Has Apathy Now Set in?

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Thinking that I would angry, sad, etc at the prospect of relegation, for me i'm just resigned to it and now can't really be arsed with football much now

Guest Phil K

Thinking that I would angry, sad, etc at the prospect of relegation, for me i'm just resigned to it and now can't really be arsed with football much now

I've been expecting the worst for some months

But still feel gut-wrenched. Betrayed.

I had a really bad feeling about the match yesterday.

That turned out correct.

I've been expecting the worst for some months

But still feel gut-wrenched. Betrayed.

I had a really bad feeling about the match yesterday.

That turned out correct.

This.

Guest neesy111

Far too many "supporters" are certain we are down for my liking.

this is newcastle we're talking about, and when have this set of players actually went to win a match which we weren't expecting

Tbh we can do fook all after trying all season backing them with very little response from the players and management .

this is newcastle we're talking about, and when have this set of players actually went to win a match which we weren't expecting

We probably won't need to win.

Guest neesy111

true but we should be going out for the win

Portsmouth away and Villa at home, who was expecting those wins?

Guest diddimz

Didn't want to accept it months ago, slowly became resigned to the fact recently, until we beat Boro, and then I thought we would stay up, got my hopes up, and now I've been disapointed.Again.

The apathy comes from the fact our fate is now out of our hands. We could beat Villa and still get relegated. There may very well be a final twist in this relegation battle but the failure to beat Pompey and get even a point from Fulham in two of our three 'must win matches' has deflated many fans who are now not expecting much.

No point going balls out at Villa and getting picked off on the break when a point may do the trick.

No point sitting tight and trying to defend for the point because we can't defend.  :undecided:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

No apathy here, relegation scares the shit out of me and I haven't accepted it either, despite what some say we're not down yet.

This. Dreading Villa but at the same time want it done with and to know where we'll be next season. I still believe absolutely we can stay up.

To be honest after monday nights highs yesterdays just kicked the shit out of everybody the emotional fall has just been to great. Do i want us to get result we need at Villa and Manure to beat Hull? Of course do I have any faith that we will? No

I am the other way round, for weeks i kind of accepted we were down and thought oh well chance to clear out,a fresh start, some new grounds to visit etc but coming out the stadium yesterday it really hit home that we are going down.

Guest Phil K

Like the old saying goes - let down once, understandable.

Let down twice, worrying

Let down DOZENS of times, thinking the worst is EXPECTED.

And we've been let down for MOST of the games this season.

Would you bet much on us staying up ? Odds are heavily in favour of going DOWN - bookmakers don't throw money away.

We have a set of players who have let us down time after time, and are now just laying down and accepting the inevitable, (because a LOT of them will be elsewhere next season) - even more than we who have now given up.

Guest Phil K

Yes we will. Even then it won't be enough, thanks to the dogs dinner of yesterday

Hull will comfortably beat Man U juniors

Like the old saying goes - let down once, understandable.

Let down twice, worrying

Let down DOZENS of times, thinking the worst is EXPECTED.

And we've been let down for MOST of the games this season.

Would you bet much on us staying up ? Odds are heavily in favour of going DOWN - bookmakers don't throw money away.

We have a set of players who have let us down time after time, and are now just laying down and accepting the inevitable, (because a LOT of them will be elsewhere next season) - even more than we who have now given up.

But it's not inevitable!

And a lot of "supporters" are already talking like it's already happened.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

We beat Villa and Chelsea beat the Mackems and we are there. Stay positive.