Nolan

Doug

Listening to the phone ins driving home last night, I was embarrased at the fans blaming the ref.

Its no good blaming officials we are not good enough and thats the plain truth.

Nolan stood on the keeper with the sole intention of impeding him and Webb was looking for it.

That was Nolans only contribution to the game. He gave the impression of actually having his legs tied together, so difficult was it for him to actually move on the ball when an opponent closed him down. He astonished me that he is actually less mobile than Butt in the centre of midfield. I believe both players are highly motivated but simply are spent forces. No wonder we are going down.

Listening to the phone ins driving home last night, I was embarrased at the fans blaming the ref.

Nolan stood on the keeper with the sole intention of impeding him and Webb was looking for it.

That was Nolans only contribution to the game. He gave the impression of actually having his legs tied together, so difficult was it for him to actually move on the ball when an opponent closed him down. He astonished me that he is actually less mobile than Butt in the centre of midfield. I believe both players are highly motivated but simply are spent forces. No wonder we are going down.

But he didnt actually impede him.

Opponents stand close to the goalkeeper at every corner, in every game, every week

Dont understand people who keep going on at the players.

Reality is we all know theyve been s***, ofcourse they have.

The manager knows that & its down to many many things.

This fact does not then justify any result going against us unfairly. You cannot go "oh but its deserved because we're crap".

Complete nonsense. We've had a goal disaalowed v portsmouth, 1 offside & one foul against liverpool both end up as goals, against boro we score a ridiculously unlucky own goal, yesterday we've two off the line...hit a post..had a goal dissallowed & had a player sent off. Having already been the side with the most red cards & pens against by far this season.

If ever we're allowed to feel unlucky as f*** it is right this very moment. We deserved a point.

Viduka of all players deserved his goal. Theres was nothing undeserved about it. If you score a goal you deserve it, the players overall performance doesnt come into it. If they did enough to get it into a goalscoring position & then get the goal. How in the fuck were we "not good enough".

Its a common reaction to rail and cry about how its everyone elses fault and bad luck etc.

Good teams make their own luck.

A good team comes storming back with buzzing midfielders pressing the opposition and overlapping attacking wide men providing service to the strikers. More chances get converted and the odd setback gets forgotten.

Sadly this lot are not a good team so people cling to perceived injustices and bad luck which just sounds pathetic after a while IMO.

Guest Heneage

Intention was there mate I totally agree. But you watch and he's behind the keeper and his hand touches his shoulder, its the defender that impedes him.

Except Martins, he's fair game right?  O0

Nolan's use of the ball isn't too bad tbh, the problem is he just can't run. He is so slow lumbering up and down the pitch the game mostly just passes him by. I see Bolton are rumoured to be in for Barton in the summer. Ironic that they'll have off-loaded a championship level midfielder to us while taking our one quality schemer off us. Says it all if it happens.

Guest Phil K

Nolan did nothing of the sort.

He did what players ALWAYS do - the aussie just made a meal of it and Webb fell for it - but he was waiting for a chance to do just that, as Shearer said.

Nolan was crap though, no doubt.

He's been a MASSIVE disappointment

Ryan whatsit hasn't - we all thought he'd be crap, and he's been worse than that

Kinnear management at its expected worst

Its a common reaction to rail and cry about how its everyone elses fault and bad luck etc.

Good teams make their own luck.

A good team comes storming back with buzzing midfielders pressing the opposition and overlapping attacking wide men providing service to the strikers. More chances get converted and the odd setback gets forgotten.

Sadly this lot are not a good team so people cling to perceived injustices and bad luck which just sounds pathetic after a while IMO.

Problem is we're not a good team.

We're probably a team that is just about good enough. A side that deserves to stay up JUST ABOUT.

This kind of side is massively effected by crap decisions. The end result is we deserve to get more than we do regardless. Think theres a realistic case to be made about us being unlucky this season & that being a good part of why we are where we are.

Except Martins, he's fair game right?  O0

Not sure one post could be put under the category of someone who keeps going on about something. But then again thats just common sense for you again huh  :thup: