Fergie's possible team v Hull

Tisd09

Guest LucaAltieri
Possible United team v Hull on May 24

Tomasz Kuszczak , age 27 (league games this season 3)

Richard Eckersley, 20 (1)

James Chester, 20 (0)

Jonny Evans, 21 (16)

Fabio Da Silva, 18 (0)

Zoran Tosic, 22 (1)

Darren Fletcher, 25 (24)

Darron Gibson, 21 (2)

Nani, 22 (12)

Federico Macheda, 17 (3)

Danny Welbeck, 18 (2)

That'd be a disgrace.

Is there nothing in the rules about fielding a competitive team?

(I suppose if there was we'd have been done before now)

I think one of Park or Scholes will play as well. That would be disgraceful team though, Fergie wouldn't give a crap either.

I just can't see him sending that team out though. If there wa nothing on the game at all maybe but sure even Fergie has some morals. He has not only got a responsability to us, Boro and WBA but to the integrity of the Premier League.

That team is scarily weak. :no: The rest of the country will be in hysterics if it results in our relegation.

This whole weakened team thing probably puts a big importance on the Mackems game on monday. Think about it, if we do the impossible and win at Villa there's probably more chance of a Hull win than Sunderland beating Chelsea at the bridge.

Although will Chelsea rest players for the Cup final :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

As if Man United would do anything detrimental to themselves to spite us. This woe is me, everyones picking on us attitude has gone too far now.  :idiot2:

Guest firetotheworks

Resting players isnt detrimental to them, its beneficial

Detrimental as in aiming to lose the match.

Guest Stephen927

If Newcastle United were faced with that line-up, I'd seriously question if we would win.  :kinnear:

Guest LucaAltieri

Depends on the situation, doesn't it.

If they've been rotating players throughout the season anyway then it probably isn't necessary and could potentially be detrimental.

You only have to look at World Cup or Euro Championships to see what can happen to team that rests it's best players for a meaningless final group game. More often than not they look terrible in the first knock out stage.

Obviously Man United have a better knowledge of one another than an international side... but resting players CAN go either way.

I think it will be somewhere nearer:

Foster, Rafael, Neville, Evans, Fabio, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Tevez, Wellbeck assuming they lineup as expected in the Final and he rests everyone who starts.

There's no benefit in resting those who are going to be on the bench.

Guest firetotheworks

Detrimental as in aiming to lose the match.

A match in a league competition they've already won?

Yes, how warped are some people man? Do you honestly think Man United would deliberately aim to put out a weakened team specifically to send us down, y'know instead of it being for the CL? Honestly man, its a pathetically small time attitude.

Foster, Rafael, Neville, Evans, Fabio, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Tevez, Wellbeck assuming they lineup as expected in the Final and he rests everyone who starts.

The benefit is those players could pick up injuries. I'd love the above to be the team but it won't happen

The benefit is those players could pick up injuries. I'd love the above to be the team but it won't happen

Not impossible though. The other argument ofcourse is that he'll want them to keep a winning mentality, losing to hull will be embarassing either way. He might just play those who he only thinks will be subs.

Think about it, if we do the impossible and win at Villa there's probably more chance of a Hull win than Sunderland beating Chelsea at the bridge.

Although will Chelsea rest players for the Cup final :undecided:

Aren't Sunderland at home for the last game?

It's tough luck really. Of course Man Utd are gonna rest players, its pure common sense. As if they care about other teams, they're doing what's best for themselves. Nothing disgraceful about it.