Keith Barret - 3yr Ban/£1500 fine.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Phil K

Wasn't he the pillock responsible for starting the bandwagon jumper crap about Newcastle fans post-Keegan (later denied by him - but I saw the telly interview where he said it)

If that wasn't him - who was it ?

Guest dazzanufc1892

true fan but comes across a right cock, its that shitty mafia shite that is the reason we are in the situation we are today

Guest Stephen927

Whats he expect to happen when hes holding a stupid banner aloft, he should have expected it to come under criticism. Shouldn't have reacted the way he did, I'm not bothered by the away travel he ran in the past, if you punch someone at the match (three times) then expect to get a ban.

Guest neesy111

good, you do not do that in a middle of a football match especially when we we're trying to get back in that match because we could of quite easily won that game apart from the stupid mistakes

players we're affected by what was happening in the stands

complain everything you want after the match

Guest Jinky James

Lifted from skunkers so maybe caution on the validity.

But, should it be true that's a shame.

Its 100% and he was lucky to avoid Jail as well

Guest Phil K

true fan but comes across a right cock, its that shitty mafia s**** that is the reason we are in the situation we are today

Its the usual thing when someone not too bright has people taking notice of him, and they play it up all the more because of the attention. They start to believe their dopiness is actually wit or intelligence or something profound instead of the peabrained stupidity it actually was.

"Whilst running Toon Travel I was also trying to run my haulage business which eventually failed, due somewhat to my travel commitments. My marriage to my southern born wife has also failed, this was down totally to my commitment to Newcastle United and not her. Thats a bit of background about me."

Sound's like a fucking flid tbh.

Can't question the chap's passion... tell me i have an agenda, but this development is a little bit of justice for the vast majority of fans who shelled out a fucking lot of money to be at the Hull home game earlier in the season.

It is because of what happened at the match at Hull in January when he pulled the banner out at half-time and after the game.  A lad took exception to it and a few words and punches were exchanged at the end of the game.  Having witnessed it at close quarters, I would have been shocked if he had been sent to prison as a post above suggested he was lucky not to have been (unless something else happened that I am not aware of).

good, you do not do that in a middle of a football match especially when we we're trying to get back in that match because we could of quite easily won that game apart from the stupid mistakes

players we're affected by what was happening in the stands

complain everything you want after the match

:lol:

So nowt to do with the fans then

I think some of the stick Keith is getting is a bit harsh. He's simply passionate about the club, and, like most of us, is upset at it's decline. He has his own idea of who is responsible, and has made it clear that he doesn't expect everyone to share his views.

You can't get away with hitting people at football matches, but many would have reacted in the same way in those circumstances.

I find it sad that a true fan is banned, while some fans leave games early, turn on their own players, boo substituted Toon players off etc.