game for 80 minutes.  That's pretty inspiring.

priceless

probably the crux of the argument here - i understand that no matter how good an attack is if the oppositions primary goal is to stop them playing then even the greatest will struggle

happens year on year in football, remember when man utd beat us at SJP the title season that wasn't?  similar stuff

you appear to believe that because people are waxing lyrical about barca's attack they should just be able to do whatever they want when they want

this isn't football manager or PES dude

Ye your the one going on and on and on about Barcelona's attack saying Chelsea didn't want to take them on.  When in fact they got an early goal, and knew going over commit men.  They have a suspect defense (which can't believe argued against!) and it was the right gameplan to counter them.

Your just so pro Spanish football you can't accept that, when i think its common sense.

Why take the fight to Barcelona when you have the lead?  When you know they are going to attack you and over commit too many men forward.  How many times do i have to repeat myself.  Can't you understand that, it's so simple. :lol:

Ye well that was then this is now, one shot on target for the 'best attacking team in Europe' when chasing the game for 80 minutes.  That's pretty inspiring.

trying to be condescending :lol:  good stuff

chelsea tried to defend their way through a tie against the best attacking team in Europe and they lost so you're crying about the ref and ignoring the ref doing Barca in the first leg when they were totally dominant, a goal which would have forced chelsea out at stamford bridge then barca would have buried them

barca didn't cry about the denied penalty, they struggled through a difficult game last night and won it at the death

what's so difficult to understand about that?

Why take the fight to Barcelona when you have the lead? 

oh, just to answer this: because when you're only one up and a single away goal puts you out then it might be prudent to win the game, not rely on barca failing to win it because they didn't oblige!

:lol:

Ye your the one going on and on and on about Barcelona's attack saying Chelsea didn't want to take them on.  When in fact they got an early goal, and knew going over commit men.  They have a suspect defense (which can't believe argued against!) and it was the right gameplan to counter them.

Your just so pro Spanish football you can't accept that, when i think its common sense.

but they didn't, it's as simple as that!  the stats support it, possession and othewise

as much as like this barca team i'm aware ANY team can play badly and/or not perform because they're not robots

and Barca's defence is so bad chelsea breached it once in 2 legs and they didn't have the balls to play them in either game 'cause they know they'd have been played off the park, that's how simple it is

trying to be condescending :lol:  good stuff

chelsea tried to defend their way through a tie against the best attacking team in Europe and they lost so you're crying about the ref and ignoring the ref doing Barca in the first leg when they were totally dominant, a goal which would have forced chelsea out at stamford bridge then barca would have buried them

barca didn't cry about the denied penalty, they struggled through a difficult game last night and won it at the death

what's so difficult to understand about that?

Ye they 'would' of buried them, nothing like speculation is there.

I would rather see what was in front of me, a team who didnt need to attack would happily counter attack, as Barcelona are shite defensive.  Was the plan in Nou Camp too, i can't remember the penalty appeal exactly im sure it wasn't as obvious as the ones - notice its not singular - today. 

Royally screwed today, and they were the better team tonight.

With your Juve and AC Milan example earlier you must appreciate the art of defending. 

With your Juve and AC Milan example earlier you must appreciate the art of defending. 

absolutely, and fair play to chelsea for being the first team to stop them scoring at home this season

as i said before i prefer the way the italians and spanish go about defending when that's their gameplan but yeah, fair play to chelsea for that

still missing how Barca's defence is so bad and chelsea didn't punish it though

but they didn't, it's as simple as that!  the stats support it, possession and othewise

as much as like this barca team i'm aware ANY team can play badly and/or not perform because they're not robots

and Barca's defence is so bad chelsea breached it once in 2 legs and they didn't have the balls to play them in either game 'cause they know they'd have been played off the park, that's how simple it is

Barcas has always been vulnerable, Marquez gifted Drogba the ball first leg, and wtf was with them playing handball tonight to clear the ball.  I have seen Barca a fair bit this year, the goals they concede are so pathetic.

When your 1-0 at home, away goals count double, team is going to attack and throw every one forward.  Perfect for countering, but i suppose an open game is what they should of done tonight right?

absolutely, and fair play to chelsea for being the first team to stop them scoring at home this season

as i said before i prefer the way the italians and spanish go about defending when that's their gameplan but yeah, fair play to chelsea for that

Seriously explained this like 5+ times now!  Read them.

oh no, i read 'em, it paraphrases to "they didn't try because they didn't have to"

bollocks, and it doesn't explain the first leg or were they not trying then either at 0-0?

oh no, i read 'em, it paraphrases to "they didn't try because they didn't have to"

bollocks, and it doesn't explain the first leg or were they not trying then either at 0-0?

Why is that bollocks? if your manager of Chelsea you know the opposition going to throw everything forward, you would like to see open game?  Instead of hitting them on the break when they are over exposed ala Man Utd on Tuesday?  Why exactly is it bollocks.

Guest Johan

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00921/07s12-grogbagalen-6_921326l.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MdrBmMj2quc/SZXfMtZcuxI/AAAAAAAAADA/h7Fc2foq2bs/s400/chong_points.JPG

You are next!

