Nothings changed

Guest dover

Guest dover

Been reading the reactions to our defeat by Fulham and have been a bit surprised at the negativity to be honest. Yes we needed a win, but if we`d got it we would need a draw at Villa to be safe. We still need a draw at Villa to be safe. Heres their two scenarios:

Man utd play a second string - everyone of their second string is better than Hulls first 11. Every one of man utds second string will be trying to get into next seasons squad, or the champions league squad. Man Utd win.

Man Utd play 1st eleven - Yes there will be some ducking out of challanges thinking about CL final, but even withstanding that they will crucify Hull, who are equally as gash as we are. Man Utd win.

We were poor against fulham, but to be honest if we`d won the scenario would be exactly the same. Im just thankful Bolton didnt crumble. Were good enough to scrape a draw at Villa, and that is good enough for survival, so fuck all this bollocks about being down already, and Man utd conspiracy shite, were staying up, end of story.

Been reading the reactions to our defeat by Fulham and have been a bit surprised at the negativity to be honest. Yes we needed a win, but if we`d got it we would need a draw at Villa to be safe. We still need a draw at Villa to be safe. Heres their two scenarios:

Man utd play a second string - everyone of their second string is better than Hulls first 11. Every one of man utds second string will be trying to get into next seasons squad, or the champions league squad. Man Utd win.

Man Utd play 1st eleven - Yes there will be some ducking out of challanges thinking about CL final, but even withstanding that they will crucify Hull, who are equally as gash as we are. Man Utd win.

We were poor against fulham, but to be honest if we`d won the scenario would be exactly the same. Im just thankful Bolton didnt crumble. Were good enough to scrape a draw at Villa, and that is good enough for survival, so fuck all this bollocks about being down already, and Man utd conspiracy shite, were staying up, end of story.

Your optimism is pretty much the only thing to admire about that post.

The situation's not the same at all - you need to better their result; if you'd beaten Fulham you could have lost and probably still been safe.

Eh?

If we'd beaten Fulham we'd be on 37 points; two more than Hull. You're convinced Hull will lose to Man Utd so even a draw against Fulham would have been enough.

Of course things have changed.

The obvious single difference is that now we have to get a point atleast against villa.

I think the way we've played the last two games...the run of form villa are on....its very realistic that we could get a point atleast.

We deserved atleast a point to a very good fulham side who have been in great form for ages, been playing far better than villa as their result against them showed. Id say its also very realistic that Man united will beat hull.

So its more likely to go our way when you ignore the natural feeling of negativity following another loss.

Still this being Newcastle...and the last minute equalizers against us, sending offs, pens against etc. You do get the feeling that if ever Hull were going to pull off a result against united its this season. Also Fagan the guy we crippled for half a season kept them in the game v bolton...cleared two off the line & scored to get the point. So it just seems to be going the wrong way, but hopefully that was left at last week.

We're all just preparing ourselves for the worst, if we haven't already, thats all.

Villa are near the top for good reason and despite drawing at boro, they'll be at home and our record is pathetic.

I'm resigned to us going down if I'm honest. So much has changed and the chance we have left is so slim but of course, its still a chance.. I just have no faith we'll surprise everyone, after so much dross we've served up this season.

Guest Magpiecn

If we stay up,I'll treat it as my most precious gift ,but,if we relegate,maybe i wont too sad,Ive well prepared for it.

But I  admire your optimism,dover,really.

As others have done, I applaud the optimism but I just don't think we'll get anything, especially with Bass and Beye unavailable.  :no:

Beye is out as well? So people are expecting us to get at least a draw against Villa without our two best defenders? Fuck off man, the truth is we could win and still go down. I am bracing myself for the worst, all we can do is hope other teams will help us out because I wouldn't rely on us helping ourselves.

To be honest they're worse then we are.