james milner

Guest NUFC_FAN

Guest NUFC_FAN

i heard rumours that newcastle will sell james milner we must be ****ing crazy to sell him because he is an amazing player.

bluebigrazz.gif

I wouldn't go that far, he's decent at best.

I wouldn't be bothered about selling him if we had a decent replacement which Solano isn't. So we should only buy before we sell, which is tad hopeful seeing as we have no money.

Amazing? he still has a long way to go before winning most people over. He can have all the passion running around ability you want, but L Robert used to put in more good crosses per game than he does.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Milner to Villa  4 million.  loos almost certain.

Promised cash in January according to the fat one, but only after we have reduced the squad size even further, and reduced the wage bill.

Would be a very bad sale imo, hes got a great future, just needs to work on his final ball, he does have it as we have seen just needs more consistency. Is one of the few players playing with any drive this season, dunno if thats because hes trying to prove people wrong but fair play to him.

We've got four wingers at present who are 1st team regulars, Solano, Duff, Zog & Milner.

We'd get next to nowt for Nobby, Duff's just been bought so he's going nowhere so that leave the Zog and Milner.

I can see at least one of them being sacrificed in Jan (or begging to go). Of the two, and only if we had to, i'd be prepared to let Milner go to Villa for 4mil. While he's young and an obvious trier he still can't cross a ball properly yet (Palermo excepted - once), he runs into blind alleys with his head down too often for my liking as well, maybe he's doing this in an effort to do something, anything positive but he should be looking up more often (Zog too) and using his pace better before he turns into our Rommendhal.

If he's given proper coaching he may/will develop into a cracking player. But its a case of needs, and we'll need new faces in January and Milners a saleable asset that we may be able to live without.

O'Neill will turn Milner into the player he already has the potential to be - the fact that so many fans accept the likely loss of either he or N'Zogbia(I reckon they'll BOTH be on the move unless a takeover happens)

just shows how easily supporters accept second-best. There is no way that a Club like NUFC should be selling talented young players to rivals - could you have imagined Ferguson selling Scholes or Beckham to

Arsenal or Liverpool when they were 21 ?? Oh sorry, I forgot - Ferguson & Man U board wouldn't have let their club get into the state NUFC are in now....!

Guest robertbobo

so that leave the Zog and Milner.

Of the two, and only if we had to, i'd be prepared to let Milner go to Villa for 4mil. While he's young and an obvious trier he still can't cross a ball properly yet (Palermo excepted - once), he runs into blind alleys with his head down too often.

This is my first season ticket season so to speak so lambast me if you like. But here is my honest opinion. Having seen every home game this season we only have two players who will die for the shirt. James Milner and Peter Ramage.

If anybody in the team runs into blind alleys with his head down its The Zog. Every single time he beats the first man he gets caught by the second. Haven't seen him play one touch or beat a man and pass. Always, always runs into trouble.

Eleven Milners or eleven Ramages and we wouldn't be where we are now.

AND HERE IS AN OPEN MESSAGE TO OUR MANAGER.

Stop being loyal to players who aren't prepared to die for the cause. Bramble and a good few others will cost you your job. I mean it. Too many are operating at well below 100% and you continue to give them chance after chance. Be ruthless now. If not they will still be there when you are gone.

As if that hasn't been the case for years. The attitude and behaviour of our players over the last 5 years has kept sports journalists in headlines.

i really hope we hang on to milner - he is still young and showing a lot of promise. the only acceptable reason for letting him go would be if we be able to strike a deal with chelsea for swp.

Of the two, and only if we had to, i'd be prepared to let Milner go to Villa for 4mil. While he's young and an obvious trier he still can't cross a ball properly yet (Palermo excepted - once), he runs into blind alleys with his head down too often.

This is my first season ticket season so to speak so lambast me if you like. But here is my honest opinion. Having seen every home game this season we only have two players who will die for the shirt. James Milner and Peter Ramage.

If anybody in the team runs into blind alleys with his head down its The Zog. Every single time he beats the first man he gets caught by the second. Haven't seen him play one touch or beat a man and pass. Always, always runs into trouble.

Stop being loyal to players who aren't prepared to die for the cause. Bramble and a good few others will cost you your job. I mean it. Too many are operating at well below 100% and you continue to give them chance after chance. Be ruthless now. If not they will still be there when you are gone.

This post has made something click for me.

Milner and N'Zogbia were both excellent last season, with Milner even finishing as the 7th highest goal provider in the Premiership.

Both have been pretty poor this season, as you pointed out Zog trying to do too much and running into a queue of opposition players, while Milner has been running in to blind alleys and not always getting a decent cross into the box.

Both are around the same age and both are having poor seasons by their own standards as they have shown before over a pretty consistant period (pretty much a whole season) they can perform a lot better.

Now I do think out of the two Charles is going to be the better player but it does beg me to question why Milner is often slated on here where as N'Zogbia is often given excuses. Both have a lot of reasons to be pissed off (I think its fair to say Milner more than N'Zogbia given the final transfer day fiasco) but at least Milner doesn't look like he is in a strop all the time and works his arse off to try and make things happen.

I can understand people will be more on Charles side as he has done the business in the black and white shirt but to completely ignore the performances James put in for Villa last season is a little naive IMHO.

Guest Ridzuan

This post has made something click for me.

Milner and N'Zogbia were both excellent last season, with Milner even finishing as the 7th highest goal provider in the Premiership.

Both have been pretty poor this season, as you pointed out Zog trying to do too much and running into a queue of opposition players, while Milner has been running in to blind alleys and not always getting a decent cross into the box.

Both are around the same age and both are having poor seasons by their own standards as they have shown before over a pretty consistant period (pretty much a whole season) they can perform a lot better.

Now I do think out of the two Charles is going to be the better player but it does beg me to question why Milner is often slated on here where as N'Zogbia is often given excuses. Both have a lot of reasons to be pissed off (I think its fair to say Milner more than N'Zogbia given the final transfer day fiasco) but at least Milner doesn't look like he is in a strop all the time and works his arse off to try and make things happen.

I can understand people will be more on Charles side as he has done the business in the black and white shirt but to completely ignore the performances James put in for Villa last season is a little naive IMHO.

I agree.I thought both of them had a good time last season.But this season,both of them looked less impressive,especially N'Zogbia.Milner has been OK for us and I dont think we should sell him to Villa in January.At the moment,he doesnt want to leave the club,but instead its the other way round.

Solano remains our best right winger.

Milner is coming on, though.

Nobby has been shite for weeks now - Milner has been excellent. Lets not forget his cross aor Luque in the waffa last week.