Describe Gutierrez in one word

geordiedean

Anti-Robert

(as in Antithesis-of-Lauren-Robert) [Works hard grafts for 88/90 and lauded - nothing to show for it, as opposed to turn up for two minutes and win lots of matches and get abused for the majority of his tenure here].

I do like him btw, just don't understand/agree with the different treatment they both get.

That's the worst one word description I've ever seen.

Mind, I dread to think what HTT might deliver in this thread.

ithinkthathewouldmakeagreatplayerinagoodteamhisrunningopensupthespacesandhecanplaythesimplepasstohisteammatesbuttheteamdoesnothavethequalityorconfidencetoutilisehisstrengthsandthereforehehasbeenineffectivethisseasonbutthereisstillachanceforhimtoturnitaround

ithinkthathewouldmakeagreatplayerinagoodteamhisrunningopensupthespacesandhecanplaythesimplepasstohisteammatesbuttheteamdoesnothavethequalityorconfidencetoutilisehisstrengthsandthereforehehasbeenineffectivethisseasonbutthereisstillachanceforhimtoturnitaround

:lol: It's kind of amazing how easily my mind deciphers this.

Inconsistent.

I'd say he's very consistent actually.

He'll never be the difference maker you want in a winger, his end product just isn't there. But every team needs workers, guys who will put in the donkey work and run their legs off to create space for the impact players. Ji Sung Park is a bit like that for Man U, he rarely does anything special but he finds his way on to the pitch for most of Man U's big games because Ferguson knows that against other quality teams the difference can often be which side works harder.

If we stay up I'd want to keep him and see what he can do with some better players around him. Get a winger on the other side who has got a bit of quality in his final ball and a couple of central midfielders who can give us some better distribution and he'll be a lot less frustrating for us. He always shows for the ball and never hides, a team needs characters like that.

That said, I'll not be heartbroken if he leaves.

Guest icemanblue

Like a jigsaw with several pices missing

Long word, that. At least you managed to keep it to one line.