Why is that bollocks? if your manager of Chelsea you know the opposition going to throw everything forward, you would like to see open game?  Instead of hitting them on the break when they are over exposed ala Man Utd on Tuesday?  Why exactly is it bollocks.

i agree with what you're saying about the tactical aspect, i.e. don't play on an open game - counter attack definately the way

what i'm saying is if barca's defence is/was so bad as you've suggested why didn't a counter attacking game expose this in the way arsenals defence was exposed by man u?  (not that man u played counter attack but you see what i mean)

i mean in your first line you're basically saying tactically hiddink tacitly accepted barca would beat them in an open game so even in the home leg he set up to stifle them and counter, yet you're calling barca's attack toothless!!

i see this as a massive contradiction in terms and it's why we've been slavering on for hours now :lol:

The Premier League is where all the money is these days, and you only need to look at the dominance of English teams on the tournament over the last few years to see that, these days, the Premier League is the place to be.

As for which league is most entertaining, that's entirely subjective, but Premier League fans generally travel in big numbers, unlike fans in Spain, providing an element of home and away support at every game. When an away team scores in the Premier league there's a roar, but in Spain the fans hardly travel so if the home team concedes there is sometimes just a silence. Also, the Premier League is starting to become more competitive. Man Utd may win it again this year, but in the last few years we've seen it switch from Arsenal to Chelsea to Man Utd, with Liverpool threatening this year. Spain has been a two horse race for a while.

I do believe the Spanish league provides more flicks and tricks than the Premier League, for the simple reason that players have more freedom to 'try things'. In the Premier League there is little room or space and so even the great players will only do a few dribbles or tricks in a game. There can be a downside to having such a fast and physical league - it denies the freedom of expression. Robinho for example is a lot less exciting on the eye than he was in Spain. But for all the flicks and tricks, you also see a lot of passing it about in defence in Spain, something Premier League defenders don't have the luxury of doing. And lastly there's the element of diving and playacting which can make La Liga very frustrating to watch.

Right now there is no denying that the Premier League is top dog and looks like it will remain so at least for the new few years, because of all the money being poured into it. As for what kind of football you like to see, it's a purely individual choice. There are good and bad sides to each league, but they're both great leagues to watch IMO.

i agree with what you're saying about the tactical aspect, i.e. don't play on an open game - counter attack definately the way

what i'm saying is if barca's defence is/was so bad as you've suggested why didn't a counter attacking game expose this in the way arsenals defence was exposed by man u?  (not that man u played counter attack but you see what i mean)

i mean in your first line you're basically saying tactically hiddink tacitly accepted barca would beat them in an open game so even in the home leg he set up to stifle them and counter, yet you're calling barca's attack toothless!!

i see this as a massive contradiction in terms and it's why we've been slavering on for hours now :lol:

I said hiddink paid to much respect to them at the nou camp.  Today Barca's attack were completely toothless, i mean chasing the game for 80 minutes your one shot on target is the very last.  70% possession and one shot on target.  With Eto'o, Messi, Iniesta all these players they are supposed to steamroll through teams and they come up against a good defense and they are completely out of ideas.  Especially in the dire situation they were in.

I've never been so uninterested in a Champions League final.

Normally I'd at least have a decent preference on who I'd like to win. No such luck with this lineup.

Saying that, I hope Man Utd rape the fuckers.  :laugh2:

I said hiddink paid to much respect to them at the nou camp.  Today Barca's attack were completely toothless, i mean chasing the game for 80 minutes your one shot on target is the very last.  70% possession and one shot on target.  With Eto'o, Messi, Iniesta all these players they are supposed to steamroll through teams and they come up against a good defense and they are completely out of ideas.  Especially in the dire situation they were in.

going round in circles now mate, 70% possession and one shot tells me chelsea put up a wall and did it very well you seem to see it that Barca weren't good enough in attack

we'll never reach an agreement on that, fundamental difference in how we look at things

The Premier League is where all the money is these days, and you only need to look at the dominance of English teams on the tournament over the last few years to see that, these days, the Premier League is the place to be.

As for which league is most entertaining, that's entirely subjective, but Premier League fans generally travel in big numbers, unlike fans in Spain, providing an element of home and away support at every game. When an away team scores in the Premier league there's a roar, but in Spain the fans hardly travel so if the home team concedes there is sometimes just a silence. Also, the Premier League is starting to become more competitive. Man Utd may win it again this year, but in the last few years we've seen it switch from Arsenal to Chelsea to Man Utd, with Liverpool threatening this year. Spain has been a two horse race for a while.

I do believe the Spanish league provides more flicks and tricks than the Premier League, for the simple reason that players have more freedom to 'try things'. In the Premier League there is little room or space and so even the great players will only do a few dribbles or tricks in a game. There can be a downside to having such a fast and physical league - it denies the freedom of expression. Robinho for example is a lot less exciting on the eye than he was in Spain. But for all the flicks and tricks, you also see a lot of passing it about in defence in Spain, something Premier League defenders don't have the luxury of doing. And lastly there's the element of diving and playacting which can make La Liga very frustrating to watch.

Right now there is no denying that the Premier League is top dog and looks like it will remain so at least for the new few years, because of all the money being poured into it. As for what kind of football you like to see, it's a purely individual choice. There are good and bad sides to each league, but they're both great leagues to watch IMO.

:clap: good to see you posting mate. That's very well put.

Also, kudos to dcmk and mrmojo for having a 3 page debate without resorting to insults. Good craic generally despite some repetition.