Ashamed

Golfmag

apologies if covered elsewhere but I despise the THOUSANDS of fans who left early today. What must the players have thought? How can we tell our players they need to care more when they witness that from the 'Best Fans in the World'

Guest neesy111

apologies if covered elsewhere but I despise the THOUSANDS of fans who left early today. What must the players have thought? How can we tell our players they need to care more when they witness that from the 'Best Fans in the World'

it would be nice if they showed some commitment today as apart from Duff, i didn't see anything from the other players on the pitch

we never ever looked like scoring after going to 10 men

it would be nice if they showed some commitment today as apart from Duff, i didn't see anything from the other players on the pitch

I thought a clearly unfit Oba did tbf.

Guest neesy111

I thought a clearly unfit Oba did tbf.

but did anyone else, viduka, butt looked shocking imo

I never understand people who pay £25 to watch a match who walk off 10 minutes before the end to beat the rush. You wouldn't leave a cinema 10 minutes before the end of a film to beat the rush would you?

You pay your money you take your choice though. Stay up or go down I'd imagine a lot of these earlier leavers won't be back next season. A lot of people seem to have had enough.

Guest neesy111

well today, unlike many other games, I thought they ALL tried like f.....k. Unlike all those early leavers. Have to go now as driving with one knee.

well we're the one's paying their wages, and it's not like they give a fuck about us fan's anycase

All made worse by people behind me on about one bloke being hugely negative (which he is, every week for the 5 years I've sat there). I just wanted both of them to STFU, I was miserable enough. Couldn't even cope with post match drinks, the bus home was depressing but short.

well today, unlike many other games, I thought they ALL tried like f.....k. Unlike all those early leavers. Have to go now as driving with one knee.

Use your hands yer daft bugger

No ,he's got Heather McCartney in the car with him....

Guest WashyGeordie

I didn't leave early, but this season, the players have been a joke, and i'm not surprised people didn't stay 'til FT 'cos today's performance just summed this season up.

The players care little about the fans, yet it's us who's paying their wages week in, week out.

Just like Hull, Stoke etc, we couldn't win our must-win. Yes, we beat 'Boro, but now that counts for nothing. We go into the Villa game needing atleast a point, but tbh, it's out of our hands now, if we go down, surely it rest's on the players. We definately have enough quality for mid-table, but we're back in the bottom 3. It didn't help with the whole back-room, but surely we should expect alot more from the players we have.

Too little too late.

Guest Heneage

To which the fans would respond, we've been here all season when you've not performed while still collecting a wage.

I thought both the players and fans were crap today.  Neither seemed to realise that today was actually a huge game.

We started celebrating too early after Monday. Simple as that.

Guest neesy111

I thought both the players and fans were crap today.  Neither seemed to realise that today was actually a huge game.

We started celebrating too early after Monday. Simple as that.

yeap, but it was good to believe we could get out of trouble, certainly the happiest i've been for awhile

I left early, first time all season as well. Why? Because we were f***ing shocking, didn't look like we'd get the equaliser and I thought I'd catch the earlier bus to save me waiting twenty five minutes for it. So f*** off.

never were, never did always get 50,000 crowds. Only since the last owners showed ambition, in fact.

Stayed until the end, i got the feeling that summik wasn't right from the begining. Maybe some fans thought we just had to turn up as we had already nailed staying up.

never were, never did always get 50,000 crowds. Only since the last owners showed ambition, in fact.

This thread is about fans leaving early and the effect they have on the team. It has nothing to do with Sir John Hall, Shepherd, or anyone from the previous upstairs gang.