Scott Carson or Ben Foster

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something different from the doom and gloom of Newcastle United.

Simple question. Ben Foster or Scott Carson? Paul Robinson has been proven to be a decent keeper but nothing more than that. Christ Kirkland is not really consistent and is too injury prone for a keeper. Both Carson and Foster are having smashing season thus far. Who, amongst these two, should replace Paul Robinson? Or do you have any other recommendation, such as Nicky Weaver or Steve Harper?

For me Ben Foster is a better keeper. Both Carson and Foster are fantastic shot stopper, but Foster dominates the penalty box more. And he releases his balls quickly (due to good football education from Boothroyd), either a long throw to an advancing player or a long kick straight to just outside penalty box for King to wreak havoc.

Foster, to me, would soon be the best keeper in premiership.

Something different from the doom and gloom of Newcastle United.

Simple question. Ben Foster or Scott Carson? Paul Robinson has been proven to be a decent keeper but nothing more than that. Christ Kirkland is not really consistent and is too injury prone for a keeper. Both Carson and Foster are having smashing season thus far. Who, amongst these two, should replace Paul Robinson? Or do you have any other recommendation, such as Nicky Weaver or Steve Harper?

For me Ben Foster is a better keeper. Both Carson and Foster are fantastic shot stopper, but Foster dominates the penalty box more. And he releases his balls quickly (due to good football education from Boothroyd), either a long throw to an advancing player or a long kick straight to just outside penalty box for King to wreak havoc.

Foster, to me, would soon be the best keeper in premiership.

blueeek.gif

I have seen Carson have a couple of dodgy moments this season and Foster has looked very solid. Certainly both very promising prospects. From what I have seen it would have to be Foster but I have seen very little of either.

Chris Kirkland has to be one of the best young keepers that this country has produced. If he hadn't got so many injuries i'm sure he would be Englands no1 right now.

Out of them two............... it's bloody close but i'd say Foster. Just!

thankfully I've not seen much of Watford or Charlton this season, so I'm not sure how they are on a consistent basis.

I do know Foster is a couple years older than Carson and has played a lot more games than him. So maybe in a couple years Carson will be at a higher level again.

A lot of younger goalies may not be as commanding, being as they may not be as vocal due to older defenders in front of them. But it's something that will improve.

Carson is a very good young goalie and is getting just what he needs this season - lots of games and lots of shots to save. Cos if he does end up playing back at Liverpool, he won't be getting as many shots to save, so he may as well get the practise in now! He can work on his concentration and command of the peno area later. One thing I do know, he's better than Chris Kirkland ;)

foster probably the more complete keeper right now, but carson has alot more potential. shot stopping wise the best english keeper since james.

foster is a fantastic distributer of the ball though. something that's vital these days.

I am well convinced that if it was Ben Foster who was between the post last night for Watford, we wouldn't have won the game.

And how much of the game have you seen to be able to make such a conclusion?

More to the point, who the fuck cares?

Neither, both only there as cover for cover for cover for England.

Foster is better than Carson atm though, couldn't care less in 10 years though, if they are still a viable option for England we shouldn't be close to winning any trophies.

I am well convinced that if it was Ben Foster who was between the post last night for Watford, we wouldn't have won the game.

I'm convinced if Michael Owen had been upfront for us we'd have won within 90 minutes.