Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

It doesn't make sense to consider the situation we were in before Ashley took over?

He didn't take a top 4 side and turn them into shit, this has been a slow death that started under Shepherd. But yes, Ashley has failed, I've never argued otherwise.

The players we have almost got relegated last season, Ian.

Ian has tickets to ashleyworld just off Trafalgar falls.

I've never said Ashley has been a good owner, but people seem to forget how much we hated Freddy Shepherd and wanted rid of him.

I won't post again on this for a few days, because obviously everyone wants to get stuff off their chest (which is fine, I do too) - but I still think Ashley's failings are inexperience and naivety about football, not greed and self interest like some people try to claim.

He was trying to make the club sustainable, he just erred too far on the side of caution. And appointing Keegan was done to gain him fan-love, he was obviously not the right man for the system Ashley had in mind.

Can you run that 'system' by me one more time?

No, you know very well what I'm talking about.

Some real jokers posting.

It's all down to Ashley.

Fact is, he made a sound decision by appointing a quality manager in Keegan, but then he showed he knows nowt about football when he undermined him, thereby triggering the decline that has ultimately led to relegation today. It really is as simple as that.

When people said it was impossible to have a worse Board than the previous one they were full of shit, we have been relegated today due to those running the club being totally inept and totally devoid of any ambition. Believe me, when some of you get your head out of your arse and accept this you'll start to feel a bit better. Not that I care how some of you feel, tbh.

Unnecessarily personal mate, everyone is gutted about what happened.

By the way, we were heading towards the bottom of the league even under Shepherd, and doing critical damage to our finances at the same time.

How many people were crying out for another Albert Luque in the transfer window?

Stop whinging.

It's all down to Ashley.

Fact is, he made a sound decision by appointing a quality manager in Keegan, but then he showed he knows nowt about football when he undermined him, thereby triggering the decline that has ultimately led to relegation today. It really is as simple as that.

When people said it was impossible to have a worse Board than the previous one they were full of shit, we have been relegated today due to those running the club being totally inept and totally devoid of any ambition. Believe me, when some of you get your head out of your arse and accept this you'll start to feel a bit better. Not that I care how some of you feel, tbh.

There was a faint hope of redemtion in the Jan window, but ASHLEY acutally managed to make our situation more perilous.

It's all down to Ashley.

By the way, we were heading towards the bottom of the league even under Shepherd, and doing critical damage to our finances at the same time.

How many people were crying out for another Albert Luque in the transfer window?

Stop whinging.

What was it you were doing in that first post then?

(That's a rhetorical question BTW)

The "system" was bollocks, Ian. What he did was he turned Newcastle into a selling club. He said it was the "Arsenal model", but he really meant Spurs: taking the piss out of the fans by selling the best players. Of course, the difference is that Spurs are also willing to buy good players.

I've never said Ashley has been a good owner, but people seem to forget how much we hated Freddy Shepherd and wanted rid of him.

I won't post again on this for a few days, because obviously everyone wants to get stuff off their chest (which is fine, I do too) - but I still think Ashley's failings are inexperience and naivety about football, not greed and self interest like some people try to claim.

He was trying to make the club sustainable, he just erred too far on the side of caution. And appointing Keegan was done to gain him fan-love, he was obviously not the right man for the system Ashley had in mind.

It's like that bit in Apocalypse Now....

"Who's in charge here"?

"Ain't you"?

Sorry I've seen no sign of any kind of system whatsoever. Every PL club buys some youth players, they don't go around calling it a system.

The "system" was bollocks, Ian. What he did was he turned Newcastle into a selling club. He said it was the "Arsenal model", but he really meant Spurs: taking the piss out of the fans by selling the best players. Of course, the difference is that Spurs are also willing to buy good players.

But can you not see where he was coming from?

Newcastle had a recent history full of record-breaking transfer fees wasted on sub-standard players. The spending worked at the beginning of the Shepherd era, but by the end it had us well and truly in the shit.

I know Ashley cut spending too much, there's no arguing about that. Some people seem to think I love Ashley, all I'm saying is that I can understand some of his motives - and they aren't as evil as is suggested.

It's like that bit in Apocalypse Now....

"Who's in charge here"?

"Ain't you"?

Sorry I've seen no sign of any kind of system whatsoever. Every PL club buys some youth players, they don't go around calling it a system.

Nothing I can argue with there Parky. I know it should have been a normal state of affairs, but it wasn't with us.

It's all down to Ashley.

Stop whinging.

Posting facts.

My post wasn't personal at all, though I realise those who think Keegan is shite and can't admit it's been proven to be possible to have a worse Board than the previous one may think it was personal.

Who really gives a f*** anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" f*** off man.

If we're being honest we've gone down to a number of factors Ashely's mistakes being one of the most, if not the most significant. Everyone knows his mistakes so I'm not going to post them for the umpteenth time. So what, did Ashley tell the players to bend over and accept one win in their last twelve? Did he tell Shepherd to run the club into the ground financially? Did he tell the fans to protest and scare any half decent manager with a brian cell off? Did he wish a curse on the club so we were absolutely luckless for large parts of the season?

