Roeder on SSN

jackyboy

Roeders just been on SSN, I can't believe the crap he comes out with. He said that apart from Saturdays game, the fans could not criticise any of the other performances, I've beenpleased with the way we have played it's just that we havn't won (not important really)

He went on to speak about Ameobi being out and said that the fans realise now just how important 'The big man' is to Newcastle.

The man should be shot

Roeders just been on SSN, I can't believe the crap he comes out with. He said that apart from Saturdays game, the fans could not criticise any of the other performances, I've beenpleased with the way we have played it's just that we havn't won (not important really)

He went on to speak about Ameobi being out and said that the fans realise now just how important 'The big man' is to Newcastle.

The man should be shot

Very harsh and totally unnecessary.

I think the phrase you were searching for was "The man should be sectioned". :lol:

He was so quiet and the kids had just got inf roms chool so I missed most of it, did hear the "apart from Saturdays game, the fans could not criticise any of the other performances"

He really is starting to wind me up, why can't he be honest about it, he has to do that first before he can get to the bottom of the problem.

Charlton made us look miles better than we were and as a manageer surley he could see that?

Guest jan 1st 1985

roeder is losing the plot! how about manyoo away,bolton at home,charlton at home to name just 3 games where we was awful.the worrying thing is he refused to leave west ham when it was clear his time was up--same thing is happening now.he might well be a good academy coach,he is not a premiership manager.

Guest EstonGeordie

Really don't see how Roeder can get much of the blame for the state we are in. He has inherited a mess. The squad we have is pathetic for a big club like ours and that is the reult of poor decisions and bad planning way before Roeder came along. The players need to take some of the blame too. Can you ever imagine Lee Clark ever playing with the nonchalent attitude that so many of our current squad show?

Roeder should be given the time and the money to get us out of this. I think he could  be a brilliant manager for us.

We have so many problems now, getting rid of Roeder is only going to make things worse.

Really don't see how Roeder can get much of the blame for the state we are in. He has inherited a mess. The squad we have is pathetic for a big club like ours and that is the reult of poor decisions and bad planning way before Roeder came along. The players need to take some of the blame too. Can you ever imagine Lee Clark ever playing with the nonchalent attitude that so many of our current squad show?

Roeder should be given the time and the money to get us out of this. I think he could  be a brilliant manager for us.

We have so many problems now, getting rid of Roeder is only going to make things worse.

He seems to have no tactical awareness and wasted the summer fannying about and not signing the players we need! He can take a lot of the blame tbh!

Guest Gemmill

GET OUT OF TEESIDE.  The fumes have already done irreparable damage to your brain.  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest Micktoon

Sorry mate but bollocks. As I have stated previously we have a coaching staff consisting of Lee Clark, Terry Mac and Glenn Roeder one more brain cell and that lot could bark.

As for our squad, yes not the best but substantially better than a number of better organised clubs above us. Roeder and his single celled cohorts believe that tactics are an itty bitty minty sweet. Fuckwits the lot of them.

GET OUT OF TEESIDE.  The fumes have already done irreparable damage to your brain.  bluebigrazz.gif

Teesside. ;)

Our whole coaching regime for the past few seasons resembles and amatuer set up. Jobs for mates comes to mind. A big clear out is needed right up to board level, how can anyone defend Roeders decisions this season.

So far many fans still like the man but coming out with crap like he said on SSN will only he lose him this.

It should have been the case of thank you Glenn for a great job you did last season now go and build us a youth academy to be proud of and find us the next Alan Shearer/Peter Beardsley etc.

I cannot see what Roeder can do to get us out of this mess, the players are not responding.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif What a load of shite.

His buys, his team selection, his tactics and his substitutions have proven he is an utter fuckwit. The sooner we get shot the better. Although i'm not saying he should BE shot. Just sacked, never to darken our door again.

YES, there are major issues with Shepherd, but lets not let that detract from the fact that Roeder has proven himself unfit for the post.

Glenn Roeder insists he is feeling as much pain as the supporters due to Newcastle United's current plight.

The Magpies slipped into the Premiership relegation zone at the weekend after losing 1-0 at home to Sheffield United.

A chorus of boos rang round St James' Park at the final whistle and fans have since called for chairman Freddy Shepherd to stand down.

Roeder has moved to reassure the supporters that those within the club are deeply hurt by the current situation and has pleaded for understanding.

"The chairman is hurting, the supporters need to know that he is hurting as much as they are, and as much as I am and my staff are," Roeder told Sky Sports News.

"They've got to remember that myself, Terry McDermott and Lee Clark all played for Newcastle and we all know what it means to the supporters that the team is winning.

"We're not at the moment, so we know how much pain they're going through. They have to understand we are going through the same amount of pain and it's not nice."

After seven league games without a win, Roeder is now turning his thoughts to addressing the problems he has identified.

He added: "If you are going to solve a problem, you have to admit there's a problem in the first place.

"The problem is, just of late, that when we have played well, we haven't won games and there are different reasons for that.

"We haven't scored enough goals recently. The ironic thing is where the defence was heavily criticised in the early part of the season, the defence is actually doing very well now. We need to keep that going and remain defensively tight.

"We've got to start making some opportunities for the strikers we have available.

"I haven't been disappointed with the level of performance, although I've been very disappointed with the results."

The man should be shot

i agree with him tbh.

Guest Micktoon

The man should be shot

i agree with him tbh.

IIRC you agreed with the Scottish twat as well. Don't get me wrong your probably a very nice person, but fucking hell you're a shit judge of football managers.

I saw it. The way he comes across, he's almost quivering? He seems so scared, he's obviously in way over his head. I think its pretty obvious why he's got so many relegations on his CV - no bottle. Someone put him out of his misery (Preferably via a P45 rather than a bullet)

I saw it. The way he comes across, he's almost quivering? He seems so scared, he's obviously in way over his head. I think its pretty obvious why he's got so many relegations on his CV - no bottle. Someone put him out of his misery (Preferably via a P45 rather than a bullet)

Nah. He's just a bit spazzy.

Feeling a bit sorry for the guy, I think he's got a lot of qualities as a person but much less as a manager. I hated Souness and couldn't wait for him to go, but I can't bring myself to hate Roeder despite him playing his own part in our decline.

Guest Magnetic North

Feeling a bit sorry for the guy, I think he's got a lot of qualities as a person but much less as a manager. I hated Souness and couldn't wait for him to go, but I can't bring myself to hate Roeder despite him playing his own part in our decline.

I sympathise with Roeder to an extent.

Speaking to Newscastle World TV:

“Saturday was one of those days for us. It was the first time since I took over in February where I felt really unhappy with the players collectively.”

Hmmm, this is telling stuff. It's more confirmation that Glenn's technique is that of Mr Nice Guy. We've obviously got players who are resting on their laurels and need a f***ing rollicking.