North East team of the season

binnsy

Its normally around this time of the season that the NE team of the season gets picked,  we were talking about this at work yesterday and with all 3 NE teams struggling this season picking a team is really tough this time round.

There's not many positions easily filled, for example goalkeeper, NUFC have had Shay and Harper, mainly due to the sale of SHay but both Boro and mackems have swapped there keepers around.  I'd go for Shay based on his excellent form before his transfer.  Bassong is probably NUFC's player of the season and Collins got the award for the mackems so you could put them 2 players in as the centre backs.  Then the problems start, who plays fullbacks?  No debate that Beye is the best right back but he's been out all season so he can't be in it,  there's no one else from NUFC as he's the only full back.  Sunderland started with Chimbonda but he was ditched in Jan and Boro seem to have had problems with RB all season, sold Young, Hoyte was signed but rarely played.  Left back also not easy,  been sunderlands problem position all season and they signed McCartney but he's been out injured virtually since they bought him,  Boro's Taylor is a decent player but again struggled as has Pogatetz when he's played so i would stick Jose Enrique although even he has missed too many games.

It doesn't get much easier with the midfield and strikers,  all teams have created very little and no midfielders from any of the clubs have scored many either.

RM would probably have to go to Malbranque, mainly due to the fact the both the Boro and NUFC haven't got a right sided midfielder!! 

LM would normally have plenty of options with Duff, N'Zogbia, Downing, Johnson etc but this year they have all been poor, Downing was excellent last season scoring quite a few goals but this year hasn't even managed one,  Jonas looked great at the start of the season but hasn't scored and creates very little so as a result of being best of a bad bunch i'd have to go for Richardson.

Centre mid is a nightmare,  who do you pick from a choice of Butt, Guthrie, Nolan, Leadbitter, Whitehead,  Reid, O'Neill, Digard, Bates.

i know he's not popular on here but i think i'd have to go with Butt and O'Neill who would probably just edge out Digard has he's played more.

Up front i would have to pick the 2 mackems Cisse & Jones.  No boro striker would get near the team and our strikers have been equally poor.

So this is the NE  team of season that we came up with....

GIVEN

BARDSLEY      COLLINS        BASSONG      ENRIQUE

MALBRANQUE      BUTT        O'NEILL        RICHARDSON

CISSE          JONES

pretty sorry bunch,  if thats the best out of 3 teams then its not hard to see how all our teams are at the bottom of the league!!!

Cisse and Jones up front?  The two players Sunderland fans say are so poor together that they look like they've never met each other let alone played together all season.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Nicky Butt??  He wouldn't even get in our team of the year never mind a northeast team of the year :lol:  Where the fuck's Beye as well?

Cisse and Jones up front?  The two players Sunderland fans say are so poor together that they look like they've never met each other let alone played together all season.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Nicky Butt??  He wouldn't even get in our team of the year never mind a northeast team of the year :lol:  Where the f***'s Beye as well?

its not the team i would have picked,  its what we came up to between us at work,  4 toon fans, 3 mackems and a smoggie.

The 2 strikers are in as they're the only ones that have scored goals,  Butt's in, actually i have no idea why Butt is in, think cos the choice was so bad and Beye's not in the team cos he's been injured and missed most of the season.

If it is the players that is still present at the clubs then this:

Fulop

Collins, Ferdinand, Wheater, Coloccini

Malbranque, Downing. Richardson, Reid

Tuncay, Jones

According to PL dreamteam

thats even worse than the one we came up with....

Fulop

Tuncay, Jones

those are pretty decent players really, wouldnt mind having them on the field like

Harper

Collins, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique

Jonas, Downing, Richardson, Malbranque

Jones, Tuncay

Dont say thats a bad team?

Andy Reid would be a canny player if he wasn't so fat. If only he could pass a chip shop as well as a ball...

Fulop

Tuncay, Jones

those are pretty decent players really, wouldnt mind having them on the field like

Harper

Collins, Bassong, Coloccini (Ferdinand), Enrique

Jones, Tuncay

That's a not good team.

Fulop

Tuncay, Jones

Harper

Collins, Bassong, Coloccini (Ferdinand), Enrique

Jones, Tuncay

No thats not too bad but again it highlights the lack of right back, Collins is a centre half/left back and on this seasons performances, which is what i was basing the team on you couldn't put Jonas and Downing in,  they've one goal between them,  i expect a better return from a winger.

Beye's still made 20 league appearances. In comparison, Guthrie has 18, Martins 19, Owen 20, Jonas 21, Bassong 24. I think he's eligible - he has to be, he's the only one even vaguely competent.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Nicky Butt??  He wouldn't even get in our team of the year never mind a northeast team of the year :lol:  Where the f***'s Beye as well?

its not the team i would have picked,  its what we came up to between us at work,  4 toon fans, 3 mackems and a smoggie.

The 2 strikers are in as they're the only ones that have scored goals,  Butt's in, actually i have no idea why Butt is in, think cos the choice was so bad and Beye's not in the team cos he's been injured and missed most of the season.

Cisse and Jones both have 10 goals each, same as Owen (just in far less games).  Jones and Owen would be a better partnership as well IMO.  I didn't actually read your post by the way :-[ so I didn't know you were anything to do with picking it, didn't mean to take the piss with my response.

Beye's still made 20 league appearances. In comparison, Guthrie has 18, Martins 19, Owen 20, Jonas 21, Bassong 24. I think he's eligible - he has to be, he's the only one even vaguely competent.

Has Beye played that many??  he seems like he's been missing most of the season,  in that case he'd get the right back spot.  I thought he'd  only played about 10 games.

Guest Phil K

Second team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??

Man U's JUNIORS would play the best of all 3 teams off the park.

Guest LucaAltieri

-----------------------------The Gambling Gorilla

Northerngimp ---- Optimistic Nut ---- Stephen927 ---- dinotheprehistoricgeordie

-------------------Lien ---- Nixon ---- Kaizero ---- NewcastleRocker

------------------------------ dan b ---- Pilko