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors have contributed too. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its f***ing pathetic and it's going to acheive f*** all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, f***ing cretins.

But can you not see where he was coming from?

Newcastle had a recent history full of record-breaking transfer fees wasted on sub-standard players. The spending worked at the beginning of the Shepherd era, but by the end it had us well and truly in the shit.

I know Ashley cut spending too much, there's no arguing about that. Some people seem to think I love Ashley, all I'm saying is that I can understand some of his motives - and they aren't as evil as is suggested.

He could have invested, instead he gambled and lost. There really aren't any excuses needed for him.

It's all down to Ashley.

When people said it was impossible to have a worse Board than the previous one they were full of s***, we have been relegated today due to those running the club being totally inept and totally devoid of any ambition. Believe me, when some of you get your head out of your arse and accept this you'll start to feel a bit better. Not that I care how some of you feel, tbh.

Stop whinging.

Posting facts.

My post wasn't personal at all, though I realise those who think Keegan is s**** and can't admit it's been proven to be possible to have a worse Board than the previous one may think it was personal.

do you understand why many wanted the previous board out and were prepared to take the risk though ?

Who really gives a fuck anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" fuck off man.

If we're being honest we've gone down to a number of factors Ashely's mistakes being one of the most, if not the most significant. Everyone knows his mistakes so I'm not going to post them for the umpteenth time. So what, did Ashley tell the players to bend over and accept one win in their last twelve? Did he tell Shepherd to run the club into the ground financially? Did he tell the fans to protest and scare any half decent manager with a brian cell off? Did he wish a curse on the club so we were absolutely luckless for large parts of the season?

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors at the end of the day. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its fucking pathetic and it's going to acheive fuck all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, fucking cretins.

I should have said that.

I'm out of this thread, nothing to be gained here.

Guest elbee909

It doesn't make sense to consider the situation we were in before Ashley took over?

He didn't take a top 4 side and turn them into shit, this has been a slow death that started under Shepherd. But yes, Ashley has failed, I've never argued otherwise.

Me neither, but according to HTL there were 'people' who said it was impossible to have a worse board than the previous one.  I may be wrong but I think the crux of this rests upon one throwaway remark by one poster.  Oh, but we're all the same, aren't we, those that disagree with HTL.

The only thing that makes me feel better about relegation is people like him sat on their fucking high horse having to go through it as well.  'Cheers'.

I thought it was nigh on impossible to have a worse board than the previous one but I was wrong.

I do think there are a lot of people on here who seem eager to place the blame anywhere but at the door of the incumbent board when it's painfully obvious that they have done so much damage to this club that it's obscene.

It's not black and white, there are loads of factors that have lead to the downfall of the club but Ashley and his pals need to shoulder a fucking huge amount of it.

Of course it's Ashley's fault.  Not the fans, not Keegan, not Freddy Shepherd. 

Ashley was the owner with the opportunity to do something about the situation.  He tolerated the shambles of Hughton and Kinnear, allowing the players to take the piss and throw away points, when one more point would have seen us safe.  He made a profit in the January transfer window when anyone could see the squad was seriously sub standard and lacking numbers.  He put his faith in Llambias and Wise, and other numpties, and gambled on getting by.

There's no doubt there are other people who've contributed to this fiasco.  There's no doubt the club was in decline when Ashley took over.  But he's presided over a complete shambles and it's difficult to imagine how things could have gone worse.  He's a fuckwit, I can't wait to see the back of him.

I thought it was nigh on impossible to have a worse board than the previous one but I was wrong.

I do think there are a lot of people on here who seem eager to place the blame anywhere but at the door of the incumbent board when it's painfully obvious that they have done so much damage to this club that it's obscene.

It's not black and white, there are loads of factors that have lead to the downfall of the club but Ashley and his pals need to shoulder a fucking huge amount of it.

Good post.

yup. i thought it would be good times when shepherd left, he'd made a bunch of big mistakes post-robson, though tbf he had some excellent times before then, heights i'd love for us to reach again. i bought into all the bullshit about getting us challenging, good football. wanting to challenge for the league within 5 years. i was wrong.  :dave:

Good post.

Me neither, but according to HTL there were 'people' who said it was impossible to have a worse board than the previous one.  I may be wrong but I think the crux of this rests upon one throwaway remark by one poster.  Oh, but we're all the same, aren't we, those that disagree with HTL.

The only thing that makes me feel better about relegation is people like him sat on their fucking high horse having to go through it as well.  'Cheers'.

Shite post. Nowt's changed there. You must be gutted, seeing as your team couldn't even win the scotch league.

Who really gives a fuck anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" fuck off man.

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors at the end of the day. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its fucking pathetic and it's going to acheive fuck all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, fucking cretins.

I should have said that.

I'm out of this thread, nothing to be gained here.

Yup, grabbing the first escape you can with your tail between your legs...

Who really gives a f*** anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" f*** off man.

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors have contributed too. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its f***ing pathetic and it's going to acheive f*** all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, f***ing cretins.

Other factors?

They should hire you to spin the banking crisis.

Twerp.

It was his lifes ambition apparently.

Gumbie.