Congrats Sir Alex.

STM

Deserves all the praise he gets TBH. One of the worlds greatest ever managers.

My tribute. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't stand him but you can't argue with his record.  I hope he gets the clap too  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest thenorthumbrian

I hate the man with a passion!!!

He's the most ungratious man in sport, it was a disgrace when he was knighted, totally devalued the award.

Agreed but knighthoods mean fuck all these days.

He's still numero uno as far as I'm concerned. To build yet another great United team is an incredible feat. If he wins the title this season, it will top all this other achievements. Apart from Rooney and Ferdinand, I don't think any member of the Man U first team would get into Chelsea's.

I don't think anything has to be said about his character. Complete grade A asshat. But his management "skills"? To summarise his United career. Shite for 6 years, Liverpool appoint Souness and go down the pan, United buy the league for the decade, as soon as someone appears who can match their spending power there title challenge evaporates. European career? 1 robbery, god knows how many more seasons of getting absolutely nowhere near winning it. Ordinary manager with an extraordinary chequebook.

Only reason he's lasted so long is 90% of the United fans haven't been "supporting" them long enough to remember anything different, hes just part of the furniture to them.

One of the worlds greatest ever managers? So thats why he paid £18.6m for an unsuitable replacement for someone who was past it 3 or more years ago...

I don't think anything has to be said about his character. Complete grade A asshat. But his management "skills"? To summarise his United career. Shite for 6 years, Liverpool appoint Souness and go down the pan, United buy the league for the decade, as soon as someone appears who can match their spending power there title challenge evaporates. European career? 1 robbery, god knows how many more seasons of getting absolutely nowhere near winning it. Ordinary manager with an extraordinary chequebook.

Only reason he's lasted so long is 90% of the United fans haven't been "supporting" them long enough to remember anything different, hes just part of the furniture to them.

One of the worlds greatest ever managers? So thats why he paid £18.6m for an unsuitable replacement for someone who was past it 3 or more years ago...

I understand why you're so anti, obviously, but I think you're being more than a tad harsh. Don't get me wrong, I hate the red nosed cunt as well, but you can't really argue with his achievements, even if some of his transfer moves in recent years have been highly questionable.

You're cock on about the European Cup win, mind, flukiest ever.

Like or hate, Respect.  He keeps a fine line between being a manager and getting on with his players or the hair dryer treatment follows.  Tough and a winner of... is it 19 trophies. 

Guest emre belezoglu

He is a wonderfull man. I remember when he was trying to sign me, he did everything he could but I said, my dream is to join Newcastle. But he took it like a man and said If i ever want to leave, there will always be a place at the club for me. He even called me up in the summer and said the "number 10 shirt is waiting for you" but I turned him down.

Well done Sir Alex

Emre

He is a wonderfull man. I remember when he was trying to sign me, he did everything he could but I said, my dream is to join Newcastle. But he took it like a man and said If i ever want to leave, there will always be a place at the club for me. He even called me up in the summer and said the "number 10 shirt is waiting for you" but I turned him down.

Well done Sir Alex

Emre

ROFL

Never said he was a great person, just a great manager. That is undesputed.

True.

The opposite, in fact, of who Shepherd employs.

Dont think ive ever heard so much shite in all my life. You sound like one of those people, who really want to know things about football, but infact you'd rather watch Touring Cars than a Toon match.

For you to say he's a ordinary manager is astounding. You fail to mention some of the amazing football we have seen them play, the youngsters he has brought through, The FA cups he has won, the list goes on. If you dont like the bloke fair enough, but dont say such stupid things. 

Dont think ive ever heard so much shite in all my life. You sound like one of those people, who really want to know things about football, but infact you'd rather watch Touring Cars than a Toon match.

For you to say he's a ordinary manager is astounding. You fail to mention some of the amazing football we have seen them play, the youngsters he has brought through, The FA cups he has won, the list goes on. If you dont like the bloke fair enough, but dont say such stupid things. 

What he said. Sounds like nothing but a pathetic rant from a bitter City fan.

Makes me wonder what you have to do to convince some people.

What a load of b*llocks!

:lol:

:clap:

Additionally the miracle he pulled off at Aberdeen before that, breaking up the old firm dominance but of course, that doesn't count, particularly beating Real Madrid in the final of the European Cup Winners Cup!!!

What he said. Sounds like nothing but a pathetic rant from a bitter City fan.

Makes me wonder what you have to do to convince some people.

Of course I'm bitter. This man has brought a generation of "fans" to United that make me want to hurl. I actually don't mind the real ones, but when you're listening to a phone in on local radio and a pissed off daytripper rings in to say "I don't pay my season ticket money to watch United lose"? He's got a lot to answer for.

Pathetic rant? I prefer to think of it as a blinkered analysis.  bluebiggrin.gif