Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Even if Manu will play with full reserves and probaly still can be able to defeat Hull...it's all down to us and our inability to deal with the situation. If we can't beat not to mention score against Fulham at home...what will it be against Villa away from SJP?  O0

Horrible this

Knew we couldnt count on bolton the twats.

Atleast now the players wont take it easy i suppose...they did step up for the boro game.

Clearly took it to easy today....and its cost us.

Gonna be crap waiting for Sunday now....im still struggling to come to terms with the idea of us actually getting relegated.

Generally though i feel we'll still come through it. Its just like Newcastle to drag us through this & still make it at the end.

Guest LucaAltieri

Depends on the team that's picked.

-----------Harper

Beye, Taylor, Colo, Duff

------------Butt

-Guthrie, Smith, Jonas

------Viduka, Carroll/McLoven

Martins coming on after an hour. I think we'll get the points necessary.

Same team as today with Colo in Bassong and I think we'll pick up another 1-0 loss.

For me, it has to be:

Harper

Beye Taylor Colo Duff

Guthrie Butt Nolan Jonas

Viduka Loven

If things aren't going our way, bring on Martins for Jonas and get Loven to push back into an advanced midfield role. If Jonas decides to turn up, take out Nolan and push Guthrie CM - we need him for set pieces.

If Viduka cannit handle it then bring in Carroll. Either way, we need pace somewhere in that forward two

Guest LucaAltieri

we need pace somewhere in that forward two

I'm not so sure. We're more likely to lump things forward than we are to play an inch-perfect through ball.

we need pace somewhere in that forward two

I'm not so sure. We're more likely to lump things forward than we are to play an inch-perfect through ball.

We're more likely to lump things forward with a forward two of Viduka and Carroll. It's screaming route one, see how many knock downs they can get etc...

I think we'll get a pen in the last minute.

Shola is on, he steps up, glances at his adoring fans:

:dowie: :harry: :kinnear: :no: ??? :weep:

Then belts the ball into the top corner.  :shifty:

:frantic:

Hope so anyway.  :lol:

I'm not watching the scores come in on sunday. Gonna go do something else for the day. I can't take it :(

You see, I'm the complete opposite. I couldn't do something else knowing it was all happening away from me.

I'm not watching the scores come in on sunday. Gonna go do something else for the day. I can't take it :(

You see, I'm the complete opposite. I couldn't do something else knowing it was all happening away from me.

I telling myself this, but come sunday ill be watching ssn somehow.

Lose 3-0. Start well, Villa come back into it, score a shit goal. Come out after half time, start brightly but don't create anything, get done on the counter, 2-0. Taylor sent off for two yellows and we totally capitulate, another easy goal and we spend the rest of the game hoofing it up to Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll who've all been sent on to try and get a goal. Owen touched the ball 19 times the whole game.