Who should get the axe?

BONTEMPI

Wether win, loose or draw next weekend who do you want to see out of this club in the summer?

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Owen

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

For me and Jonas was close to being there but with a better quality side around him I think he could turn it around.

Guest LucaAltieri

Wether win, loose or draw next weekend who do you want to see out of this club in the summer?

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Owen (Unless he accepts a greatly reduced contract)

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

For me and Jonas was close to being there but with a better quality side around him I think he could turn it around.

The rest to stay on as squad players.

If we stay in the premier league there's no way we're going to be able to buy 10 new players who are good enough, to replace them.

Like it or not we wont be able to afford their wages so they will need replacing.

I still quite like Beye and Guthrie, but I honestly don't care.  Not attached to any of them.

Habib was s**** today,dithered every time in possession of the ball.

agree, looked so out of it. Like he had old man legs suddenly.

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

Very heathly wage structure for squad players...just add Owen there! Hardly any of the current Championship clubs have a total wage budget of these "squad players" of ours

If we go down which looks very likely now...we're going to need a total clearout both in the players and staff(except Big Al). With this level of commitment and work rate they showed today we're not coming back too soon either I guess

Guest LucaAltieri

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

Very heathly wage structure for squad players...just add Owen there! Hardly any of the current Championship clubs have a total wage budget of these "squad players" of ours

If we go down which looks very likely now...we're going to need a total clearout both in the players and staff(except Big Al). With this level of commitment and work rate they showed today we're not coming back too soon either I guess

Your figures are speculative and probably inflated by the media.

I'm also fairly sure I read that all clubs have to have relegation clauses in their contracts, so they wouldn't be on premiership wages anyway.

Also, Viduka's contract is just about up. I'm sure even in the championship we can afford to offer him more than he'd be on in Australia.

Guest neesy111

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

I'm also fairly sure I read that all clubs have to have relegation clauses in their contracts, so they wouldn't be on premiership wages anyway.

Also, Viduka's contract is just about up. I'm sure even in the championship we can afford to offer him more than he'd be on in Australia.

only duff's are inacurate tbh

Guest neesy111

every first teamer needs to go, they have all failed us apart from a couple, this clubs needs a fresh start, unforgiveably relegation will do it

Guest LucaAltieri

every first teamer needs to go, they have all failed us apart from a couple, this clubs needs a fresh start, unforgiveably relegation will do it

Do we have the scouting network to bring in the necessary quality of players to replace them all?

By that I mean players good enough to get us promotion and sustain us when back in the premier league.

Also, bare in the mind that players are easy to come by but it takes time to build a team. Scrapping what we have entirely will just make the process of adjusting all the more difficult. There would need to be a season of consolidation before challenging for promotion if we started again from scratch.

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

Fairly sure i read somewhere none of our players have relegation clauses in contracts tbh can see only Nolan and RTaylor still being here come the start of next season

Forgot about Shola how could I

Guest neesy111

Do we have the scouting network to bring in the necessary quality of players to replace them all?

By that I mean players good enough to get us promotion and sustain us when back in the premier league.

Also, bare in the mind that players are easy to come by but it takes time to build a team. Scrapping what we have entirely will just make the process of adjusting all the more difficult. There would need to be a season of consolidation before challenging for promotion if we started again from scratch.

we have to sell them as there all earning way more than they should be, every player is on more that what there worth and will need to be sold off to balance the books

no1 in the team is good enough imo, i've had it with many of them

Guest LucaAltieri

we have to sell them as there all earning way more than they should be, every player is on more that what there worth and will need to be sold off to balance the books

I'm not really in a position to agree or disagree with you. I don't know what the budget looks like for next season (and neither do you in reality).

However, I do know that if I was in charge I'd be taking that £30m parachute payment and putting it towards the wages of our better players. If we fail at promotion next season THEN get rid of them.

Worth the gamble in my opinion.

Guest neesy111

I'm not really in a position to agree or disagree with you. I don't know what the budget looks like for next season (and neither do you in reality).

However, I do know that if I was in charge I'd be taking that £30m parachute payment and putting it towards the wages of our better players. If we fail at promotion next season THEN get rid of them.

Worth the gamble in my opinion.

if they weren't good enough to keep us up, then i highly doubt they would be good enough in the championship cos that in some ways is a much tougher league

Guest neesy111

if they weren't good enough to keep us up, then i highly doubt they would be good enough in the championship cos that in some ways is a much tougher league

We're not down yet.

in my eyes yes