1 hour ago, loki679 said:

I was lucky that I happened to spot a bulge in my front offside before I set off a couple months ago.  Been checking them religiously before we go anywhere now, a blowout on the motorway must be bloody horrible.

I’ve seen some really bad blow outs in my time, touch wood we haven’t experienced one yet…

27 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Me van. I think it looks a bit better than the ubiquitous VW transporter.  Also none of them have a 3 litre v6 under the bonnet. 

53932543-EA0-E-4-DF5-905-F-9-F005-A477-C

Crashed into the back of one of them the other day. Was going to leave a note but was like, nah, fuck it. Small world. 

28 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

Me van. I think it looks a bit better than the ubiquitous VW transporter.  Also none of them have a 3 litre v6 under the bonnet. 

53932543-EA0-E-4-DF5-905-F-9-F005-A477-C

I quite fancy one of those myself, get a Brabus chip, and the V6 is a sublime engine. Much prefer that design to the new one as well. Kudos!

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Are your dealers' lots nearly empty over there too?

My friend runs a dealership and I’ve bought 7 cars off him in the past and he has pretty much the same stock minus what he’s sold for over a month now and second hand car prices are rising and getting a bit daft at the moment over here. 

38 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Beautiful

maybe but it’s been an absolute pain in the arse since I have had it.

it is very nice to drive though when it’s not throwing some kind of hissy fit. 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Does anyone bother with winter/all season tyres? If so are you swapping the tyres on your current rims or buying a new set of wheels?

:lol: I popped winters on mine like two years ago. They were laughs during the blizzards and just fine the rest of the time. I drive like a grandma, mind.

58 minutes ago, Adam said:

Does anyone bother with winter/all season tyres? If so are you swapping the tyres on your current rims or buying a new set of wheels?

we have a set of steel wheels with winters on which have done us on 3 different cars as they are all the same VW group fitment. If you have a sporty car sometimes steel wheels aren’t an option though as you can’t get them big enough to accommodate large brake discs.

Winter tyres make a huge difference if there’s snow on the ground. Whether they are worth it for you though depends on where you live. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I put all season tyres on my Qashqai after struggling a bit in the first winter after I bought it. 

I haven't noticed any drawbacks, mpg is about the same, but it's so much better in the snow and ice.

Been left without a car for nearly 4 weeks after mine either caught fire or was involved in an arson attack. Either way it's wrote the car off.

Sick of not having one whilst waiting for the insurance to sort it, so going to view one tonight, but being the anxious fuck I am, I don't think I can't test drive it :lol:

It's 7 year old, same sort and size of car I'm used to, just passed its MOT with no advisories, so in theory it should be sound, but knowing my luck with cars it'll fall apart when driving of the forecourt.

Edited by TBG

51 minutes ago, TBG said:

Been left without a car for nearly 4 weeks after mine either caught fire or was involved in an arson attack. Either way it's wrote the car off.

Sick of not having one whilst waiting for the insurance to sort it, so going to view one tonight, but being the anxious fuck I am, I don't think I can't test drive it :lol:

It's 7 year old, same sort and size of car I'm used to, just passed its MOT with no advisories, so in theory it should be sound, but knowing my luck with cars it'll fall apart when driving of the forecourt.

Surely you can just set fire to this one as well if it does have issues?

7 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

Got this over the weekend:

PjKmRk5.jpg

canny. Nearly had one of them twice. Wife ordered one and it got massively delayed so she cancelled it. About a year later I spotted a good deal and ordered one. That got massively delayed as well so I cancelled as well. 

Noticed the ULEZ around London is getting extended and it'll mean £12.50 a day if I need to go much further in than where I stay now. Once I secure a job I'll be moving down here fully so I started thinking I should get rid of my car and get something smaller that my lass can also drive. 

Started looking on Sunday night, on Monday morning 3/4 fuel injectors kicked the bucket. 

Guess ill keep it a bit longer. 

• Rich changed the title to Cars
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on the brink of succumbing to an EV, and can't look past the Tesla model 3.

Little bit of background info. I have a small family with two children and a dog and use my car for work purposes, of which im paid an allowance.

Always bought larger cars such as hatches and estates to allow for all the shit you need to lug around with kids and dogs, and all my work gear etc.

I've been in a Tesla and it's great and all, hyper modern and clean, but I worry about the practicalities of it as a family car/work vehicle. I've watched a fair bit on the Polestar 2 and there is something comforting about what you know, if you get me?

It's like a normal EU spec car, but with batteries shoved in opposed to an engine. And whilst it's boot capacities and range is so so when pitted against the Tesla, it still looks like it's more up to the task of my everyday life.

Anyone got either and can share any stories on their life with them?

Edit: This is not a useful response.

I'm quite interested in both of those models too.

I live in London, so a bigger car is that much more impractical. Parking is already fairly nightmarish and its really advantageous to have a small car for the frequent meetings you have driving around.

I also don't really fancy charging the car from a lead sticking out my window, and I cba to install a dedicated charging point on the driveway (which I believe is possible).

Interested to read the replies though, to foster my automotive pipedreams :lol:

Wife has a Q2 on PCP, had it 2 and half years or so, nearly new when bought (6000 miles). Audi been on to us to see if we want to change it, usually we’d just hand a PCP car back, put down a new deposit and start again. This time we’ve over 5k equity in the car and can get a new Black Edition Q2 for what we’re paying now (thanks to the used car demand).

Bloke at Audi reckons that used prices are nearing their peak (good sales talk perhaps) but Audi are putting their new car prices up next month, so we’ve ordered a new Q3 S Line for around £50 per month more than we’re paying now including the comfort and sound pack and upgraded alloys. Wait time is April, though all prices are guaranteed. Can’t help but feel I’m missing something, the Q2 (offsetting the equity) will have cost us around 5k over 3 years, that’s only around £140 per month.