Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know this is kinda irrelevant right now but he still cost us £5.7m, quite a lot considering the situation we're in.

I see he scored another two goals for the reserves tonight, but given that Keegan, Kinnear and now Shearer have given him virtually no chance whatsoever, I reckon we're just keeping him fit.

He'll be off back to Spain for a couple of million in the summer IMO. A farce all-round.

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon Shearer will send him out on loan and tell him to show him what he can do. He might be looking shit in training and for that he isnt getting his chances, but Shola looks good in training, and well you know the rest.

Guest Heneage

I know this is kinda irrelevant right now but he still cost us £5.7m, quite a lot considering the situation we're in.

I see he scored another two goals for the reserves tonight, but given that Keegan, Kinnear and now Shearer have given him virtually no chance whatsoever, I reckon we're just keeping him fit.

He'll be off back to Spain for a couple of million in the summer IMO. A farce all-round.

I'd be surprised if he's back off to Spain right away, he seems to have a good finish a nack for poaching and some pace about him, we don't have a poacher in the team with pace. (Anyone say Owen I will break your legs).

He cost £6m so to sell him back for half that after one season is bad PR and bad business. Players need time to bed in to a club, if a player looks at Xisco and sees that he's moved to a club had one year to prove himself and then been kept or shipped off it will dissuade new players from joining as thats a bucket load of pressure. He seems happy here and has no problem playing for the stiffs so for the time being let him. Pre-Season try him up top and see how he fairs, If Shearer ever does adopt the 4-3-3 he could be the Owen replacement with more options to his game.

It's a bit harsh to say Keegan and Shearer haven't given him a chance - Xisco was at the club for about 24 hours before Keegan quit, and Shearer is clever enough to know that a player who has hardly played any games in this division and is still adapting is not what he needs in an 8-game relegation crunch period.

Although point taken, Kinnear clearly hated him.

I think he'll play a role next season no matter what league we're in.

It's a bit harsh to say Keegan and Shearer haven't given him a chance - Xisco was at the club for about 24 hours before Keegan quit, and Shearer is clever enough to know that a player who has hardly played any games in this division and is still adapting is not what he needs in an 8-game relegation crunch period.

I was thinking about the praise and subsequent place on the bench Shearer gave Ranger. Has he even mentioned Xisco once? I think it's perhaps more that the club has accepted defeat on him.

Dunno why I mentioned Keegan really.

I was thinking about the praise and subsequent place on the bench Shearer gave Ranger. Has he even mentioned Xisco once? I think it's perhaps more that the club has accepted defeat on him.

I suppose so. I think those comments about Ranger were just in the wake of him signing an extended contract btw.

I can't remember him mentioning Xisco, although I do recall either him or something mentioning the way he "took Xisco to one side with his arm around his shoulder and had a word" in training - maybe suggesting "you're not going to play for the first team this season, but keep working hard in training and for the stiffs and there's a future for you?"

I suppose so. I think those comments about Ranger were just in the wake of him signing an extended contract btw.

I can't remember him mentioning Xisco, although I do recall either him or something mentioning the way he "took Xisco to one side with his arm around his shoulder and had a word" in training - maybe suggesting "you're not going to play for the first team this season, but keep working hard in training and for the stiffs and there's a future for you?"

Yeah, maybe so. But why say that to him when he was clearly willing to put even less-proven players on the bench (Ranger, for a massive game at Stoke)? Seems strange to write one player off like that.

Perhaps he just doesn't like the gays.

Yeah, maybe so. But why say that to him when he was clearly willing to put even less-proven players on the bench (Ranger, for a massive game at Stoke)? Seems strange to write one player off like that.

My memory is hazy, but was Xisco fully fit then? I'm sure he was just about coming back from injury.

Fully expect to be corrected on that btw, if I am then you're right, it does seem odd.

I hope he stays. We probably wont get much for him anyway. Then there's a chance that he might be a useful player for us next season, if not then sell him after that. For some players it takes time to adjust to the PL. And this season has been tough for most players at our club. And to be fair he hasn't had that many chances either and has also been injured.

Not easy for him so far, but i have a feeling he might worth to keep, what's there to loose?

Perhaps he just doesn't like the gays.

Xisco seems to like the night life. Plenty of pics on here of him living it up big style which might explain why none of the managers have been impressed. Personally I think he has the attributes to be a real force here if he wants it enough.

My memory is hazy, but was Xisco fully fit then? I'm sure he was just about coming back from injury.

Fully expect to be corrected on that btw, if I am then you're right, it does seem odd.

Xisco did his toe mid-Feb, Shearer was appointed some six weeks later. The Stoke match was another week later, so I bet he was back available for selection by then. Ranger didn't sign his contract until after that match btw.

How much do u guys think we'll get for him? A player who isnt good enough for the bench in newcastle, had a few injuries this season etc. My guess would be 1M if we are lucky, so keep him another season atleast.

Xisco did his toe mid-Feb, Shearer was appointed some six weeks later. The Stoke match was another week later, so I bet he was available for selection. Ranger didn't sign his contract until after that match btw.

It was probably agreed beforehand, like. But that's me being pedantic. It does seem odd how Xisco has been omitted though, you're right. There might be some underlying reason why - although if you think about it, the only catalyst is Hughton, maybe it's him giving Xisco bad reports to the gaffers?

EDIT: Although saying that, didn't Hughton start him against Hull (h), West Ham (a) and possibly a few more when he was in caretaker charge?

Was that Xisco on the pitch celebrating with Taylor after one of the goals ?

Probably irrelevant but it suggested to me (if it was him) that he is part of the squad and not some kind of outsider. Usually the moody one that cant be arsed just kind of huddle at the back of the dug out and dont run on the pitch to celebrate a goal.