Arsenal fans left in droves yesterday. Such loyalty when they're not winning...

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

I know - they're not the only ones.

But all these fans attacked us when our fans did the same last game v Wolves a few seasons back.

The fans saw what was coming, and we were dropping like a stone, and needed SENSIBLE action.

What we got was the complete opposite from Shepherd and his horrific managerial choices.

Man U the following year, won nothing and their fans left in EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER on the last game.

The rags said nothing.

Liverpool fans have done it too (to a lesser extent to be fair). Now it's Arsenal's turn to have their fans turn their back on them in protest

Difference is, we weren't in the top 4 when we did it.

The aforementioned all have.

Though I've only ever done it once, tbh I don't particularly see the problem with leaving a little early if the game is done and dusted.

Those leaving when the game (and our very fucking existence as a top-flight club) is still in the balance want their heads banged together.

Agree with Dave on this one, to an extent. Leaving 15 minutes early does take the piss a little. I understand 5 minutes or so, as people do actually have lives outside of football. However in a majorly important game (i.e. tonight), it'd confound me to the MAX.

But perhaps more pertinent is my indifference to the whole subject when compared with the monumentally masseev match we have tonight.

i can understand why people leave early on late night weekday matches tbf, if you have to leave 15 mins before the end to catch your train then you have to do it. people shouldn't necessarily read so much into someone leaving early, most the time it's not a flounce out or a big statement against the side.

i can understand why people leave early on late night weekday matches tbf, if you have to leave 15 mins before the end to catch your train then you have to do it. people shouldn't necessarily read so much into someone leaving early, most the time it's not a flounce out or a big statement against the side.

This I don't mind, but some people sitting around me must live in very fucking inconvenient places as they seem to have to leave early regardless of whether it's a 12pm, 3pm, 5.15pm or 8pm kick off.  :no:

Guest toonlass

We can't really throw stones, every game we play at St James' there is a mass exodus between 80-90 minutes whether we are winning, losing or drawing.

We can't really throw stones, every game we play at St James' there is a mass exodus between 80-90 minutes whether we are winning, losing or drawing.

True, but we have a reason.

Guest toonlass

If it is 80 minutes and people are leaving tonight I'll be gobsmacked. Especially if it's 0-0.

I won't be gobsmacked at all.

Me either, in fact if Ladbrokes had a price for it I would put money on it happening.

That's something that always pisses me off.. there are always people who leave games early, regardless if it's St. James's, Old Trafford or Olimpico.. Yet at the end of every fucking game at SJP the cameras pan down to the inevitable exits shot and some dickhead like Craig Burley would always gloat how 'even the most dedicated fans have had enough so they leave early'... They haven't had enough, you depraved false teeth bastard, it's the 91st minute and even the bestest fans in the world at Anfield are queuing for the exits at that time.. funny how nobody notices them

Guest neesy111

i don't usually do it, but did v pompey because we we're awful for last 30 mins and i was disgusted at the 2nd half performance and we still would not of scored if the game was still being played now tbh

That's something that always pisses me off.. there are always people who leave games early, regardless if it's St. James's, Old Trafford or Olimpico.. Yet at the end of every f***ing game at SJP the cameras pan down to the inevitable exits shot and some dickhead like Craig Burley would always gloat how 'even the most dedicated fans have had enough so they leave early'... They haven't had enough, you depraved false teeth b******, it's the 91st minute and even the bestest fans in the world at Anfield are queuing for the exits at that time.. funny how nobody notices them

:lol: